Please explain the rule on steroid accusations

TITS

Gold Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
It seems like every thread that I read now has multiple posters referring to fighters (who have never been busted for juicing) as "post-USADA" or making some accusation that their fighting career went downhill after USADA started drug testing the UFC. Isn't this a violation of the fighter bashing rule?

No Fighter Bashing - Criticism is fine, but flaming is not. Please note that an unsubstantiated accusation of steroids and PEDs is fighter bashing. In regards to female fighters, posting inappropriate, sexual or graphic comments is considered trolling and fighter Bashing. This applies to their relatives and loved ones as well.

With that said, wouldn't these post-USADA comments be considered "an unsubstantiated accusation of steroids and PEDs" no matter how subtle and indirect the post is framed?

When I first signed up to Sherdog back in 2014 the mods actually enforced these rules

Now its like they flip a coin

It seems like every thread that I read now has multiple posters referring to fighters (who have never been busted for juicing) as "post-USADA" or making some accusation that their fighting career went downhill after USADA started drug testing the UFC. Isn't this a violation of the fighter bashing rule?
With that said, wouldn't these post-USADA comments be considered "an unsubstantiated accusation of steroids and PEDs" no matter how subtle and indirect the post is framed?

It got more lenient and now would be too hard to control as every other post is breaking a rule.I would have liked to see this rule and fighter bashing in general be taken seriously but I think it's passed the point of no return but at the same time I don't really pay attention to people getting dubs/banned/posts deleted etc. so maybe they are still doing stuff but just can't cover all that crap.I came to this support forum just to see if there was anything about this as it's really absurd but I guess it is what it is now.

Tbh, there would be a great purge in the heavies if this was enforced. It's now become apart of MMA's landscape in terms of conversations because some fighters have looked lack lustrous since USADA. So people are drawing conclusions. Personally I think its unfair to start going in on someone when they have never been popped so I'm with you TS.

BITD, when the PED accusation stuff was enforced, it was simply retarded beyond words.

We all had to pretend there was no juicing in MMA, except for the tiny handful of people who'd been caught at that point.
So everyone had to listen to asshats insist Ubereem was all natural and keep their mouths shut about obvious biological impossibility or risk getting booted.
It was complete Orwellian bullshit.

Now that so many more have been busted and so many people involved have spoken out about prevalent it is was/is, you really can't ask people to keep burying their heads that far in the sand anymore. And why would you want to ? Living in reality and being able to speak about what any mature person can see is much better.

Posting accusations or assuming a fighter is on PED's without evidence is still against the rules.

However, unlike in the past, this isn't typically enforced with the same harshness. Usually it will just be deleted instead of a user being issued cards. Unless, it's something that is continuously done by the same user, even after multiple warnings and deletions.

Tbh, there would be a great purge in the heavies if this was enforced. It's now become apart of MMA's landscape in terms of conversations because some fighters have looked lack lustrous since USADA. So people are drawing conclusions. Personally I think its unfair to start going in on someone when they have never been popped so I'm with you TS.

I dont know why you want more rules enforced..back in the day if you talked shit about wandy or rua (you just had to post you didnt care for them) or called fighters cans you got instant dubz. Mods are fairly relaxed by those standards and its become more fun to post without fear of someones ego feeling like giving you dubz. Modding has gotten way better but lets be honest and recognize where youre talking about too..the heavies has always been a cesspool of sherdogs worst posters with some good ones sprinkled in.

Back