What kind of melee weapon is effective, yet considered less than lethal

MadSquabbles500

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
What kind of melee weapon is effective, yet considered non lethal or at least a few steps below lethal?

Basically lets say you want to disable someone in self defense, but really want to lessen risk of fatal injury.

I guess the first way to look at it is to avoid hitting the head. But then what melee weapon can you use, make shift of otherwise, to effectively attack the non essential parts of the body. Then we have to consider the weakest part of the non essential body. That being the joints, or outer extremities.

Now if you are standing toe to toe, it be easier to swing at the upper body of the opponent, and that includes the head. You can attack arms, but arms move around and can defend. The legs be easier to attack, but the legs are low, and have to bring weapon down and around to bear, and that will lessen your chance of effective contact.

Whips, and flays/flails may be a good options. They are quick, and light weight enough for you to strike head without doing too much damage. But whips and flays/flails require skill to use effectively. The thing can go all over the place if you dont know how to use, and you likely need more than one strike to disable opponent. In modern times, I guess you can use your belt to similar effect if you are out and about and need a melee weapon.

What about a beer bottle to the head? How much damage can that do? Will the police see that as deadly assault with a deadly weapon?

Fucking anything, so long as it’s not against a person armed with a knife or gun or on a pcp type drug, will work to increase your chances in a fight if you don’t have effective striking/grappling skills where you’re better off with just your body. Two unskilled combatants, it comes down to who is the most aggressive 9 times out of 10

Baseball bat, shovel, 9 iron. Those will all put a person down with a solid shot to the body or knee, but could easily kill to the head

A car, just driver slower.

giphy.gif

What kind of melee weapon is effective, yet considered non lethal or at least a few steps below lethal?

Basically lets say you want to disable someone in self defense, but really want to lessen risk of fatal injury.

I guess the first way to look at it is to avoid hitting the head. But then what melee weapon can you use, make shift of otherwise, to effectively attack the non essential parts of the body. Then we have to consider the weakest part of the non essential body. That being the joints, or outer extremities.

Now if you are standing toe to toe, it be easier to swing at the upper body of the opponent, and that includes the head. You can attack arms, but arms move around and can defend. The legs be easier to attack, but the legs are low, and have to bring weapon down and around to bear, and that will lessen your chance of effective contact.

Whips, and flays/flails may be a good options. They are quick, and light weight enough for you to strike head without doing too much damage. But whips and flays/flails require skill to use effectively. The thing can go all over the place if you dont know how to use, and you likely need more than one strike to disable opponent. In modern times, I guess you can use your belt to similar effect if you are out and about and need a melee weapon.

What about a beer bottle to the head? How much damage can that do? Will the police see that as deadly assault with a deadly weapon?

How determined is the attacker?

A car antenna or something similar. Durable flexible thin metal rod would leave a devastatingly sharp painful welt.

Real answer is Kali sticks.

Fucking anything, so long as it’s not against a person armed with a knife or gun or on a pcp type drug, will work to increase your chances in a fight if you don’t have effective striking/grappling skills where you’re better off with just your body. Two unskilled combatants, it comes down to who is the most aggressive 9 times out of 10

Baseball bat, shovel, 9 iron. Those will all put a person down with a solid shot to the body or knee, but could easily kill to the head

Wont baseball bats be considered a deadly weapon by police? I not sure bout shovels and golf clubs, but people have died from bat strikes.

Wont baseball bats be considered a deadly weapon by police? I not sure bout shovels and golf clubs, but people have died from bat strikes.
You can kill someone with a bat, or any of those things for that matter with almost zero effort. Legally anything you use/adapt for the purpose of inflicting serious injury or death can be classified as a deadly weapon. A spork from Taco Bell or a swingline stapler in your office could be a deadly weapon depending on the way it’s used in the attack.

You can kill someone with a bat, or any of those things for that matter with almost zero effort. Legally anything you use/adapt for the purpose of inflicting serious injury or death can be classified as a deadly weapon. A spork from Taco Bell or a swingline stapler in your office could be a deadly weapon depending on the way it’s used in the attack.

I think in a court of law though, the lawyers will have an easier time spinning a stapler, and a spork better than a bat. Bat you look like a psycho.

uhrty69.jpg

Every man has a less lethal option around their waist.

Belts. They’re not just for yo’ kids.

I've deployed an ASP (expandable metal baton) against someone at work. It was worthless.

An actual wood baton or PR24 side handle would have been better.

I've deployed an ASP (expandable metal baton) against someone at work. It was worthless.

An actual wood baton or PR24 side handle would have been better.

You saw how effective the ASP was for that Soy Boy in Portland.....oh wait......never mind.

Millwall brick

A lot of folks in this generation are gonna have trouble making that on the fly, lol. Millennials will look at you like, “What’s loose change?”
876A84F4-3648-401A-8350-F960B4DDAF14.jpeg

This...right to the clavicle. If you manage to break it, they are out of the fight. Even if you are a maniac with an iron will, attacking with a broken clavicle is next to impossible. It is a flexible bone for sure, but it is possible to break it with a sharp strike from a heavy flashlight.

Back