Official Women's Division Discussion #25

Top female basketballers get paid 7 figure and 6 figure regularly in EU and China. And they don't have to deal with ppv bullshit, they get paid according to how well they perform.

Only Ronda consistently earned more than top female basketball players during her biggest years. Nunes got paid 2 million including ppv cut for her fight against Ronda which sold over 1 million ppv. Joanna could earn that much at 205, Cyborg haven't been on monster ppv card like that.

Female mma fighters have to be on monster ppv cards to make bank except Ronda, they don't earn that much for regular ppv cards which sold 200k-300k.

Not to mention that female tennis players dominate the Forbes list of top female athletes.

Please google a little before sugarcoating UFC's payments to athletes.

The problem now is that even top female combate sport athletes aren't making much moves to mma. How many top female judokas come to mma? Top female wrestlers outside of US aren't making moves to mma either. Only female pro boxers who are desperate for paycheck are making lots of moves to mma.

They aren't making moves because they could be trapped in 10k/10k contract unless they can reach top of the division, and they have to show their skin & speak good english to have a chance to be a ppv drawl.

Joanna made money from UFC 205 and UFC 217, I don't think she had ppv points from UFC 193.
Rumours were 1,5 mln from UFC 217, probably more from UFC 205. You can argue she made ~ 3-4 M $ just from 2 events.
Amanda fought twice as part of supercard, got ppv points once against Ronda, so she banked a lot there. maybe even ~ 1M.
Miesha-Holm as part of Conor/Nate card, probalby Holm got big fat check also. Miesha UFC 200.
I think Ronda was making great money only since 2015, fight against Davis was 60+60,lol.
So basicly female fighters started to make good money since 2015 (from fighting,commercials are different story).

Let's not forget about Nunes and Jedrzejczyk, that both of them are from countries not really that rich, let's say Jedrzejczyk made 4 M $, it's crazy amount of money if you live in Poland.
Probably same with Nunes and Brasil.
Jedrzejczyk is kinda overachiever if we talk about money. Still nothing compared for example to polish female tennis star Radwanska, who made 27 M $ as top tennis player.

Let's not forget about Nunes and Jedrzejczyk, that both of them are from countries not really that rich, let's say Jedrzejczyk made 4 M $, it's crazy amount of money if you live in Poland.
Probably same with Nunes and Brasil.

Nunes lives in US for nearly a decade

Pam Sorenson is such a strange fight for her to campaign for. Like I could name 5 natural featherweights that would be more competitive than that.
I don't usually defend Cyborg but I can't name one natural 145er that if Cyborg called her out would be anything but a one sided beating. This is partly due to how good Cyborg is but mostly due to how terrible the division itself is. I mean Cyborgs most competitive fight recently has been a 135er who was 1 - 3 in her previous 4 fights. So I treat her call out of Pam as a non story because any 145er she would have called out would elicit the same feelings.

I don't usually defend Cyborg but I can't name one natural 145er that if Cyborg called her out would be anything but a one sided beating. This is partly due to how good Cyborg is but mostly due to how terrible the division itself is. I mean Cyborgs most competitive fight recently has been a 135er who was 1 - 3 in her previous 4 fights. So I treat her call out of Pam as a non story because any 145er she would have called out would elicit the same feelings.

I get your point, there's not a whole lot of options.... but calling out Pam is about as ballsy a move as DC calling out Old Man Shogun.

I get your point, there's not a whole lot of options.... but calling out Pam is about as ballsy a move as DC calling out Old Man Shogun.

Worse actually. Shogun is on a winning streak and ranked in the top 10 of the division. Sorenson on the other hand...yeah...

The majority probably don’t care but how do y’all see Budd vs Lady Nog going? This is the first time in years Budd is facing someone her size. I think she gets subbed.
Talita is up there with Dern and Garcia when it comes to BJJ accomplishments.

Last edited:
So Jelly Bean Lahdemaki has finally announced her retirement, was still on the roster and was even tested the end of June ......... kind of sad

The majority probably don’t care but how do y’all see Budd vs Lady Nog going? This is the first time in years Budd is facing someone her size. I think she gets subbed.

See it the same way.

If Cris Cyborg wants to fight Pam Sorenson I'd say let her because
she has made it known she wants to fight a Featherweight and the
thing Pam Sorenson has on her record is wins over current UFC
Flyweights Nicco Montano & Jessica-Rose Clark.

I don’t think wins over two flyweights should really do much for a featherweights record.

Talita is up there with Dern and Garcia when it comes to BJJ accomplishments.

Maybe Budd will remember her stand up. Otherwise I hope she gets subbed. I still think she is too strong, but I have been wrong before.

Guess whose just got their request approved for media credentials for Invicta FC 30?

http://www.latimes.com/sports/boxin...ris-cyborg-20180711-story.html?outputType=amp

Cyborg told the Los Angeles Times on Wednesday night that she was under the impression as recently as Friday that Nunes would fight her Sept. 8, only to receive the agreement with the Dec. 29 date on it this week.

So she is full of shit, no one agreed with her on the Sept.8 date.

Asked if she'll sign the bout agreement to fight Nunes in December, Cyborg said, "I've already agreed to fight Amanda three times. My word is more important than a signed paper.

How about signing the fucking paper now?

"I asked the UFC to bring Amanda to a Las Vegas doctor to see if this injury is true. They never did."

Who the fuck she thinks she is?Even Dana White can't force fighters to accept medical exam.

Last edited:
If anything Claudia Gadelha's god awful cardio would improve
at Flyweight do to the fact she would only be cutting 10 lbs instead
of 20 like she is cutting now to get to Strawweight.

Back