Defense Contributions of Nato Countries vs the Social Welfare Spending of Nato Countries

The US already takes in more immigrants than Germany.

immigrants, not refugees. if we would take in 1 million french it would be diffferent too, but the folks we got run under the refugee status, even if they are immigrants. this means we have to feed them, house them etc. and most of these folks are a direct result of US adventures within the middle east and lybia. so complaining that we don't spend enough to combat problems you create is a bit rich imo.

How much money does Murka need for its military? It spends more than the next seven countries combined.

All of a sudden if Germany spends 2% more it can scale back and Murkans can get free healthcare and college? Yeah Im sure thats what they would spend that extra 2% on.....

The US is asking these countries to simply foot the share they're expected to. 2% of GDP. US contributes 4. World trade leader Germany gives 1.

Sorry, but that is horse shit.

Isn't Germany restricted as to their armed forces?

I agree- we should all contribute more.

I'd also add that the US gets a lot out of NATO: 1) NATO countries support the US' foreign wars, 2) NATO countries are great customers for US arms makers, 3) the US gest military bases that benefit the US foreign policy.

The "pay up or scrap NATO" would hurt the US too.

To one of your earlier posts about NATO being shit without the US. While the US is the obviosuly GOAT, there are several nuclear powers in NATO, along with strong conventional forces.

Why would we do that? I want a strong military. So does the rest of the world, they just figure we have one they can use when they want to.
well if you want a strong military have one..... just dont complain about "paying the bills" then. Each country has its own priorities. America is not in charge of what we other nations do.

The US already takes in more immigrants than Germany.
its also a much bigger country. Thats like the UK bragging about taking in more immigrants than Norway

Is it really Muricas fault pussy Europeans cant defend their borders ?

By no legitimate account or definition are those people that entered Europe in any way refugees.
fleeing a warzone counts as "legitimate" btw

Why bother with this exchange if you're just going to end up where I started?
Do you want your programs to add to a deficit/debt or maybe be balanced by less spending somewhere else? If balanced, should we look for everywhere to get it? Could it come from here? Does trump seem to listen to celebrities? So the money could come from there and the joke still works, since x has been know to give it ya. But yes neither party has shown much interest in actually reaching the budget

It's simple we don't need NATO. We can defend ourselves if required without help.

So the question is what do we get out of the money we spend. I say it's not worth so we should scale back our spending and miltary support.

The same can be said for the U.N. or actually we get much less for our money.

Not saying we should quit them but scale back.

Especially at the world police bull shit. The next time we hear "The US should do something about this" our fist question is why what do we get out of it.

The Baltic countries can defend themselves from Russia. Look, they already defeated them in the World Cup.. We can sell them weapons but we should not guarantee that will we go to war for them. If we do, it should be on our own accord.

NATO is a relic and obsolete, something that Democrats typically complain about.

Don't blame NATO allies for the United States' voters being idiots.
LOl at this commie calling others "idiots".
Why don't you just leave if you hate the US so much? We don't want commie scum here.

NATO is an outdated relic that is costing us a fortune.
Let the cheap deadbeat countries wing it on their own.

Not when you hope 12 borders.

legitimate refugees are in Lebanon and Turkey.
they cant take all of them.... thats why theres something called the "international community". Especially when its western nations that are destabilising the region more than anyone. We have a moral duty to take our share of the innocent people fleeing the warzones

It's simple we don't need NATO. We can defend ourselves if required without help.

So the question is what do we get out of the money we spend. I say it's not worth so we should scale back our spending and miltary support.

The same can be said for the U.N. or actually we get much less for our money.

Not saying we should quit them but scale back.

Especially at the world police bull shit. The next time we hear "The US should do something about this" our fist question is why what do we get out of it.
yeah because America only intervenes for altruistic purposes dont they? they never invade countries to exploit their natural resources..... like ever.

Last edited:
Trump was quoted “ we put in 70%-90% of nato budget”

Another blatant lie by the idiot in charge

Last edited:
yeah because America only intervenes for altruistic purposes dont they? they never invade countries to exploit their natural resources..... like ever.

What countries and what resources?

By the way I never said we did.

My statement was before we get involved the first question should be "What's in it for the US".

This includes anything including aid of any kind.

Trump was quoted “ we ot 70%-90% of nato budget”

Another blatant lie by the idiot in charge

Yea he was off a little.

"By NATO’s count, total defense spending of all NATO members stood at about $957 billion in 2017. The United States’ share was about $686 billion. Do the math, and the percentage of U.S. spending is about 72 percent. (We don’t know the source for the 90 percent number."

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...-trump-misleads-us-defense-spending-nato-bud/

What countries and what resources?

By the way I never said we did.

My statement was before we get involved the first question should be "What's in it for the US".

This includes anything including aid of any kind.
oil from Iraq, and all the minerals and opium from Afghanistan for starters.

Yea he was off a little.

"By NATO’s count, total defense spending of all NATO members stood at about $957 billion in 2017. The United States’ share was about $686 billion. Do the math, and the percentage of U.S. spending is about 72 percent. (We don’t know the source for the 90 percent number."

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...-trump-misleads-us-defense-spending-nato-bud/

It's because he speaks without thinking and has almost no real knowledge on any subject. Plus he's a compulsive liar and con man so lying is part of his character.

But that's why you guys love him, "he calls it the way he sees it"

Back