IS Fallout 4 GOTY Edition worth it for 20 bucks?

Quinton Overeem

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Hey everyone. So this pack is only 20 bucks. But the included addons are DLC, is it worth it?

Are the side quests interesting? Does the game tell you several mini-stories as in 3 or NV?

Loved them both, should I like this one too?

Is there a particular add-on which is better than the others?

Your opinions, please !

The base game alone has way more than $20 of content. I haven't got dlc for it yet, but popular opinion is Nuka World and Far Harbor have a ton of content. Be aware the rpg side of things is dumbed down a bit in favor of base building, but the combat is better and the exploration is just as good as the other games

FO4 is my least favorite FO and I'd say $20 for the complete package is definitely worth it.

FO4 is my least favorite FO and I'd say $20 for the complete package is definitely worth it.
Completely agree. BTW @Quinton Overeem who is selling the GOTY edition for $20, a store or someone you know? Each individual DLC is still $20 on the xbox store, those bastards.

Yeah it's worth it if you enjoyed previous fallouts.
Explain why some people who liked older FO, couldnt even get to half way on this one?

Its garbage, spend that money on other games and pick it up for 5 later.

the DLC might make it a lil more fun, but the base FO4 is meh. i wanted to really like it, and one i'll go back and mod it to hell just to get it somewhere i wanna go. i'd grab something else.

I consider FNV to be the superior FO in the series, and FO4 gets a lot of flack for excluding the RPG element sort of over NV but for $20 the full version including DLC is well worth it.

Of course it is. I paid full price for the game/season pass.

Worth every penny full price, let alone $20

Explain why some people who liked older FO, couldnt even get to half way on this one?

Its garbage, spend that money on other games and pick it up for 5 later.
Prolly because the rpg elements were stripped down. That's why I quit 30 hours in on my first playthrough, and why most people I know that have it irl quit on it too. The exploration and combat is still good though.

If you haven't already played Fallout 4; then 100% I would buy it.

It's a steal at that price. The positives outweigh the negatives and you have a fine selection of mods to further enhance your game.

Hours of fun.

I have a question about the power armor

I had the T45, wasnt wearing it, it was stored at sanctuary. and found some Raider power armor. Went back to sanctuary, go to the armor, the transfer items screen, when I attempted to swap the T45 helmet for the Raider helmet, the T45 helmet just dissapeared. Shouldnt it go back into my inventory?

i got the base Fallout 4 game and after playing it for about 15 hours i quit and decided to go get the GotY Edition because all of the DLCs are so expensive to purchase seperately and they add sooooo much new content

it starts out great and turns into a horribly broken, buggy mess by the halfway mark. i never even played the dlc (despite making the mistake of getting the season pass), i just saw no reason to bother with it.

for $20, it depends on how much you want to play this POS, i guess. if you have plenty of money to burn and you buy a lot of crappy games, you might as well get this one, too. fallout 4 SHOULD BE a great game. but it's basically a slap in the face with how many bugs/errors/problems it has. it never should have shipped this way.

i got the base Fallout 4 game and after playing it for about 15 hours i quit and decided to go get the GotY Edition because all of the DLCs are so expensive to purchase seperately and they add sooooo much new content

iirc, there was only one real expansion - far harbor. the rest was silly, stupid bullshit that added little to nothing. robots. a vault. settlement shit (hilarious since the settlement part was bugged and literally never worked properly).

And for $20 you are buying over 100+ hours of content. If you enjoyed the formula of FO3 and NV you'll enjoy FO4. It has better game mechanics than either of those, but is weaker overall in character development and writing... at least when compared to New Vegas. FO3 and 4 are probably on par, regarding writing. And don't forget all of the mods. Better if you're buying on PC, then you've got 10s of thousands of mods to work with over at the Nexus. If'd suggest playing the game mod-less first, or maybe only with the unofficial patches. I'm not sure if the Unofficial patches are available on PS4/X1.

Went back to it a little while ago while waiting for Dad of Boy to come out, got a good 75 hours out of it before I got bored and just beat it.

Worth it for $20, not even including mods and the expansion if you liked previous Fallouts. Not as good as them but still a lot to do.

Back