One of the most underrated icons in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, the legend..

Retarded techniques work on you because you suck, and the people who are applying them have been doing them for decades. When I was a white belt loads of guys I can beat nowadays seemed extremely good to me.
I'm pretty sure Dan the Wolfmans students things he is some catch wrestling god.

Dude you really think dan isn’t a good grappler? Hes a Lot of things, but after all, he’s probably going to smash your ass so bad you ain’t gonna be wanting to grapple no more...

Dude you really think dan isn’t a good grappler? Hes a Lot of things, but after all, he’s probably going to smash your ass so bad you ain’t gonna be wanting to grapple no more...

Dan shows trash techniques that I'm sure of.
I do believe I would have the advantage when grappling over him, I have outgrappled plenty of roided MMA guys in training.

Dan shows trash techniques that I'm sure of.
I do believe I would have the advantage when grappling over him, I have outgrappled plenty of roided MMA guys in training.

Dan has been grappling longer that you have lived...

...huh. I'm guessing you've never rolled with any decent Rickson guys. The notion that their BJJ doesn't work or is somehow obsolete is silly. 'Old school' doesn't have to mean antiquated, for the good old school guys it just means having a game that works in multiple contexts: gi, no-gi, MMA. You can find old school ways to deal with new school techniques, Kron made a career of it. I agree that some of the Gracies especially will demonstrate outdated technique sometimes, but generally speaking old school guys produce very competent students. Especially for MMA, many of the fighters who use BJJ most successfully in the cage come from old school lineages. Frank Mir, for example, is in Sergio Penha's lineage and has trained a lot with him in Vegas. I've learned a lot about positioning and pressure from Rickson lineage guys, it's really silly to think they don't know anything just because they're not berimboloing people at Mundials.
Irony is the most prominent berombolo proponents today are from rickson lineage

Back