Unsigned Heavyweights - Thread Four

There's a couple regional light heavies who would probably win the season easily.

A heavyweight bout between Ernest James (1-0 MMA, 1-0 BMMA) and Valentin Moldavsky (7-1 MMA, 1-0 BMMA) will open up the main card.

Bellator 202’

Weird fight I was expecting Timothy Johnson for this one

TUF 28- Heavy Hitters

Ben Sosoli 6-2
Maurice Greene 5-2
Michel Batista 4-0
Juan Espino 7-1
Justin Frazier 10-2
Braddock Silva 3-0-1
Przemyslaw Mysiala 22-9-1
Josh Parisian 7-2

hahahahah very weird roster imo, i think batista maybe will won.

Well, I didn't expect that.
A brazilian Kickboxer with a 3-1 Record, Espino is 37 (!) and fought 6 times last year and Mysiala is a 35 year old LHW.
Can't believe that they couldn't find any better HW's

Only for fun: Juan Espino is a celebrity in Senegal, multichampion in Senegalese Wrestling, and is training in ATT. For sure is the most strange background i see in MMA

A heavyweight bout between Ernest James (1-0 MMA, 1-0 BMMA) and Valentin Moldavsky (7-1 MMA, 1-0 BMMA) will open up the main card.

Bellator 202’

Weird fight I was expecting Timothy Johnson for this one

That's a weird fight. Ernest James is a solid NCAA D1 wrestler, but at the same time, he's a young prospect. It's derailing a young kid unless he can keep Moldavsky grounded for 15 minutes.

Only for fun: Juan Espino is a celebrity in Senegal, multichampion in Senegalese Wrestling, and is training in ATT. For sure is the most strange background i see in MMA

Haha, that's amazing. Shame about his age though, I feel like the MMA game is probably a bit beyond him at this point.

Here's my ranks in terms of who I think is the favorite for TUF 28:

1. Michel Batista 4-0
2. Josh Parisian 7-2
3. Maurice Greene 5-2
4. Braddock Silva 3-0-1
5. Justin Frazier 10-2
6. Ben Sosoli 6-2
7. Juan Espino 7-1
8. Przemyslaw Mysiala 22-9-1

Juan Espino wins the whole thing and goes on to become the Senegalese Romero.

Although I'm joking, I hope that happens. Would make a meh TUF seem somewhat intriguing.

Andrew Flores Smith 18-10 vs. Luis Guzman 0-0 (254)
Jon Hill 12-6 vs. Rudy Schaffroth 4-0
Valentin Moldavsky 7-1 vs. Ernest James 1-0
Dewayne McQueen 1-3 vs. Alton Meeks 0-0
Alan McGrath 0-0 vs. Chris Galinsky 2-3

light weekend again, EU scene has been real absent

Man, that TUF cast is shite.

Batista is clearly the standout (forgot about him in the TUF Forum comment), Parisian is good, can't be fucked with anyone else.

Man, the AGES as well. I was hoping for some fuckin 20-something guys, even if it was beefed up LHWs. Fucking state of that cast.

Dewayne McQueen 1-3 vs. Alton Meeks 0-0

This is an under the radar fight. Alton Meeks is a great wrestler. He's a high school wrestling champion, D1 linebacker out of Iowa State, and competed on the Team USA World Team trials for Greco. He's only 24. This is an easy pro fight, but keep an eye on him.

Man, that TUF cast is shite.

Batista is clearly the standout (forgot about him in the TUF Forum comment), Parisian is good, can't be fucked with anyone else.

Man, the AGES as well. I was hoping for some fuckin 20-something guys, even if it was beefed up LHWs. Fucking state of that cast.

It just shows they put the best guys on the Contenders Series. Juan Adams, Don'Tale Mayes, Shawn Teed, Mitchell Sipe, Jeff Hughes. Parisian and Batista are the only major blue chip guys on there, and should be huge favorites save for a flukey KO.

This is an under the radar fight. Alton Meeks is a great wrestler. He's a high school wrestling champion, D1 linebacker out of Iowa State, and competed on the Team USA World Team trials for Greco. He's only 24. This is an easy pro fight, but keep an eye on him.

It just shows they put the best guys on the Contenders Series. Juan Adams, Don'Tale Mayes, Shawn Teed, Mitchell Sipe, Jeff Hughes. Parisian and Batista are the only major blue chip guys on there, and should be huge favorites save for a flukey KO.
I don't understand why they don't just outright sing some more guys, and give them some lower level guys like Asker, Coulter, Sherman or Hu.

Rudy Schaffroth Looked good in Bellator: he could have been a good name in the tuf compared to some weird names they ended up adding there

I don't understand why they don't just outright sing some more guys, and give them some lower level guys like Asker, Coulter, Sherman or Hu.
I think besides Asker they tried to do it with these guys and Tuivasa, Harris or Sosnovsky or even Hardy but they didn't meet expectations because defensively liable isn't a good thing to be at HW.
They got good HWs on the Contender series though and possibly we get 2-3 good ones out of TUF...

I think besides Asker they tried to do it with these guys and Tuivasa, Harris or Sosnovsky or even Hardy but they didn't meet expectations because defensively liable isn't a good thing to be at HW.
They got good HWs on the Contender series though and possibly we get 2-3 good ones out of TUF...
I really do hope the contender series and TUF bring a few good ones. HW needs it desperately. But what about guys like Pavlovich, Goltsov, Goncharov etc? They should be experienced enough for a shot.

I really do hope the contender series and TUF bring a few good ones. HW needs it desperately. But what about guys like Pavlovich, Goltsov, Goncharov etc? They should be experienced enough for a shot.
It's a well known fact that UFC is much more likely to sign North American subpar talent than Eastern European decent one.
IMO UFC did a good job with their scouting when it comes to the prospects currently fighting in US, it's the international ones that they continue to ignore, some because are being well paid under exclusive contract, and others who the fuck knows why..

Therefore, when scouting talent at the heavier weight classes, it's smart to always separate it by region. Most of the NA prospects will be in DWNTCS/TUF.
822f61237855fdad4ead3a96377076ae.png

None of the European ones. To be fair, i think most of them wouldn't accept a DWTNCS offer. Only a UFC contract, right away.
7f29644ade3418ddc17b56a003e40e8c.png

Maybe they sign Goltsov or one of Ali Abdel Aziz's guys who isn't in PFL for the Moscow event.
As much as I dislike the guy I hope that some of the russians sign with the UFC through Ali.

Back