Grizzly Bears live catching Salmon.

A can of shitty farmed-raised salmon literally fed with chicken SHIT costs an arm at the grocery store. But bears get organic-grade fresh salmons by the bucket? Bullshit. Fuck the bears, I want those salmons.

Anyone know why they only eat the skin and leave the rest?

Usually they strip the meat and skin away from the bones leaving what looks like a flayed salmon. When hiking up and down streams you see the carcasses all over. It's amazing how much they can strip away from the bones but there's always enough left to make it look from a distance they only took the skin. The prize is the eggs and guts.

Wife and I are baked and playing this on the TV atm lol.

Already bin a few bear attacks in alaska this year. One fatal.

https://www.adn.com/tag/bear-attacks/

Bear Attacks

‘Trail has gone cold’: Bear traps no longer set in wake of Eagle River maulings
Wildlife biologists are no longer actively trying to trap a bear thought to have mauled two men in the South Fork Eagle River Valley.

Matt Tunseth, Alaska Star 1 day ago

Grizzly mauls rafter making camp along Copper River
Two people were on a raft trip from McCarthy to Cordova when they stopped for the night and surprised a grizzly sow and at least one cub.

Michelle Theriault Boots

June 26

‘This isn’t how I’m dying’: Teenager recounts bear attack in Naknek
Since a young fisherman was attacked, bears have been the talk of Naknek boatyards.

Mitch Borden, KDLG June 23

Authorities confirm Eagle River man was killed by brown bear as search continues
A brown bear was seen on a game camera overnight Thursday off Hiland Road but wasn't caught in a Fish and Game trap.

Matt Tunseth, Alaska Star June 21

Man killed, member of search party injured in Eagle River bear attacks
Michael Soltis’ death is the second fatal bear attack in the Anchorage municipality in two summers.

Michelle Theriault Boots, ADN - Matt Tunseth, Alaska Star June 20

The killing of an Eagle River hiker marks the 6th fatal bear attack in Alaska in the past 10 years. Here are the others.
Alaska went seven years without a fatal bear attack, between 2005 and 2012. The body discovered Wednesday would make three deaths in two years.

Anchorage Daily News June 20

A brown bear killed a hiker in Eagle River. A man searching for him was mauled.
Michael Soltis’ body was found in the same area -- near where Hiland Road ends -- that a brown bear attacked a member of a search party looking for Soltis on Wednesday morning. The bear had not been located as of Wednesday afternoon.

Matt Tunseth, Alaska Star - Michelle Theriault Boots, ADN June 20

Family and friends searched overnight for Eagle River hiker
Michael Soltis, 44, was last seen about 5 p.m. Monday near Mile 8 of Hiland Road. Family members and friends searched overnight.

Zaz Hollander

, Loren Holmes

June 20

Afraid of bears? There are far more dangerous things in the Alaska outdoors
In before some dweeb without a life, and 40,000 posts, believes it matters when you know the difference but don't give a rip because it's SD.
*been

Last edited:
place is hopping right now, fish are jumping out of the water.

Taking note of how massive the bears posted in this thread are, imagine how fucking crazy it would have been to have seen a short-faced bear. They died out just 11,000 yrs ago. I can barely comprehend the thought of seeing one of these walking outside my house.

SHORT-FACED-BEAR1.jpg

Me%2Band%2Bshort-faced%2Bbear%2BArctodus%2Bsimus%2C%2Blife-sized%2Bmodel%2C%2BDr%2BKarl%2BShuker.jpg

Taking note of how massive the bears posted in this thread, imagine how fucking crazy it would have been to see a short-faced Bear. They died out just 11,000 yrs ago. I can barely comprehend the thought of seeing one of these walking outside my house.

SHORT-FACED-BEAR1.jpg

Me%2Band%2Bshort-faced%2Bbear%2BArctodus%2Bsimus%2C%2Blife-sized%2Bmodel%2C%2BDr%2BKarl%2BShuker.jpg

giphy.gif

They do that when food is so plentiful. They only typically eat the most fatty and nutrient rich parts like the skin and bellies. This allows them to build the maximum fat for the winter hibernation period.

Same reason I don't eat the crusts on pizza.

Huge brown bears are like something out of a horror movie. All the screaming and kicking and punching isn't going to stop your dismemberment and even if I gave you a butcher knife you would still lose.

I mean seriously....

38F3080100000578-0-image-a-60_1475243949835.jpg

huge-brown-bear.jpeg

My game pit would put up a good fight.

ever seen that photographer tell the story of a leopard seal trying to feed him penguins? Ever since then, I stopped thinking of them as vicious killers and more like a big eager sea puppy.
she just wanted to fatten him up before she ate him

I saw one kill a deer rather slowly. Complete indifference to its screams.

But bears have emotive and expressive faces, so people like Treadwell (and people in general) anthropomorphize the hell out of them.
I saw a couple of weeks ago on tv how a big brown bear walked slowly towards a huge deer. Then he bit the skull on the deer and killed it instantly. The narrator said that these bears can crush a bowling ball with their jaws.

I saw a couple of weeks ago on tv how a big brown bear walked slowly towards a huge deer. Then he bit the skull on the deer and killed it instantly. The narrator said that these bears can crush a bowling ball with their jaws.

More considerate than the one I saw. It just kind of held the deer down and slowly chewed through the back of its neck while it wailed.

Once i get more experience hunting, I am going after one of those brown grizzliy fuckers. Gonna go with a long spear, katana, and crossbow. Will bring an assauot rifle jist in case as well, bjt id prefer it he a real fair battle where death is reap possibilitu.

Orcas can flip a 2,000lb sea lion in the air with its tail. Sometimes they do it to stun them before devouring and other times just for fun. Was running a vessel at False with a helicopter filming orcas attacking grey whales. We got 6 attacks on film, it's amazing how agile and smart they are.

Don't know who took this but it's some good footage.

Wow...that is an awesome vid. That looked like a cartoon ffs.

LOL, Elephant seal is like fuck yo car, what you gonna do?

Now that you brought up seals have you ever seen a Leopard seal? They get 10-15 feet long and are true carnivorous predators. A large Leopard seal has almost nothing to fear from anything in the ocean. There are few predators that would try to fuck with it.

Check out the mouth on this one when she opens up. This one is 13 feet long.

That’s an amazing anecdote, leopard seal trying to protect and feed the nat geo photographer.

That’s an amazing anecdote, leopard seal trying to protect and feed the nat geo photographer.

The leopard seal in that video is huge. She could take your leg off in a snap. Luckily for that photographer she was in a good mood.

A can of shitty farmed-raised salmon literally fed with chicken SHIT costs an arm at the grocery store. But bears get organic-grade fresh salmons by the bucket? Bullshit. Fuck the bears, I want those salmons.

Back