Need advice on losing fat

If you don't want to gain muscle mass and simply lose weight in a healthy way, then it's pretty simple:

1. Do tons of cardio be it running, cycling, swimming or rope skipping. it doesn't have to be all of those, you can choose to simply run everyday but if you mix it up a bit it might avoid you burning out. This is how you will lose weight without putting on muscle mass, by doing cardio. If you do workouts that work your arms, core, back etc. you could potentially put on muscle mass especially if it involves weights.

2. Stick to eating lots of vegetables, and some fruits, fish and poultry (chicken & turkey). No sugar, no processed foods, no alcohol, no read meat.

3. Drink a lot of water everyday until a couple of days before the final weigh in where you can reduce the amount you drink a bit.

Losing 20 pounds in 3 weeks is not crazy depending on how fat or skinny you are already.

Doest it take a few weeks to even get to ketosis? Plus you feel like shit for a few weeks
It depends how much carbohydrates you eat before and how active you are. For some people all it takes is a 24 hour fast, or 72 hours without eating carbs. For me the Keto flu never lasted over 3 days, and that only happened the first time I tried the diet. Now I can hop back onto full ketosis without ever feeling the keto flu.

I'm one week into a low carb diet where I've kept daily carb intake below 20 grams or so and I started feeling the first effects of the switch on last Wednesday and had a mild keto flu on Thursday and Friday. During the weekend I started feeling more energetic and now I feel pretty much normal.

Personally I think a lot of people don't limit their daily carb intake enough hence they don't fully switch over in a week or so. I can speak from experience because I did a less restricted low carb diet a few years ago doing construction work and I felt like shit for a few weeks (although I also didn't get enought fats in my diet).

I haven't tested my ketones but all the symptoms matched so I'm pretty sure I'm almost in full ketosis right now.

So if you eat 4 tiramisu in a day thats like 2000 calories if you had tiramisu everyday for 5 days.
To burn that off you'd probably need a steady heart rate of 150 with 2 hours of work.
Thats alot of work, if you are not fit, firstly you may not even be able to make the 2 hours of work and if you did you will be injured and won't be able to back that up in the next day.

This is great white belt material. While nearly broke and living in the Netherlands I sustained myself on eating day old Tompouce (pastry, icing, and custard), before it was thrown out by the bakery next door. I probably average almost 20 a day or ~6000 calories. Now it's true that I happened to be training (or racing) 3-6hrs a day, but I was able to maintain my weight which was 142 - 145lbs.

I wouldn't recommend it but it's definitely possible to live and perform off shitty food only, and to maintain weight.

If you don't want to gain muscle mass and simply lose weight in a healthy way, then it's pretty simple:

1. Do tons of cardio be it running, cycling, swimming or rope skipping. it doesn't have to be all of those, you can choose to simply run everyday but if you mix it up a bit it might avoid you burning out. This is how you will lose weight without putting on muscle mass, by doing cardio. If you do workouts that work your arms, core, back etc. you could potentially put on muscle mass especially if it involves weights.

2. Stick to eating lots of vegetables, and some fruits, fish and poultry (chicken & turkey). No sugar, no processed foods, no alcohol, no read meat.

3. Drink a lot of water everyday until a couple of days before the final weigh in where you can reduce the amount you drink a bit.

Losing 20 pounds in 3 weeks is not crazy depending on how fat or skinny you are already.

why no red meat?

why no red meat?

There's more fat in red meat, and it takes longer to digest.

It's also not essential in your diet if you're already eating fish and poultry.

A lot of athletes don't eat red meat when preparing fro competitions.

I don't know if you would consider this cheating, but have you considered doing a water cut in the last days of the contest?

There's more fat in red meat, and it takes longer to digest.

It's also not essential in your diet if you're already eating fish and poultry.

A lot of athletes don't eat red meat when preparing fro competitions.

thanks.
never heard that athletes stay away from red meat.

I need advice on how to lose as much weight as soon as possible. Our office has this ongoing weight loss competition that runs for two months, and admittedly i slacked off for the past weeks and there's exactly 22 days left before judgment day. Since sherdoggers are buff alpha males who bangs 10's only, i thought i'd ask if there's any USEFUL advice you can share.

