I like it hard, anyone here a soft guy?

Soft house made corn tortilla FTW

I'm a burrito man myself. Give me that forearm sized meat vehicle that really fills you up.

Tacos are merely foreplay.

Homemade tacos: Soft
Mexican place: Soft
Fast Food: Hard. Mostly because they usually have mealy and/or soggy soft tortillas.

It's all about the double decker tacos. Take a soft tortilla, slather on some refried beans, then stick a hard shell taco in that baby. You got that crunch without the messy eating.

I usually get soft just because hard always breaks apart

I really don't care, but makes me want to start a Taco night at home to add more variety

Was expecting a cocaine thread.

OT I like to get a hard shell then spread refried beans on a tortilla and wrap it.

Where I'm from those are called "tacos a la gringa".

You like it gringo style.

Both.

Now, ordinarily, I'd make a crack about tacos, comparing them to vaginas, and it'd kill the show, joke of the thread.
But I've done with tacos, and have moved on. That's yesterday's material.

I'm all about enchiladas now

Well some of us prefer the normalcy of yesterday Mister fucking Snooty Britches.

Soft shell tacos are effeminate tacos. They are basically Confused Pitas that have been transed into mexican cuisine...

Soft all the way. If you're going the hard shell route, you should at least go with the authentic Mexican version of hard shell where the soft tortilla is fried to a nice golden brown. Not that yellow crumbly garbage.

20120110-mariscos-jalisco-tacos-top.jpg

Soft.

Hard-shell tacos are awkward as a motherfucker.

You gotta tilt it sideways... Some salsa is gonna fall on the plate. Then it cracks when you bite it and half of the ground beef falls out.

You go to bed wondering "who invented this crap at all?"

It's all about variety. I like em with brown meat, sometimes with white meat, sometimes even fishy meat. Sometimes hard is good for a thrill, sometimes soft is comforting and relaxing. Variety is the spice of life.

nxNo3ER.jpg

zsaxSmd.jpg

xOIXie5.jpg

Soft.

You gotta tilt it sideways... Some salsa is gonna fall on the plate. Then it cracks when you bite it and half of the ground beef falls out.

Dat Taco Neck Syndrome

500px-TNS.jpg

Soft.

Like I said. You eat a a bunch of hard shell tacos and then afterwards you've got a plate of nachos.

The hilarious thing is that a tostada is a legitimate Mexican dish. This is literally a hard shelled taco with the shell flat instead of, um, folded

Tangy-Turkey-Tostadas_exps23117_SD143205A01_28_3bC_RMS.jpg

So all this outrage over hard shelled tacos being an abomination just comes down to shell shape. LOL

It's all tortillas and filling anyway.

hard shells are legit if they are handfried, and not the storebought Taco Bell style ones
edit: all about that white corn tho, yellow is a no go

Last edited:
Apples and oranges; two different dishes, not different styles, so I wouldn't put them against each other.
I like both. Original soft tortilla taco is the better dish though.

Back