RIZIN.12: August 12th, 2 AM ET/11 PM PT - Live PBP Discussion Thread

Why is this guy called Samurai Mark Hunt?

Because of his 10-10 record?

I don't know. He's got a couple KO's, but doesn't do walk offs.

giphy.gif

Roque will take the fake mark hunt down and submit him

Just a fan I think, and he always fights well above his optimal weight class and trades punches with much larger guys. He's a lot chubbier these days as well.

Some kickboxing I see. Any of these guys interesting?

hm, not really. they're decent, but fights like that happen in gyms in front of 1k people, not on Fuji TV. definitely the least exciting I've been as a kickboxing fan for a RIZIN event.

Takiya Shota fought in Krush and K-1 before, can be exciting but definitely not one of the top fighters. Heres him vs Takeru.

eqraiJk.gif

Last edited:
hm, not really. they're decent, but fights like that happen in gyms in front of 1k people, not on Fuji TV. definitely the least exciting I've been as a kickboxing fan for a RIZIN event.

Takiya Shota fought in Krush and K-1 before, can be exciting but definitely not one of the top fighters. Heres him vs Takeru.

eqraiJk.gif
Maybe it'll at least establish one or two of the entries into Septembers kickboxing GP?

Maybe the matches will establish one or two of the entries into Septembers kickboxing GP?

Shota and Syuto are to light for the 60KG GP. Ryuki fights mostly in China and probably has no big fanbase in Japan, and I never even heard of Naoya. would be lackluster, but at least another body for Tenshin. :p

King Reina won her Shoot Boxing debut last night

Do we know if this event will be available in North America? I noticed it's not on Fite.tv.

Do we know if this event will be available in North America? I noticed it's not on Fite.tv.
Fite.tv has a hard enough time getting the dates of events correct. They were using the Rizin parody account instead of the real one for a while.

Bring Brandao to face Yachi if he is not injured

it looks like they are trying to make Yachi a star, still not sold on him yet, he almost got beat down by a washed up gomi

it looks like they are trying to make Yachi a star, still not sold on him yet, he almost got beat down by a washed up gomi
He went out on NYE and threw hands with Gomi. Its the only way Gomi could win but Yachi went out there for the big drama show.

Watch him sleep Cruickshank and tell me you arent sold b

He went out on NYE and threw hands with Gomi. Its the only way Gomi could win but Yachi went out there for the big drama show.

Watch him sleep Cruickshank and tell me you arent sold b

He also destroyed Kitaoka

Yachi vs Brandao is the fight to make

Back