NiOh DLC

Be careful on working on any builds you see on YouTube or any other page that the build is viable on the most current update. They balanced a lot of the uber builds going into the last update, and while still putting out descent damage, no where near what some of these guys were pulling off.
Yeah I know. I am doing the cheeseball susano kusarigama living weapon build right now. I have a lvl 320 +91 yasha's. Even though lower base damage than a shiranui I hate the wasted slot on fire. My strong attack is doing about 400k between both hits. I'm on floor 548 right now so going to switch up build floor 600. The futsu grace with the paralyze helm iai was pretty fun. Just took to long to get the paralyze sometimes.

Those builds I posted are 1.21. The spear is just a lot of prep and strictly seems like an abyss boss build. The susano/ kigetsu/tate setup at least is viable out of living weapon. The dual sword one looks too fun though. Cant get my spirit over 100 so cant utilize the peacock buff before kato though.

On a side note I have been looking at next game to play I saw you started the Monster Hunter thread. It has been between that and Horizon Zero Dawn. Which one would you recommend?

Last edited:
Yeah I know. I am doing the cheeseball susano kusarigama living weapon build right now. I have a lvl 320 +91 yasha's. Even though lower base damage than a shiranui I hate the wasted slot on fire. My strong attack is doing about 400k between both hits. I'm on floor 548 right now so going to switch up build floor 600. The futsu grace with the paralyze helm iai was pretty fun. Just took to long to get the paralyze sometimes.

Those builds I posted are 1.21. The spear is just a lot of prep and strictly seems like an abyss boss build. The susano/ kigetsu/tate setup at least is viable out of living weapon. The dual sword one looks too fun though. Cant get my spirit over 100 so cant utilize the peacock buff before kato though.

On a side note I have been looking at next game to play I saw you started the Monster Hunter thread. It has been between that and Horizon Zero Dawn. Which one would you recommend?

They play super different but I loved them both. if you really enjoy the loot aspect of Nioh and working on different builds, Monster Hunter will scratch that itch. Horizon is an open world action game with RPG elements. There is some weapon/armor variety but nowhere near as much as Nioh and absolutely dwarfed by MH. Horizon had a great story though. it's one of the only open world games I've played where I was hooked on the story and skipped a bunch of the side quests.

They play super different but I loved them both. if you really enjoy the loot aspect of Nioh and working on different builds, Monster Hunter will scratch that itch. Horizon is an open world action game with RPG elements. There is some weapon/armor variety but nowhere near as much as Nioh and absolutely dwarfed by MH. Horizon had a great story though. it's one of the only open world games I've played where I was hooked on the story and skipped a bunch of the side quests.
I'll probably pick up Horizon first then. It will be nice to play a game with a good story and switch it up. Last game I played with a good story was Witcher 3 haha. Soulsborne/Nioh had cool stories but didn't really care about it. Just gameplay and builds really. Both Monster Hunter and Horizon's worlds look so immersive really blows my mind. Definitely going to play both of them. Thanks for the info.

So I just beat the game and holy fuck those side missions where you have to fight like two samurais that you dueled in the past... Fuck me to tears. Some of those guys took me multiple tries and now theyre on the same team.

tenor.gif

So I just beat the game and holy fuck those side missions where you have to fight like two samurais that you dueled in the past... Fuck me to tears. Some of those guys took me multiple tries and now theyre on the same team.

tenor.gif

Learn to parry. I changed my whole build over from the Kursigama to Katana, since the Krusigama doesn't have the ability to parry.

Learn to parry. I changed my whole build over from the Kursigama to Katana, since the Krusigama doesn't have the ability to parry.

Man, I'm really digging the Krusigama though. I think I'm going to try and beat it using it along with buffs etc. That parry makes it look super easy.

Man, I'm really digging the Krusigama though. I think I'm going to try and beat it using it along with buffs etc. That parry makes it look super easy.

The key word there was "look" super easy. Even after I changed my build out, I suck so hard at parries that the twin masters still roflstomp me. I always launch the parry to early and end up eating pavement. But if you can get good at the parry system, some of the difficult content turns into a cake walk. It's also nice for crowd control since you're invincible during the animations and can thin a large crowd without worry of flanking attacks.

The key word there was "look" super easy. Even after I changed my build out, I suck so hard at parries that the twin masters still roflstomp me. I always launch the parry to early and end up eating pavement. But if you can get good at the parry system, some of the difficult content turns into a cake walk. It's also nice for crowd control since you're invincible during the animations and can thin a large crowd without worry of flanking attacks.

I'm decent at parries in Dark Souls but this game is nothing like DS. I'm sure its difficult. I didn't mean it as they are easy because I remember I had a hell of a time learning to parry in DS before I got it down.

Katana is really fun. The amount of damage you can pull off with iai quickdraw is insane.

Man, I was really hyped for the Tonfas but they feel clunky. What's the best stance for them?

Man, I was really hyped for the Tonfas but they feel clunky. What's the best stance for them?
They're actually all pretty viable. The strong attack for low and high stance are particularly useful, as is having the ability to stagger. You can literally bully some enemies and bosses once you learn to chain together combos.

The real fun with Tonfas are the skills though. Wild Lions, Demon Dance and Pulverize were my favourites. Even the Grapple is more satisfying with Tonfas than other weapons.

i heard pvp is pretty much dead in this game. is that true?

i heard pvp is pretty much dead in this game. is that true?
Wouldn't surprise me. I hated the pvp. People were just spamming ninja shurikens and stunlocking you to death. Such a letdown.

They're actually all pretty viable. The strong attack for low and high stance are particularly useful, as is having the ability to stagger. You can literally bully some enemies and bosses once you learn to chain together combos.

The real fun with Tonfas are the skills though. Wild Lions, Demon Dance and Pulverize were my favourites. Even the Grapple is more satisfying with Tonfas than other weapons.
Thinking of messing around with tonfas soon. Is there a burst build with them by chance? Just doing abyss now. Haven't had much luck finding any with tonfa gun on them besides sarutobis but the set bonus seems pretty lackluster.

Thinking of messing around with tonfas soon. Is there a burst build with them by chance? Just doing abyss now. Haven't had much luck finding any with tonfa gun on them besides sarutobis but the set bonus seems pretty lackluster.

I'm actually starting to dig em now. They're weird at first but a lot of fun once you get the hang of their combos. I might use one of my books of reincarnation because my two main stats are

66 Dex
&
55 skill.

I wanna put more into my Dex but idk. All my other stats are pretty meh.

Tonfas also have a skill that you can level which is the lighter your weight the harder you hit. I wanna get that maxed. I was gonna use heavy armor but I got used to using light armor just like I did in DS.

Tonfas also have a skill that you can level which is the lighter your weight the harder you hit. I wanna get that maxed. I was gonna use heavy armor but I got used to using light armor just like I did in DS.
Yeah they are pretty fun. If you find a pair that have a purple special effect tonfa gun keep them. I know it is always on sarutobi's but you may get lucky and find a solid pair with the effect. I am not exactly sure how it works but on some skills at the end of the combo you use the skill for an extra burst of damage. I need to figure out a good combo of set bonuses.

Yeah they are pretty fun. If you find a pair that have a purple special effect tonfa gun keep them. I know it is always on sarutobi's but you may get lucky and find a solid pair with the effect. I am not exactly sure how it works but on some skills at the end of the combo you use the skill for an extra burst of damage. I need to figure out a good combo of set bonuses.

Where do you look to see what set bonuses do?

Back