WAR ROOM LOUNGE V10: It's all in the hips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cause he’s less haole than you?

Edit: Hell he’s less haole than I am

Fuckin' haoles.

It's pretty clever I gotta say. Switch a couple letters in a-holes and you've got a racist code word that people can say "Oh, we don't mean nothing bad by it.".

Fuckin' haoles.

It's pretty clever I gotta say. Switch a couple letters in a-holes and you've got a racist code word that people can say "Oh, we don't mean nothing bad by it.".
Lol...

But you do know the actual origin of the term, right?

Buckle up and hold on tight.

Thought of the WR IRL today. Was going through the Tenderloin around lunch time with a friend in town visiting SF. Thought I might have seen shit (flat so not sure). I said, "oh, damn, hicks think SF is covered in that, but I don't ever see it. Actual human shit." "Nah, I think it's dogshit, if anything." "We'll see what the lab has to say about that."

I think I was told years ago and then promptly forgot. Was it Captain Cook's nickname or something? :D
The proper pronunciation is actually like ha’oh’lei and the literal meaning is “no breath.” This is because foreigners (whites at the time) didn’t know how to do the honi which was the traditional greeting of inhaling each other’s breaths. The implication is that whites not only are ignorant of local ways but also lack any soul or spirit within.

So maybe if someone derisively calls you a haole you can ask them is they would like to honi! They might know less of their culture and history than you at this point...

Thought of the WR IRL today. Was going through the Tenderloin around lunch time with a friend in town visiting SF. Thought I might have seen shit (flat so not sure). I said, "oh, damn, hicks think SF is covered in that, but I don't ever see it. Actual human shit." "Nah, I think it's dogshit, if anything." "We'll see what the lab has to say about that."
There's a homeless shelter near my job, and also a McDonald's, so they tend to hang around pandering. Around the block there are some wide pillars and I often spot human waste on my way to work. Even flat it could still be human it just wasn't digested properly. Bad diet or metabolism.

With regard to the bet, your combination of childish goading and a refusal to address my concerns about ambiguity are putting me off.

I've put plenty of work into clarifying the terms of the bet. To me, it seems very clear. You stopped explaining what was unclear a long time ago. I think it's fair to suspect you of hiding. I know how badly it would deflate your ego to lose to me.

I was asking how you could possibly think that DB is more dishonest or dishonorable than posters like the ones mentioned

As I already wrote, I have enjoyed many of their posts but can't comment on their integrity. What would be my basis for doing so?

As I already wrote, I have enjoyed many of their posts but can't comment on their integrity. What would be my basis for doing so?

If you're saying that you haven't seen their posts, that's fine, but that leaves you ill-equipped to be handing out site-wide awards, doesn't it?

If you're saying that you haven't seen their posts, that's fine, but that leaves you ill-equipped to be handing out site-wide awards, doesn't it?
A little hyperbole is fun sometimes.

But OK. I will modify it. You make a good point and thank you for your criticism.

The proper pronunciation is actually like ha’oh’lei and the literal meaning is “no breath.” This is because foreigners (whites at the time) didn’t know how to do the honi which was the traditional greeting of inhaling each other’s breaths. The implication is that whites not only are ignorant of local ways but also lack any soul or spirit within.

So maybe if someone derisively calls you a haole you can ask them is they would like to honi! They might know less of their culture and history than you at this point...

Thanks. After thinking more I recalled I'd been told it mean stranger or foreigner.

I like this idea, but I'm scared someone would call my bluff. :eek::eek:

A little hyperbole is fun sometimes.

But OK. I will modify it. You make a good point and thank you for your criticism.

Sure. I would say that I think the term "catch and release" is intended to dehumanize people suspected of entering illegally, and I'd never use it. I don't support jailing people accused of non-violent crimes for prolonged periods before they get a fair hearing.

Sure. I would say that I think the term "catch and release" is intended to dehumanize people suspected of entering illegally, and I'd never use it. I don't support jailing people accused of non-violent crimes for prolonged periods before they get a fair hearing.

Obviously I disagree with your description of the term "catch and release" as inherently dehumanizing. Also, I find it to be a fair description of the policy that you support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back