UFN 134 Shogun vs Smith

null

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
S93vyAX.jpg

Smith is more of a fav than he was over rashad... not sure what that says other than books vastly overating rashad..

Smith is more of a fav than he was over rashad... not sure what that says other than books vastly overating rashad..

I think that was more a "path to victory" thing. Everyone figured "Hey, if Rashad can wrestle and just win 2 rounds and then survive..."

With Shogun, it's pretty obviously going to be a striking match. And I think people just don't believe Shogun has the chin to hang in there anymore.

Plus it's also the fact that Smith is coming off that impressive quick brutal finish. But...yeah...against the ghost of Rashad who is beyond done. I think Shogun for sure has more left than Rashad, if nothing else.

man i wish i could find a way to play shogun here because smith is just not the type of guy i can trust at -280.

man i wish i could find a way to play shogun here because smith is just not the type of guy i can trust at -280.

Even if Smith makes it look easier than he did vs Rashad I won't regret passing on him at these odds.

Is this card on fight pass? Cause it sucks pretty badly

I think that was more a "path to victory" thing. Everyone figured "Hey, if Rashad can wrestle and just win 2 rounds and then survive..."

With Shogun, it's pretty obviously going to be a striking match. And I think people just don't believe Shogun has the chin to hang in there anymore.

Plus it's also the fact that Smith is coming off that impressive quick brutal finish. But...yeah...against the ghost of Rashad who is beyond done. I think Shogun for sure has more left than Rashad, if nothing else.
I'm more worried about Shogun's gastank than chin, to be honest. 5 rounds is a long time, and Smith seems to have good cardio. It's one of the few things I really think is good about him.

I'm more worried about Shogun's gastank than chin, to be honest. 5 rounds is a long time, and Smith seems to have good cardio. It's one of the few things I really think is good about him.

Smith does not have good cardio IMO, its not terrible but its not a strength of his. He rectified it a little in his last 2 fights(excluding the 1min ko of rashad) by not going as balls out in the 1st round. But he historically fatigues very noticeably around the latter half of the second round, although he does not completely gas. He is still dangerous even when tired(Sanchez and Mutpopic fights) but I would not say he has good cardio, as he becomes quite slow and easier to hit compared to his usual self. Moving up to 205lb from middleweight might give him an extra boost in this department but that remains to be seen. Bottom line I'm leaning towards Smith being pretty tired if this makes it past the 3rd

David Zawada will replace Alan Jouban.

If I am not mistaken he is the third fighter after Blachowicz and Kowalkiewicz that directly moves from KSW to the UFC(Oleynik and Gustaffson had only a short period at KSW).

But to be honest I don't think he will be that succesfull, in his last fight he got his ass whopped by a "low-tier" polish fighter in Michalski , he also spit his mouthguard a few times out. But he showed heart and somehow managed to get his opponents back in the 3. round and won.

But anyway should be a fun addition to the UFC.

Btw. how the f*ck are Azaitar and Haqparast on the Main-Card ? only becaus they are managed by Ali ?
Haqparast is a typicall can-crusher, 6 of his 8 wins were against guys with a 0-0 record or worse.
And Azaitar is a filthy criminal with a quite boring fight-style and in KSW he got caught by trying to fight with outworn gloves to make more damage.
But somehow he seems to have some rich and "powerful" friends.

And basing on Nasrat's Instagram, he also seems to have some generous "sponsors", for a 22-year old that except one fight, only fought cans on regional german mma-shows.

Smith does not have good cardio IMO, its not terrible but its not a strength of his. He rectified it a little in his last 2 fights(excluding the 1min ko of rashad) by not going as balls out in the 1st round. But he historically fatigues very noticeably around the latter half of the second round, although he does not completely gas. He is still dangerous even when tired(Sanchez and Mutpopic fights) but I would not say he has good cardio, as he becomes quite slow and easier to hit compared to his usual self. Moving up to 205lb from middleweight might give him an extra boost in this department but that remains to be seen. Bottom line I'm leaning towards Smith being pretty tired if this makes it past the 3rd
Smith has good cardio bro. Everyone slows down, but he is often in super high paced fights & he often is the one who is able to take over the fight late.

Smith has good cardio bro. Everyone slows down, but he is often in super high paced fights & he often is the one who is able to take over the fight late.
I mean. He took over fights late against Lombard and Andrew Sanchez. Sanchez has now lost 2 fights straight by gassing out, and Lombard's got a rich and storied tradition of gassing out.

Smith used to have cardio issues but apparently it had to do with a problem in his white blood cells that was fixed a few fights ago.

Took Anderson @ +175 for .75u. Haven't capped the fight but the line was dropping so I figured I would get some while it's at a good price.

Man this card stinks

Might degen play shogun ko prop.

Took the guy whos fighting Roberts at +335

Roberts shouldn’t be -400 agaisnt just about anybody

I have little interest in backing any of the other lines. I’m not paying over -230 for Glover. He’ll probably beat Anderson but who feels like laying that much juice?

And why would you bet much of anything on Anderson? He’s got a bad chin fighting somebody with ko power.

Bunch of low value lines so far

Missed Haqparast opener but took a unit at 2.85. I have not watched tape, but Diakiese’s confidense was gone against Hooker and Haqparast seems athletic enough to challenge him.

Edit. Now 2u at 3.2.

Last edited:
Anybody know anything about Diakiese’s opponent? I’m not familiar. Is this a bounce back squash match?

Missed Haqparast opener but took a unit at 2.85. I have not watched tape, but Diakiese’s confidense was gone against Hooker and Haqparast seem athletic enough to challenge him.

Edit. Now 2u at 3.2.

which book?

Damn, I started betting early odds and that rarely ends well. Took Khalid Taha at 3.05. How much potential do you folks see in Nad Narimani? He’s been training at TAM for some time now and I suppose that’s a good camp for gritty bully like him to sharpen up. Khalid Taha should be much faster and much more dangerous striker though, right?

Back