UMA FIGHT GEAR

Hi Shincheckin,

Thank you for posting.

We think you answered your question itself. If UMA products have repute of being HIGH QUALITY, That means there must be somthing that makes it so.

Obviously we also use leather/foams and other raw material same as other manufacturers in our market. But if UMA gear are high quality that means we must be using better quality stuff to make our products.

You cant create a good quality gear out of low quality raw material. You will need quality raw material for that.

What makes raw material good. Definitely its quality(everyone might not be able to understand what exactly does good quality mean when it comes to Leather or foams, thats something very technical).

But yes we pay quite extra to get good quality raw material. We use very specific things for each gear (for example: you cant use same leather for a Thai pad and a glove) leather should be as per requirements of a gear.

When it comes to foams, there are lots n lots of different types of foams available but you cant use same sort of foam for every gear.

What makes our gear different, We have invested time and money to perfect our patterns, what raw material to be used for different gear, we apply different techniques to make different gear. Alot of sherdog members have helped us in the process and we take each and every comment/suggestion of them very seriously.

For instance, if a pattern is not perfect, like if thumb position of a glove is not good. Do you think that will be comfortable to wear? We have invested time on these technical issues. we have tried to make our patterns and techniques perfect so final products should be comfortable and serves its job nicely.

We hope above explanation makes sense to you and its satisfactory as well. But If you still have any questions, you are more then welcome to ask.

Best.

Could you elaborate on what makes your products better?

Usually when this type of question is asked, the answer is something along the lines of: we use better quality materials, which is pretty much just another way of saying, because we say so.

so because you say so, got it.

so because you say so, got it.
Tbh, quality is sort of an opinion. A high quality product is one that is able to meet the expectations that the consumer has of it. So it’s probably best to judge quality of the products based upon customer experiences rather than asking UMA

Tbh, quality is sort of an opinion. A high quality product is one that is able to meet the expectations that the consumer has of it. So it’s probably best to judge quality of the products based upon customer experiences rather than asking UMA

The point Im trying to make is that everyone claims their product is the "best" or better than the next guys. When you ask them why, they always reply with because we use better quality materials, which is just another way of saying because we say so.

Why are your materials "better"? Because you said so, got it. In my previous post questioning them about their products, I specifically requested them not to use the "because we say so statement" which is exactly what they did despite me specifically asking not to.

When someone is selling equipment, sorry but im not going to take their word for it that their stuff is better just because they say so, specifically when they cant answer why their stuff is better and just give you the "we use better quality materials" aka because we said so reply.

i agree with your statement about quality in the eye of the consumer, but every consumer out there can tell the quality from a top pair of grants or topking vs some cheapy walmart everlast gloves. Why are topkings better than everlasts? because they use better quality materials. What makes those materials better quality? because we say so.

I was really hoping they would actually answer my question of what makes their materials better quality such as, well we use grade A 5mm cow leather for the gloves, 1cm latex padding, followed by 1 cm of foam padding, and extreme grip Velcro for the wrist, followed by heavy duty nylon cord stitching. This is what I was looking for not "because we say so"

Last edited:
The point Im trying to make is that everyone claims their product is the "best" or better than the next guys. When you ask them why, they always reply with because we use better quality materials, which is just another way of saying because we say so.

Why are your materials "better"? Because you said so, got it. In my previous post questioning them about their products, I specifically requested them not to use the "because we say so statement" which is exactly what they did despite me specifically asking not to.

When someone is selling equipment, sorry but im not going to take their word for it that their stuff is better just because they say so, specifically when they cant answer why their stuff is better and just give you the "we use better quality materials" aka because we said so reply.

i agree with your statement about quality in the eye of the consumer, but every consumer out there can tell the quality from a top pair of grants or topking vs some cheapy walmart everlast gloves. Why are topkings better than everlasts? because they use better quality materials. What makes those materials better quality? because we say so.

I was really hoping they would actually answer my question of what makes their materials better quality such as, well we use grade A 5mm cow leather for the gloves, 1cm latex padding, followed by 1 cm of foam padding, and extreme grip Velcro for the wrist, followed by heavy duty nylon cord stitching. This is what I was looking for not "because we say so"
Yeah I understand your point. Quality just seems to be a marketing tool to try and get people to buy your products over your competition. I also think you made it quite clear as to what you were expecting from their response after looking at your question. Probably should’ve done that before my response lol.

Yeah I understand your point. Quality just seems to be a marketing tool to try and get people to buy your products over your competition. I also think you made it quite clear as to what you were expecting from their response after looking at your question. Probably should’ve done that before my response lol.

no worries dude, yeah I mean someone definitely can use "better quality materials" but they need to be able to back that claim up by providing why their materials are better quality, im not going to just take their word for it. But if they cant answer this question what does that say? This question tends to be avoided, most likely because their "better" quality materials, are exactly the same as the next top brand.

Last edited:
I recently ordered a headguard from there, took roughly two weeks to arrive

As in he's an account to drum up interest again?
I think so. Just seems weird that is the only post in a thread mostly posted in by the creators.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back