STREET FIGHTER V-v6:CE - 2020 Summer Update. Dan, Oro, Rose, Akira and ??? Join the cast.

At this point I’m convinced Capcom only put Alex in the game as a fan service.

Went to my local last night and watched some sick Cody play. He seems pretty strong in the right hands. That rock mixup is dirty. I really like his design and think he’s a breath of fresh air.

Their idea of fixing Alex is buff lariat, nerf everything else. That's why you see me spamming it at times because that's obviously what they want.

Meanwhile, you have low tier Eddy Gordo winning CEO against some of the best, lol.

GGs. I figured we'd stick with 3S since ST can be a bit scary for newcomers. Sorry about the cheese with Balrog, lol.

I dislike DeeJay as well (never liked his character), but Ryu (both Ryus actually) is a good matchup for him even though DeeJay is top tier.

GGs. I figured we'd stick with 3S since ST can be a bit scary for newcomers. Sorry about the cheese with Balrog, lol.

I dislike DeeJay as well (never liked his character), but Ryu (both Ryus actually) is a good matchup for him even though DeeJay is top tier.

ST is nuts and seems to be full of cheese! I mean you get on a roll and you're going to run people over. I was watching a Bison in Alpha3 last night and he looked pretty solid.

ST is nuts and seems to be full of cheese! I mean you get on a roll and you're going to run people over. I was watching a Bison in Alpha3 last night and he looked pretty solid.

It is, but that cheese can be stopped. Ryu is a pretty solid character and both versions of him are pretty good. Damdai almost won CEO 2018 with Old Ryu.

Here's a match between New Ryu and Old Ryu.

Grand Finals

Was the Bison using A-Ism? I don't remember seeing a Bison in SFA3, but I wasn't big into the alpha series anyway.

It is, but that cheese can be stopped. Ryu is a pretty solid character and both versions of him are pretty good. Damdai almost won CEO 2018 with Old Ryu.

Here's a match between New Ryu and Old Ryu.

Grand Finals

Was the Bison using A-Ism? I don't remember seeing a Bison in SFA3, but I wasn't big into the alpha series anyway.

Yea, I watched those. ST fights are always entertaining, but damn is it quick. You really need to know your stuff.

He was using A-ism actually. I liked his gameplay, he looked really fun. Have you been able to find any Cody combo notes online? They're all in videos. I can't find a thing.

Yea, I watched those. ST fights are always entertaining, but damn is it quick. You really need to know your stuff.

He was using A-ism actually. I liked his gameplay, he looked really fun. Have you been able to find any Cody combo notes online? They're all in videos. I can't find a thing.

The damage in older fighting games was higher with no damage scaling. Uppercuts in Mortal Kombat took like 20% of your lifebar.

Yeah, I figured it was A-ism though I don't remember seeing much of him TBH. Never cared for him in Alpha.

Nope, haven't really looked, lol.

Hello fellow Sherdoggers, Happy Friday. As usual, I will be running a Battle Lounge today starting around 4:30 if anyone is interested. If I see you online, I’ll shoot you an invite. I’m playing from my PS4 account, FYI.

Eleague top 8 is today too (6pm eastern). I can log in for a bit, although I'm going to be watching the Twitch stream at the same time so I don't know how great my connection will be.

Eleague top 8 is today too (6pm eastern). I can log in for a bit, although I'm going to be watching the Twitch stream at the same time so I don't know how great my connection will be.

Forgot about that. I'll just have it setup on my iPad. I may have to move to PC though. Go Daigo!

Forgot about that. I'll just have it setup on my iPad. I may have to move to PC though. Go Daigo!

I haven't watched any of that myself.

I saw that Pullum Purna and Vulcano Rosso are going to be free for Fighting EX Layer. I guess the game is actually selling?

I haven't watched any of that myself.

I saw that Pullum Purna and Vulcano Rosso are going to be free for Fighting EX Layer. I guess the game is actually selling?

I saw that, I don’t know how they play but they’re free so I’m happy. I think some people are complaining on twitter because they feel they didn’t get enough for $60. So FEXL announced these two new adds and an arcade mode in the future both free. I think the game is very fun, but to be honest I bought it so that others could play at my local. I do enjoy it though and like the different style of play. Lot’s of running towards each other ha.

