Rust players sign in

JoeyJoeJoeJr

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Rust is a gathering survival game and its ruthless. You start with a rock and work your way up to building houses, crafting tools, mining supplies etc.

Every person you see will try and kill you. If you die they can steal anything you have on you.

Its like Ark Survival but better imo.

I am a big online rpg fan but this game style is arguably better, its addictive.

Rust might be the best game of all time, but the players ruin it.

Little boys running around screeching the n-word can only appeal to so many people.

Rust might be the best game of all time, but the players ruin it.

Little boys running around screeching the n-word can only appeal to so many people.

I was surprised how good it is. I refunded Ark since it felt inferior and cost more.

The community is super toxic and racist but that's online gaming for you

If theres enough people maybe we can start a sherdog rust team

Is there a single player mode for this? I love 7 Days to Die and this sounds similar. I've done 7DTD to death though, and I'm a social degenerate who plays by himself

Is there a single player mode for this? I love 7 Days to Die and this sounds similar. I've done 7DTD to death though, and I'm a social degenerate who plays by himself

Well I think what makes Rust special compared to those other games is that it is a purely online experience.

I mean you could join an empty server or run your own, but the real core of the game is pvp and raiding. If you don't like to do that Rust isn't for you.

It's an online lord of the flies type experience plus swastikas.

It's nothing like 7 days to die. What little pve element there is, is shallow as hell. It's a pvp game, and unless you're part of a big clan you'll spend most of your time running around naked.

It's nothing like 7 days to die. What little pve element there is, is shallow as hell. It's a pvp game, and unless you're part of a big clan you'll spend most of your time running around naked.

Not true. I played mostly solo and you can do well if you know how to build. I also wouldnt say theres no pve element, you can spend days just building bases and building weapons etc

Its better to form a group, but if you play solo you better be smart, or youll be dying every 3-5 minutes.

Ive learned every lesson the hard way. You will become as paranoid as a wild animal in no time, looking everytime you hear some leaves rustling

Not true. I played mostly solo and you can do well if you know how to build. I also wouldnt say theres no pve element, you can spend days just building bases and building weapons etc

Its better to form a group, but if you play solo you better be smart, or youll be dying every 3-5 minutes.

Ive learned every lesson the hard way. You will become as paranoid as a wild animal in no time, looking everytime you hear some leaves rustling

On a busy server it doesn't matter where you build, a clan (by which I mean 5+) will not be far away, and one of the mega clans will have strong map presence. A solo base won't last long.

If you're on one of the quiet servers then it's not as bad, but then what's the point of playing rust on a quiet server? Other than to learn the mechanics.

On a busy server it doesn't matter where you build, a clan (by which I mean 5+) will not be far away, and one of the mega clans will have strong map presence. A solo base won't last long.

If you're on one of the quiet servers then it's not as bad, but then what's the point of playing rust on a quiet server? Other than to learn the mechanics.

My server has 200 people and lately has had a waiting time. I still managed

My server has 200 people and lately has had a waiting time. I still managed

Was it one of the noob friendly servers, or one of the gimmicky ones like "No offline raiding" or "2 player max"? I usually played on the 300 player servers, and even when they averaged >150 players, bases were getting rinsed after no more than 3 days. Only ones that weren't were the clans that had 30+ players and had groups on 24 hours a day.

Was it one of the noob friendly servers, or one of the gimmicky ones like "No offline raiding" or "2 player max"? I usually played on the 300 player servers, and even when they averaged >150 players, bases were getting rinsed after no more than 3 days. Only ones that weren't were the clans that had 30+ players and had groups on 24 hours a day.

Wait it was a 250 person server. Its an official server, lots of good players. Its called facepunch.

Getting raided is part of it. Learn to make an amazing base and you might stop people from trying

Actually one method we did have a degree of success with, was building bases that already look as though they've been raided, with a decoy base nearby that is used for crafting. People generally left them alone.

Actually one method we did have a degree of success with, was building bases that already look as though they've been raided, with a decoy base nearby that is used for crafting. People generally left them alone.

The best way Ive survived is building fences around my house, multiple gun turrets, traps, false doors etc. Make it as hard as possible to break in, they will go for someone easier

The best way Ive survived is building fences around my house, multiple gun turrets, traps, false doors etc. Make it as hard as possible to break in, they will go for someone easier

Oh we always had groups 10 strong+ with seemingly endless supplies of explosives raid us, and they'd build little bases 30 seconds out so when you killed one they'd just spawn in gear up and roll out.

The one time we got the better of them was we let them get half way in then just followed in after them rebuilding doors etc and trapped them inside. But yeh, there was no stopping these mega clans when they wanted in your base.

Oh we always had groups 10 strong+ with seemingly endless supplies of explosives raid us, and they'd build little bases 30 seconds out so when you killed one they'd just spawn in gear up and roll out.

The one time we got the better of them was we let them get half way in then just followed in after them rebuilding doors etc and trapped them inside. But yeh, there was no stopping these mega clans when they wanted in your base.

Yeah, I honestly have no idea what server he's playing on, but any server with clans or groups of hardcore tweakers will find their way up your ass eventually.
Rust is fun if you find a good server with a decent community (good luck with that). Unfortunately, it's the most toxic game on the interwebs.
Raid or get raided, that's basically all the game right there. Don't recommend it unless you play on a solo server or have a group of friends to help build and farm.

I am getting back into it. Haven’t played since beta. I’ve been noticing I’ve been having frame rate issues where before this was not a problem.

What servers are you guys on? I’ve been on the rust reddit server vanilla and rustafield(sp)

Hit me up if you want to group up

got over 1k hours on rust, good game, some of the updates are bad, but other than that enjoy it message me to add me

Do I, as a random white dude...still have to play as the naked black lady that the game froced me to be?

I'm as liberal as they come, but that just ruins it for me. It's like...if the character is supposed to be a black lady, I can live with that easily. If its open world, no real story, and it just randomly selects me as some race and gender, that's annoying and ruins it for me. Let me be me lol

Im playing on facepunch 1 official server

Im Solo but made friends with two teams beside me. Im a little worried they might raid me today while im working though.

Its pretty much impossible to survive alone but im one of the strongest solo players on the server.

Friday night 4 guys came to my house and raided through my house and I came back during it. I gave them sulfur in exchange to leave me alone and they did.

Sunday a korean team built a house beside me and I had to take out their toolcrib before they finished. Pretty sure theyre going to come after me and theres like at least 10 of them.

I dont expect to have a house much longer

Back