This is it! Kavanaugh is done. Massive credit card debt scandal

And he shrank the debt by trillions too!

I mean he's not that stupid, right? He understands what he's saying. He's just a dishonest little ankle biter, hoping there's someone on here that's actually dumb to read his post and take it for anything besides, no?

What a loser. The guy can't even manage his credit card debt, impressive judgment!

Yeah and if Obama left spending at the rate he inherited from Bush.. the debt would have nearly trippled.

What's your point?

Do you not understand how lowering the rate of increase is more beneficial to tackling the national debt than increasing spending and cutting taxes?

My point is that you agree that he signed off on doubling the debt. He could have refused to sign off on spending 0$. He didn't. And yet he signed off on budgets that doubled the debt over his term, yes?

What a loser. The guy can't even manage his credit card debt, impressive judgment!

He's a nominee to be a justice for the highest court in the Country, and a sitting judge for the second highest court in the country. What have you done?

My point is that you agree that he signed off on doubling the debt. He could have refused to sign off on spending 0$. He didn't. And yet he signed off on budgets that doubled the debt over his term, yes?

Your point is silly and doesn't really apply to reality. Obama did veto budget proposals multiple times and the deficit was at the lowest point in 10 years because of it.

Obama did his best with a bad hand, and you're salty because I'm right.

The only administrations that have done anything to tackle to debt or deficit in our lifetimes have both been Democrat. So the idea that conservatives are actually fiscally conservative is pure fantasy.

Trump has already increased it by 1/3rd with tax cuts and spending increases. Bush turned the only surplus our lifetimes into $1.4T/yr deficit with tax cuts and spending increases.

So you're saying that instead of shrinking the debt, Obama increased it? Must have been by just a little bit. He was fairly parsimonious.

I'm saying the deficit was so far out of control by the time it was Obama's turn to manage it it's a bit silly to pin the entire problem on his shoulders considering it took the entire history of America to get to that point and despite that he still did more than any other administration in our lifetime to correct it.

Sorry it wasn't enough, maybe you should have told McConnell to do something besides vote no on everything for the 8 years Obama was in office if you really wanted to give him a chance at it.

But you guys didn't. You like making pretend you care about the debt just to use it as a political jab.

He's a nominee to be a justice for the highest court in the Country, and a sitting judge for the second highest court in the country. What have you done?
Paid off my credit cards every month for one thing. I'm a lawyer, trust me, most judges are idiots. It's a political position, and most appointed positions go to people who are easily manipulated or will just do what they are told.

Paid off my credit cards every month for one thing. I'm a lawyer, trust me, most judges are idiots. It's a political position, and most appointed positions go to people who are easily manipulated or will just do what they are told.

Anecdotal, but anecdotally from my own personal experience I disagree with nothing in this post.

I'm saying the deficit was so far out of control by the time it was Obama's turn to manage it

No doubt about it, Bush and the Dem Congress were wilding, financially speaking, in Bush's last several years. Bush deserves plenty of blame for that. But Obama came in with all guns blazing spending wise as well. Trump doesn't care either, so that's three in a row.

But trying to let Obama off the hook is laughable. He holds the record.

Report: Trump's Supreme Court Nominee Blames Massive Credit Card Debt On Nationals Season Ticket

Chris Thompson

Yesterday 8:53pm
Filed to:BRETT KAVANAUGH
Getty Images)}], licensor: Getty Images)

In a truly troubling sign of poor judgment, Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh says he racked up huge sums of credit card debt purchasing season tickets to watch the chronically disappointing Washington Nationals play baseball in their charmless stadium year after year:

White House spokesman Raj Shah told The Washington Post that Kavanaugh built up the debt by buying Washington Nationals season tickets and tickets for playoff games for himself and a “handful” of friends.

https://deadspin.com/report-trumps-supreme-court-nominee-blames-massive-cre-1827529282/amp

This is the hard hitting media the American public has been demanding. These are the first steps to rebuilding the public faith in good journalist practices, and integrity.

Kavanaugh is done, no sane American would support a Washington Nationals fan.

Discuss......
The Nats were fun to watch the past few years.

No doubt about it, Bush and the Dem Congress were wilding, financially speaking, in Bush's last several years. Bush deserves plenty of blame for that. But Obama came in with all guns blazing spending wise as well. Trump doesn't care either, so that's three in a row.

But trying to let Obama off the hook is laughable. He holds the record.

How did he come in with all guns blazing spending if the deficit was less than half than what he inherited when he left office and his only major piece of legislation was deficit neutral?

How did he come in with all guns blazing spending if the deficit was less than half than what he inherited when he left office and his only major piece of legislation was deficit neutral?
Er, the trillion dollar stimulus? Right off the top of my head.

Obama was terrible on the debt. Yes, the deficit was eventually narrowed, but much of that was the hated GOP Congress fighting tooth and nail every time we neared the debt ceiling.

Er, the trillion dollar stimulus? Right off the top of my head.

Obama was terrible on the debt. Yes, the deficit was eventually narrowed, but much of that was the hated GOP Congress fighting tooth and nail every time we neared the debt ceiling.

You mean the trillion dollar stimulus that was passed during the Bush administration and directly impacted Obama's deficit before he even was sworn in?

That stimulus?

Or would you have preferred breadlines and tent cities again?

I do have a bit of CC debt, stupid. I'm rectifying that, now.
I've been in front of more than a handful, and I'd say you're right in that there are a higher percentage of goons in robes versus regular population.
Maybe 50/50?
Still, even if not most it means half are solid. You'd hope by the time they get to a federal district court they're at least writing some upheld positions or dissensions.
Kavanaugh has a shit ton, right? Stacks.
And even without McCain, they need the 'pubs to trash/block him. Seems unlikely.
<Fedor23>

But this probably is it. Now that I give it some thought ...

The Nats were fun to watch the past few years.
Got to see them play the Red Sox on 4th of July this year. Damn decent stadium too.

There's a cool little outdoor brewery across the street on the river too which I thought was awesome. Bathrooms are old CONEX boxes with cut in half kega for urinals, wood stumps for chairs with bigger wood stumps for tables. It was great for after game drinking.

This has nothing to do with the topic at hand but neither does the last 2 pages so fuck it.

Vulnerable to compro-mat? Pay for play/SC decisions?

I don't know how big a deal this is but it is something that requires attention.

The vast majority of the debt was for National's tickets. And they weren't just for him. They were apparently for 3rd parties as well. And despite racking up and keeping said debt on the books for some time, he managed to suddenly pay it off at once (as opposed to paying it off every season).

People might say "He chose paid off his debt to help his nomination possibility" but his financial disclosures don't suggest that he has the discretionary capital just sitting around either. He listed $15k- $65k in assets and the debt was $60k-$200k. That's tricky math.

Maybe he tapped his retirement account and that's legit. Maybe he saved for the short term specifically to address this debt. But debt and financial management is one of the things that they look at when nominating judges. And if he racked up the debt buying season tickets for other people, why? It's the type of thing that we're supposed to kick the tires on before assigning someone to a job for life where he will be making decisions that could have significant financial impact on the people he engages.
maybe the other people paid him back? thats the most logical answer. He knew he was going to be scrutinized so he asked for the money to clear up the debt.

Back