A Little Bit Of Lethwei

There's a guy who's added and edited a bunch of Lethwei content on wikipedia. Says he's just a fan anyway, who knows. Bunch of stuff not really wiki notable but it's random what gets deleted and what doesn't.

I never knew Leduc fought Cyrus. Just watched it, fun fight.

PTT vs TUNG NAING OO at thai fight Songkhla this saturday

CHANAJON vs PITE Htwe

Somebody have information about this burmese fighter ?

Not from what i hear..Dave is not smart at all. He has guys running multiple facebook pages and other things. He has guys also re-writing the Lethwei wiki pages and constantly throwing all this nonsense in. He is generally making a mess..but to each his own opinion...he's definitely not doing the sport of Lethwei any favors

Last edited:
Remember a year or so ago when Iquezang was going to go into Lethwei but then the fight got cancelled? Well, earlier this year he did:

Last edited:
Iquezang fighting lethwei again against Soe Lin Oo this afternoon in Myanmar. Should be about 6 or 7 hours from now.

They should stop letting KO'd fighters recover and keep fighting, but allow groin shots.

I'm a newbie to Lethwei. The reason I started to follow it is because of Dave Leduc.

Leduc is the most vocal with his PR team, but if you look deeper you will see much more than Lethwei than him. He is a muay thai fighter fighting Lethwei. The fights between Tun Tun Min and Cyrus Washington really grabbed the international audience, dave slid in after that as I felt Tun Tun Min was already fading. Dave won the last fight when Tun Tun Min injured his knee and couldn't continue. Right now, he is trying hard to sell himself all over the place but he is not really a great rep for lethwei but for now it is what it is. He is muay thai guy and most of the opponents he faces outside the main lethwei guys is in muay thai even in the lethwei ring. Dave is a good example of a C Muay Thai competitor being able to make a name for himself in Myanmar against a limited field. He is in a limited lethwei category since they are not developing new up and coming champions but relying on the same favorites and keeping them rolling. Dave waving the Myanmar flag and trying to be Burmese is odd and a juvenile bit of cultural appropriation. He demanded belts for his fights so now you have tons of belts all over the place from different organizations. If he brings in a few people to the art then its definitely good, but hopefully they look deeper than him. There is a lot going on under the surface as you can see.

Last edited:
They should stop letting KO'd fighters recover and keep fighting, but allow groin shots.

The second chance thing is very, very dangerous. Once the guy is knocked out and they drag him to his corner and revive him and send him out is not needed anymore. The groin shots were allowed for a long time but now with Modern Lethwei the rules are more international so the groin shots are out.

And one of the most efficient fights in the world, his competitions only ask for those of the old Vale Tudo

Leduc is a muay thai trained fighter. He has a massive publicity department trying to sell him hard all over the internet. Most of the stuff he says is nonsense and not advancing the sport at all because to everyone outside of Myanmar nobody is buying it.
I agree with you. I am Canadian and no one outside of the fight world knows who he is (despite him desperately trying to get press). He is a mediocre m. thai guy who knew he wasn't goibg to do well, so he picked a smaller, unknown sport where he woukd stand a better chance. He pulled the same stunt when he was tying to be a grappled/mma guy. He was getting mopped up so he became a sambo guy. Trust me..sambo is not big in Canada. Hehe ao a guy like Leduc coukd do well.
He isnt making much money doing these lethwei fights..as there is no money there to make. He is just one of those guys who is content beong a big fish in the smallest of small ponds.

Leduc is the most vocal with his PR team, but if you look deeper you will see much more than Lethwei than him. He is a muay thai fighter fighting Lethwei. The fights between Tun Tun Min and Cyrus Washington really grabbed the international audience, dave slid in after that as I felt Tun Tun Min was already fading. Dave won the last fight when Tun Tun Min injured his knee and couldn't continue. Right now, he is trying hard to sell himself all over the place but he is not really a great rep for lethwei but for now it is what it is. He is muay thai guy and most of the opponents he faces outside the main lethwei guys is in muay thai even in the lethwei ring. Dave is a good example of a C Muay Thai competitor being able to make a name for himself in Myanmar against a limited field. He is in a limited lethwei category since they are not developing new up and coming champions but relying on the same favorites and keeping them rolling. Dave waving the Myanmar flag and trying to be Burmese is odd and a juvenile bit of cultural appropriation. He demanded belts for his fights so now you have tons of belts all over the place from different organizations. If he brings in a few people to the art then its definitely good, but hopefully they look deeper than him. There is a lot going on under the surface as you can see.

wait this Leduc beat Diesellek ???

Leduc is getting a lot of hate ITT.
I don't have an opinion on him but he seems like a pretty smart, cool guy in interviews.

He also seems to be on top of his game (his game being that specific combat sport). I do admit that technique-wise he is no on par with good MT guys, but that is vaid for all of lethwei, right?

Oh and I think he's a scary dude. Like he legit looks like an assassin.

Back