I'm currently at 190lbs, but I can be pretty active. I can run 5k easily and have been practicing boxing when i have extra time. I was able to drop to 160 last year, but eating can be too much fun so whatever. The prize pool for this contest though is pretty high, so i'm really interested in winning. My plan for the next three weeks is to implement strict calorie counting (eating healthy food only, refraining from soda etc) and also to exercise for 2.5 hours per day. i'm planning to focus on Interval Training mostly.

With these being said, I have the following questions:
1.) What would be the best way to exercise and burn calories without gaining too much muscle? The reason I ask is because the last time I tried to seriously lose weight, I did up ending losing a lot of fat but my weight wasn't dropping fast since I was also gaining muscle. And this contest doesn't take into consideration muscle mass, just the amount of lbs lost.
2.) Is interval training the best way to go about losing weight without gaining too much muscle?
3.) How much weight can I lose per week without me dying? Is it realistic to lose 20lbs in 3weeks?

Thanks.

Be sure to accurately count calories. Calorie in calorie out, it's all about the math.

I prefer long runs with my cutting to drop weight fast, but really it's mainly about the calorie restriction. Do whatever exercises you enjoy and can stick with.

I would suggest you to drink warm water with lemon in the morning. It can help you in losing weight. Also proper diet plan is necessary, i will suggest you to watch this for dieting plan.

"Discover how you can easily lose up to 16 lbs of body fat in just 14 days".

LOL. Sure looks like a great link!

Calorie deficit > over any fad to lose weight.

It’s boring and not very marketable but that’s how you lose weight.

how about hitting/kicking the punching bag?

Breakfast: Cabbage water with added BCCA's

Lunch: Cabbage water with added BCCA's

Dinner: Big plate of whatever you like.

Drink 1.5 litres of water between every meal.
No joke, if I wanted to win I would fast with BCAA's. I wouldn't fuck with the big plate though unless it was carb free, at least for the last week.

In the last week, if you aren't going keto, do it then. You will lose so much weight, not because it is a magic diet, but because without the sugar coming in you will lose a shitload of water weight.

The last two days I would do a water cut, drink less, and then before weigh in get on an exercise bike with trash bags under your clothes. Don't overdo it and die.

It's too late now but earlier in the competition you should have weighted yourself down, pieces of heavy metal in your pockets, take a little out each time

The results on the scales would lead you to victory - huge numbers at the start, low numbers at the end

It's too late now but earlier in the competition you should have weighted yourself down, pieces of heavy metal in your pockets, take a little out each time

The results on the scales would lead you to victory - huge numbers at the start, low numbers at the end

Drink Mercury to start with.......have a tea party.........iron some hat brims.....

I need advice on how to lose as much weight as soon as possible. Our office has this ongoing weight loss competition that runs for two months, and admittedly i slacked off for the past weeks and there's exactly 22 days left before judgment day. Since sherdoggers are buff alpha males who bangs 10's only, i thought i'd ask if there's any USEFUL advice you can share.

I'm currently at 190lbs, but I can be pretty active. I can run 5k easily and have been practicing boxing when i have extra time. I was able to drop to 160 last year, but eating can be too much fun so whatever. The prize pool for this contest though is pretty high, so i'm really interested in winning. My plan for the next three weeks is to implement strict calorie counting (eating healthy food only, refraining from soda etc) and also to exercise for 2.5 hours per day. i'm planning to focus on Interval Training mostly.

With these being said, I have the following questions:
1.) What would be the best way to exercise and burn calories without gaining too much muscle? The reason I ask is because the last time I tried to seriously lose weight, I did up ending losing a lot of fat but my weight wasn't dropping fast since I was also gaining muscle. And this contest doesn't take into consideration muscle mass, just the amount of lbs lost.
2.) Is interval training the best way to go about losing weight without gaining too much muscle?
3.) How much weight can I lose per week without me dying? Is it realistic to lose 20lbs in 3weeks?

Thanks.

Give up on it, and wait till the next one. Weight loss contests are won and lost not on where you finish, but where you start.

You have to do heavy carb loading with massive salt and water intake for 72-96 hours before the initial weigh ins, so your 'start weight' is 12-15 pounds more than your normal walk around weight.

Back