I saw that, I don’t know how they play but they’re free so I’m happy. I think some people are complaining on twitter because they feel they didn’t get enough for $60. So FEXL announced these two new adds and an arcade mode in the future both free. I think the game is very fun, but to be honest I bought it so that others could play at my local. I do enjoy it though and like the different style of play. Lot’s of running towards each other ha.

Understandable, but this is a small company. I'm surprised that they're releasing those two for free.

Vulcano Rosso was a very fun character in EX3. He had a counter, a rekka (iirc), a quick special dash like Yang's, and stomped your face into the ground.

Never cared for Pullum. I only remember her having a spiral arrow/cannon drill, flip kick, and a special overhead I believe (like Sean's?)

I'll buy it eventually, but I also heard good things about BBCTB.

Smug resets the bracket and then they go to a commercial break? That's fucking stupid. Comeback incoming.

@SwamiLeoni. That was fun. While we were playing, I realized that aside from execution stuff I really need to work on taking risks. Cammy spoiled me because it's so easy to play safe; you can get it without ever leaving yourself open to being punished. I don't think I've ever thrown so many sweeps before tonight. I need to use cr. mp-> into low ruffian as my punish combo though. His target combo is cool, but I'm way too reliant on it. Especially as c. lp, c. lp, med ruffian does more damage. I think I'm gonna stick with him. Aside from being kind of cool, he's also making me use a lot of stuff that I didn't need to bother with when I was playing Cammy.

I actually had to go into training mode to find a real frame trap, and it just happens to be a counter hit combo. Cammy players don't need to even think about that stuff because a bunch of her bnb's are also frame traps.

@SwamiLeoni. That was fun. While we were playing, I realized that aside from execution stuff I really need to work on taking risks. Cammy spoiled me because it's so easy to play safe; you can get it without ever leaving yourself open to being punished. I don't think I've ever thrown so many sweeps before tonight. I need to use cr. mp-> into low ruffian as my punish combo though. His target combo is cool, but I'm way too reliant on it. Especially as c. lp, c. lp, med ruffian does more damage. I think I'm gonna stick with him. Aside from being kind of cool, he's also making me use a lot of stuff that I didn't need to bother with when I was playing Cammy.

I actually had to go into training mode to find a real frame trap, and it just happens to be a counter hit combo. Cammy players don't need to even think about that stuff because a bunch of her bnb's are also frame traps.

Hell yea man, that was like 30+ games of just Cody vs Cody. Execution sucks in any fighting game. Sometimes I wish I started with a controller, especially with SFV’s system. I just played a Cody in ranked as Ryu and got mopped up. He’s a new character so its hard to know what he’s doing, but the guy I played didn’t play at all like we were playing so it through me off. He’s a pretty rad character overall. I could tell you were doing cr.lp throw like Cammy though. That shit was cracking me up. We started to reach each other’s plays for the most part and it stayed competitive. I hope that G is this fun.

Hell yea man, that was like 30+ games of just Cody vs Cody. Execution sucks in any fighting game. Sometimes I wish I started with a controller, especially with SFV’s system. I just played a Cody in ranked as Ryu and got mopped up. He’s a new character so its hard to know what he’s doing, but the guy I played didn’t play at all like we were playing so it through me off. He’s a pretty rad character overall. I could tell you were doing cr.lp throw like Cammy though. That shit was cracking me up. We started to reach each other’s plays for the most part and it stayed competitive. I hope that G is this fun.
Yeah I like tick throws. Now I just need to work on my shimmy spacing.

Haha I can tell.

Anyone think Cody might be in the Top 10? I think he is.
I'm not sure yet. I know there's a lot of disagreement about how good he is. I think the biggest thing that he's missing to be top tier is easy pressure, but VT 2 seems really good for just being 2 bars.

FV Cup Results.....

1. RZR|Xian (Ibuki)
2. FightClub|UD (Cammy)
3. FD|Haitani (Akuma)
4. CYG|GamerBee (Cammy)
5. Tse4 (Balrog, Chun-Li)
5. Mago (Cammy)
7. AB|StormKubo (Abigail)
7. VS|NekoXX (Cammy)

There seems to be better character variety in ST than in this game, lol.

Last edited:
A recent suggestion that I've heard is making VT 1 3 bars for Cammy. I think that alone would probably knock her out of the top 3. She gets too much off of it considering it's not uncommon to get 2 activations in a round.

Back