ONE Championships promoting boxing starting October

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
ONE Championship is moving into the boxing business and the Singapore headquartered promotion has signed up one of the sport’s biggest stars. Srisaket Sor Rungvisai will defend his WBC 115lbs title on a card the promotion is holding in Bangkok on October 6th.

ONE: ‘Kingdom of Heroes’ is set for the Impact Arena. The entire event will take place inside a ring, not a cage, and the main event will feature Srisaket who has not fought in Thailand since becoming a breakout star in the US.

https://www.boxingscene.com/sor-rungvisai-defends-on-one-championship-card-october-6--129803

ONe needs to figure what direction they wanna go, and stick with it.

A least in boxing the sanctioning bodies will force their champs to face ranked mandatories. Otherwise I fear the champs they sign would have local cabbies as challengers.

On one hand I like it.
Afterall....Why the fuck not? They want to be the leader in martial arts, and that includes boxing. It could draw boxing heads into watching MMA and Muay Thai which is always a good thing.

Also this would never ever happen in America, so I'm kind of glad someone has done it.

One the other hand ONE is low-key turning into Thai Fight aka Thai propaganda show... Have any Thais even fought each other in ONE yet?

Chatri looking more Thai than ever right now.

I trust One FC to make this good.

they have been putting really good fight with their kickboxing and mma, i think they will do well with this one as well.

Srikaset is a good sign, South east asia has tons of good boxer.

ONE Championship is moving into the boxing business and the Singapore headquartered promotion has signed up one of the sport’s biggest stars. Srisaket Sor Rungvisai will defend his WBC 115lbs title on a card the promotion is holding in Bangkok on October 6th.

ONE: ‘Kingdom of Heroes’ is set for the Impact Arena. The entire event will take place inside a ring, not a cage, and the main event will feature Srisaket who has not fought in Thailand since becoming a breakout star in the US.

https://www.boxingscene.com/sor-rungvisai-defends-on-one-championship-card-october-6--129803

Srisaket Sor Rungvisai = Wisaksil Wangek??

upload_2018-7-11_9-44-45.png

WTF! It's an mma promotion, then comes a grappling fight, then a kick boxing fight, after that lethwei whatever you call it.

Then here comes boxing, what's next?

One Super Series Pro Wrestling anyone?

Please do not mix it with MMA.... i can afford 1 or 2 of those super series fights between a MMA card but not boxing....

ONe needs to figure what direction they wanna go, and stick with it.

What if the direction is everywhere? I enjoy the mixed shows, it makes the whole event more interesting to watch because it's a showcase of my favorite sports rather than just one. The events they have put on for Kickboxing were high quality and had matchups I have been wanting to see, I would love to see what they can do with Boxing. Plus, they know they're not the premiere MMA organization, so why not experiment and see if the public has an interest in sports they may not pay much attention to?

On one hand I like it.
Afterall....Why the fuck not? They want to be the leader in martial arts, and that includes boxing. It could draw boxing heads into watching MMA and Muay Thai which is always a good thing.

Also this would never ever happen in America, so I'm kind of glad someone has done it.

One the other hand ONE is low-key turning into Thai Fight aka Thai propaganda show... Have any Thais even fought each other in ONE yet?

Chatri looking more Thai than ever right now.

I don't think it is turning into Thai Fight. Thai Fight is notorious for just throwing cans at their Thai fighters, but ONE is actually giving them good foreign competition. Jo Nattawut fought Petrosyan, Nong-O fought Pinca, Lerdsila fought Sok Thy and so on. I don't see too much of a point in having Thais fight each other on an international promotion. No one knows who they are, so they have to beat foreigners to get their names out and if they wanted to fight other high level Thais, they could just go fight at a stadium.

This is gonna end up like Thailand vs Philippines with the occasional eastern euro thrown in the mix.

It’s crazy how a mma organization is having a boxing with for a real world title. Never thought that this would happen. I always wanted to see rizin do boxing fights. Imagine boxers like naoya inoue in rizin. Now that shit is fuckin tight. I guess one fc best rizin to it. I wonder who the hell they would give rungvisai .

What if the direction is everywhere? I enjoy the mixed shows, it makes the whole event more interesting to watch because it's a showcase of my favorite sports rather than just one. The events they have put on for Kickboxing were high quality and had matchups I have been wanting to see, I would love to see what they can do with Boxing. Plus, they know they're not the premiere MMA organization, so why not experiment and see if the public has an interest in sports they may not pay much attention to?
They’re diluting the product.

Yes. And boxing is not the right direction.
Why not? SSR is hugely popular there and will probably grow the brand. He's a top 10 p4p talent in boxing, if not currently top 5. Does ONE have any MMA fighters that are in the top 10 p4p?

BTW, this is also a good indication of ONE salaries.
The guy got 170K for his last boxing match on HBO.

No, it's not. He's fighting a can this fight and by his own admission.

He's been going through emotional issues after his girl was caught getting a train ran on her, after they broke up recently for vague reasons (like anyone's still wondering). He called off a schedule Superfly 3 rematch with Estrada, and said he wants to have an easy fight at home in Thailand instead. Then will comeback next year.

It’s crazy how a mma organization is having a boxing with for a real world title. Never thought that this would happen. I always wanted to see rizin do boxing fights. Imagine boxers like naoya inoue in rizin. Now that shit is fuckin tight. I guess one fc best rizin to it. I wonder who the hell they would give rungvisai .

RIZIN cannot legally ever holding boxing, no MMA or kickboxing promotion in Japan can. Boxing is a sanctioned sport and the JBC are extremely serious about their rules. Any fuckery and the JBC will suspend your license for years. Your whole gym could get suspended too.

Back