Next TUF will be Heavyweights. Finally UFC!!

Cast as has been announced, and it's fucking stinking.

Josh Parisian (7-2) is easily the best guy. Maurice Greene (5-2) isn't terrible. We then have a 37yr old Spanish bloke I've never heard of; a 35/36 yr old Pole (Mysiala) with a journeyman 22-10 type record; Anderson Da Silva (is this guy a former K1 guy? I'm not sure if the same guy). It's shite.

Farewell, TUF. I enjoyed you up until around season 17/18, a lot, then my interest waned year upon year until I just stopped watching.

Josh Parisian (7-2) is easily the best guy. Maurice Greene (5-2) isn't terrible. We then have a 37yr old Spanish bloke I've never heard of; a 35/36 yr old Pole (Mysiala) with a journeyman 22-10 type record; Anderson Da Silva (is this guy a former K1 guy? I'm not sure if the same guy). It's shite.

Farewell, TUF. I enjoyed you up until around season 17/18, a lot, then my interest waned year upon year until I just stopped watching.

Dana pulls this crap every season, taking the best prospects from tryouts and either sticking them on a small card or on his contender series. Not saying it would have made a great series but putting Jeff Hughes and Austin Lane (instead of having him slug it out with Hardy) would have improved the series a bit. Josh P wouldn't have even been on the show if Rebello's opponent hadn't have withdrawn on the contendor's show, and honestly he looks like the best among the bunch. The women also, they only had 28 show up to tryouts, that should speak to how much of a mistake it was to go ahead with the division. For some reason they passed over the more well known names prob to fill future cards. If they keep the show going it would be time to mix oversees cast and just dub the show, there just isn't the talent available anymore.

I forgot about Michel Batista actually. The HW Romero, possibly - old Cuban wrestler. He'll probably grind his way to winning the season, probably beating Parisian in the final. Its guys like Mysiala I have the problem with - middle-aged journeyman with nothing to offer.

Heavyweight, Schmeavyweight. The last time they did heavyweights (TUF Brazil) we ended up with a bunch of LHW's and MW's. Antonio Carlos Jr. was the winner. Never fought at heavyweight after that. So it won't be a refreshing of the division.

I'm predicting a dull, boring, decision heavy round of HW fights. Final = Parisian vs. Batista, with Batista winning. Losing semi-finalists get a prelim fight on the Finale - Greene vs. Sosoli. Nobody else gets a UFC look-in.

I forgot about Michel Batista actually. The HW Romero, possibly - old Cuban wrestler. He'll probably grind his way to winning the season, probably beating Parisian in the final. Its guys like Mysiala I have the problem with - middle-aged journeyman with nothing to offer.

What did you expect? The HW division is absolute trash. Anyone worthwhile gets picked up by fight 5 or 6 and doesn't need to go on tuf.

Anderson Silva and Maurice Greene both fought in Glory. Silva was a top 15 HW, and Greene was pretty terrible going 1-3 in Glory, losing the last two via KO.

mcp5IJD.gif

Last edited:
What did you expect? The HW division is absolute trash. Anyone worthwhile gets picked up by fight 5 or 6 and doesn't need to go on tuf.

I find it hard to believe they can't put together a decent cast for any weight class. Even on DWCS tonight there were prob four heavys fighting that would be better options for the show as they were all actually under 30 with decent records. Sipe was only 22 and from a small camp, he looked great befor gassing. Juan Adams looked impressive also and actually beat a decent prospect in Teed. It just makes no sense to make the cast full of older journeymen fighters with sup par records when you have all these young guys fighting and going home. Stick the four guys from tonight on with Jeff Hughes, Austin Lane, Parisian, and either Batista or Edwards and you actually have a decent cast with actual heavyweights. Either that or pick four then bring over four heavys from Russia and use subs.

Sleeping on Frazier. 28 years old, 10-2 with all first round finishes. Only losses to UFC vets a few years back including derrick lewis. Surprising athleticism and huge power with solid wrestling and subs.

Anderson Silva and Maurice Greene both fought in Glory. Silva was a top 15 HW, and Greene was pretty terrible going 1-3 in Glory, losing the last two via KO.

mcp5IJD.gif

OMG Greene will get his lights knocked out if still holds his chin up that high when backing up.

Hard to be excited.. but i'll watch for Rob and the featherweights..

c6c89eb4ce9f27622b020a6641acbb0c.png

Batista and Parisian are somewhat promising, Greene is a total disappointment. Sosoli could surprise me, but other than that.. no high expectations for the others, not at all.

Hard to be excited.. but i'll watch for Rob and the featherweights..

c6c89eb4ce9f27622b020a6641acbb0c.png

Batista and Parisian are somewhat promising, Greene is a total disappointment. Sosoli could surprise me, but other than that.. no high expectations for the others, not at all.

Juan could b decent because of his groundgame but he's already 37. Its amazing a journeyman light heavy like Mysiala gets selected over prospects like Tanner Boeser and Steve Mowry. Silva was ko'ed by a guy that had lossed 12 of 16 and was about 30 lbs less at the time of the fight, both him and Greene have suspect chins.

Juan could b decent because of his groundgame but he's already 37. Its amazing a journeyman light heavy like Mysiala gets selected over prospects like Tanner Boeser and Steve Mowry. Silva was ko'ed by a guy that had lossed 12 of 16 and was about 30 lbs less at the time of the fight, both him and Greene have suspect chins.
Mowry is with Bellator and Tanner with ACB though, they weren't real options for that TUF

i believe mowry hadn't sign w bellator when the casting for tuf was happening

Back