Donald Pump's "Let's Make F13 Great Again" Pub

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm about to drop $7k on a new furnace and AC. A roaster sounds more fun. Though when the humidex hits 40 on the weekend I'll be happy to have AC again.

Ironically I'm headed to a cottage for the week on Sunday where there will be no AC so I guess the past 4 days with no AC has been training for a week with no AC. I'll have to made due with cold beer and sitting at the water's edge :)

I'll have to made due with cold beer and sitting at the water's edge :)

I'm sure you can make that work

Well, it's another Friday, another trip home on another delayed train from London, what's everyone's weekend plans?

I'm planning to go to the supermarket when I finally get home, and stock up on some beef, might try and get some episodes of Mad Men in too (only on second series). Tomorrow is going to be mainly taken up with a kids judo thing and then Sunday I'm taking the boys to see Skyscraper at the cinema. Hopefully get some benching in too.

I'm sure you can make that work

Well, it's another Friday, another trip home on another delayed train from London, what's everyone's weekend plans?

I'm planning to go to the supermarket when I finally get home, and stock up on some beef, might try and get some episodes of Mad Men in too (only on second series). Tomorrow is going to be mainly taken up with a kids judo thing and then Sunday I'm taking the boys to see Skyscraper at the cinema. Hopefully get some benching in too.

Hill Sprints tomorrow; Edinburgh will be in lock-down mode because thousands of idiots are holding a protest march against the God-Emperor. In spite of the fact that he won't be within 90 miles of the city. So the gym will have to wait until Sunday.

Last weekend of the holidays. Back to work on Monday. Fuck...:(

Yep, you really, really want to get Lebanon on your list- it is up there on my top three countries to visit, along with Colombia and Thailand. I think I have been there 6-7 times now. First two times were for work, second time I took a long weekend with a friend, and I guess I have been back 4-5 times since. It's only a hour flight from where I am, but my friend from the UK has been over 4 times and he has to do a 3 hour drive and a 4.5 hour flight, so it seems to have pull even if you are not close.

It has so much to see and do: amazing parties, beach, history and ruins, trekking, diving, skiiing, great wine, great food (French influence), incredibly hot women. And it's still not that popular in the scheme of things. It's also a tiny country so you can get from one place to the next really easily.

Well, I'll be staying in Bogotá for the next months, anything you'd have me checkout?

Weekend plans: Going-away party tonight, barbecueing and proof-read two papers for friends tomorrow.

I did a mud run today. Going to the gym later. Probably get a hair cut tomorrow. Having weekends off is nice.

I did a mud run today. Going to the gym later. Probably get a hair cut tomorrow. Having weekends off is nice.

How did the run go? What kind of cut do you get? Why so many questions?

Worked overtime most of the weekend. The in-laws are in town, so I got some drinking in. Bbq later today. I did 1 ab wheel rollout yesterday and I am so sore today. Gotta work on that.

Weekend was pretty sweet.
Wife took the kids to see friends so I was bacheloring it. on Saturday a buddy and I spent way too much time and money in a record store, went to some fights, drank whiskey and ate like champs. Sunday I woke up after 7am, got a haircut, went to a record store again, found and bought an original pressing of Jimi Hendrix's Cry of Love album for 2$ in great shape, made an Anthony Bourdain bar nut recipe, drank beer, swam, listened to fucking awesome music really loudly, barbecued scallop and veg on skewers, ate like barbarians again, drank some more and went to bed by 9pm!

I'd call that a success!

How did the run go? What kind of cut do you get? Why so many questions?

Run itself was fine. Got a pretty bad sinus infection, though. Whole left side of my face is under pressure. Didn’t get that haircut, in bed all day yesterday. Usually get a high&tight.

Great job on the run.
Thanks. I did the first wave, there were several injuries, the worst of which was a broken ankle. My friend cut his finger so we went to first aid after we finished to have it washed out, you never know what bacteria is growing in that mud. The guy with the broken ankle was being loaded into an ambulance, overheard the EMS say “I’ve never seen a break so bad.” Yikes.

Sinus infection seems to be clearing, finally. It was a rough few days. All the meds I’ve taken is doing a serious number on my stomach, though. From one ditch to the other. Last night was the first time I slept through the night without having to get up to use a netti pot to drain my nasal passage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back