What BF % you walk around?

frango

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Sherdoggers claim that they lift and train not to look good but to perform good and better. Sherdoggers claim the strenght and conditioning forum is not a place to discuss aestetichs or bro splits that bodybuilders do.

So i came to this forum because we all know...six packs are made in the kitchen.
Well....
What body fat percentage do you walk around? If you are a bjj, boxing, muay thay practioner and if you lift, then well, you must be lean at a certain level. I know there some people here that probably just lift like powerlifters and really dont care about having a huge belly if that means lifting heavier.

What body fat percentage is your "normal" self? Since not everybody competes and or have to cut weight, on your daily routine, what is your bodyfat % and what sports do you practice?

thank you sherdoggers

Sherdoggers claim that they lift and train not to look good but to perform good and better. Sherdoggers claim the strenght and conditioning forum is not a place to discuss aestetichs or bro splits that bodybuilders do.

So i came to this forum because we all know...six packs are made in the kitchen.
Well....
What body fat percentage do you walk around? If you are a bjj, boxing, muay thay practioner and if you lift, then well, you must be lean at a certain level. I know there some people here that probably just lift like powerlifters and really dont care about having a huge belly if that means lifting heavier.

What body fat percentage is your "normal" self? Since not everybody competes and or have to cut weight, on your daily routine, what is your bodyfat % and what sports do you practice?

thank you sherdoggers

@Frode Falch used to be -6% then he got the dad bod virus.........now he's like 33% on the rise....

thumb_igotto-call-you-back-bro-these-girlsare-checking-meouthard-16173445.png

@Frode Falch you're a fighter...when you are just doing your daily routine, and not cutting weight, whats you bf?

@Frode Falch you're a fighter...when you are just doing your daily routine, and not cutting weight, whats you bf?

I have no idea. Because i have never checked it.

But off training camp i dont see my abs unless flex or do a kicking motion.

Ready to get into the ring shape, i see all my abs when i am relaxed.

But what ‰ i dont know.. I guess just below 10. But thats a wild guess.

I tend to stay in shape year round. Its been forever since my last fight. And now i have but any plans on ice.

At 39 almost 40, i have probably had my last fight.

Last edited:
I've been losing a shitload of weight and am currently 189 pounds, and the scale said I'm around 20% body fat.

Don't know how accurate these walmart scales are with body fat percentages and BMI, but I'll go with it.

Believe it or not but 10-11%. Genetics I guess, can't get fat if I even wanted to. Can't gain much muscle either tho.

Believe it or not but 10-11%. Genetics I guess, can't get fat if I even wanted to. Can't gain much muscle either tho.

It's not genetic and if you eat enough you will get fat and if you train the right way and eat enough, you will put on muscle.........

It's not genetic and if you eat enough you will get fat and if you train the right way and eat enough, you will put on muscle.........
I eat 5-6 meals per day, little to no sugar but lots of meat, cheese, legumes and other protein sources. I work out daily.

Not like I'm complaining, I look lean and healthy - which is nice. I'll just never be "buff" unless I start chomping roids like Jon Jones.

I eat 5-6 meals per day, little to no sugar but lots of meat, cheese, legumes and other protein sources. I work out daily.

Not like I'm complaining, I look lean and healthy - which is nice. I'll just never be "buff" unless I start chomping roids like Jon Jones.

Unless you have an issue with your testosterone, you looking "buff" has to do with how you are training and your diet, if you wanted to look "buff" you would need to change your diet and training, not take steroid's, people should only take steroid's when they have reached a natural peak and wish to go further........

I've been losing a shitload of weight and am currently 189 pounds, and the scale said I'm around 20% body fat.

Don't know how accurate these walmart scales are with body fat percentages and BMI, but I'll go with it.
CA859905-B58F-4030-8760-9E2700610B38.jpeg
Is that your end goal?

I stay around 10-12. In between competition I might exceed that but I never get too out of hand. If you are asking to compare with your own % weight class matters. Guys in the lighter weights should be in the single digits. For the bigger guys a 10-12 is optimal.

How many calories do you eat per day and what is your total caloric expenditure? You're just pissing into the wind without either of those things calculated.

around 15%, when 2-4 weeks out I'm about 10-12%

How the hell does a weight scale measure bodyfat percentage? Most people will guess out their ass and others will use body fat calipers. And a lot of the time people use bodyfat calipers wrong.

If you are wondering I am one of those guys who guess out their ass. If I see light abs I assume I am around 12%.

How the hell does a weight scale measure bodyfat percentage? Most people will guess out their ass and others will use body fat calipers. And a lot of the time people use bodyfat calipers wrong.

If you are wondering I am one of those guys who guess out their ass. If I see light abs I assume I am around 12%.

Its a ballpark estimate based on height, age, and weight.

Its a ballpark estimate based on height, age, and weight.

No way thats even remotely an accurate estimate or even close to one based on ones height/weight and age. Age is irreverent. That's the old way to estimate BMI. The modern day BMI calculator adds in to the formula your wrist size, waist size, thighs, neck, etc. It's a lot more accurate but even then it cannot account for muscle vs fat vs having a big waist.

It depends on the body fat scale apparently. I've seen between 11 to 17% body fat depending upon the scale.

Back