One and done NBA rule possibly coming to an end.....

There were a lot of busts who came out of high school.

Well, Condi didn't fix shit in the NCAA, and this was our one shot, so why not fuck up the NBA completely, too?

It's might be beyond saving at this point, anyway.

The one and done rule should be eliminated. If you are ready to play, right out of high school, sometimes college does not make sense for a great up and coming star.

There were a lot of busts who came out of high school.
Meh, there are plenty of busts out of college as well. Certainly amongst one and done players. They need to build the G-league to a point where it's more like a legit minor league like baseball and not just where fringe players go. Every franchise should have their own team in the G-league where young players go to get real minutes if they're not ready to contribute seriously (I know they've been moving towards this, but finish it off already and really utilize it). I read recently that nearly a third of NBA players have spent time there, but I'd bet its still almost exclusively reserves/end of bench and short term fill-ins. They need to make it acceptable for lottery draft picks to start their careers there.

Good. To me it always seemed ludicrous that players had to go one and done, if you are good enough you are old enough. But more than that the whole college system just seems pretty disgraceful in terms of exploiting players, not to mention extremely fake in terms of it's shamateur 'student-athletes'....

i wonder how this would affect calipari and kentucky. he would have to change his entire approach

i wonder how this would affect calipari and kentucky. he would have to change his entire approach
In fairness, Calipari has always said his job is to help kids get along in their basketball careers/post-basketball lives, not win championships. He'll still get the best recruits who aren't sure they'll get drafted high enough. He was successful before the one and done rule.

I'm not a fan of his, but I do respect his honesty and mindset on that score. He puts the players above the program. Just seems like a dirty scumbag otherwise.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba...olish-one-and-done-rule/ar-AAzU8wF?ocid=ientp

I think if a guy is ready to go to the NBA at 18 let him

i mean we're talking about what maybe 5 high school seniors that are NBA ready caliber players in the whole country each year?

the scouts will do their jobs. if you're balling enough to be the 1% of the 1% god bless you go get cho paper

GMs will still draft high schoolers regardless if there NBA ready or not. Shit, most guys coming out of college aren't ready to contribute at the nba level either.

Just keep em stashed in the G League for a couple years, will probably help that league out actually.

It should go away. If anything if you are going to force kids to go to college or wait, may as well make it at least two years.

But if they don't want to go to school, why force them. MLB and NHL doesn't do that shit.

They probably got some backdoor deal with the ncaa or something

if you are a lotto pick coming out of high school you are a fool not to take that money and run. You run the risk of an injury that can cost you millions or even your whole career. The window is small so maximize it.

Let the market decide. Given that some of the best players of all time came right out of HS, it's been proven that some guys are ready for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back