Active shooter situation in Fredericton, New Brunswick

Someone posted on FB that a man called into a Halifax radio station and said his wife is RCMP and that the shooter is a female.

Fuck, I hope Canada isn't looking at another Biker War:( There was a lot of collateral damage in the last one.

Yeah, it was crazy for a while in Quebec. I think this would be more of a pilled out junkie losing his shit if anything. Again just a guess as I don't have a lot of concrete information. There was a Walmart and Canadian Tire store that had the front doors shot out last night. Not sure if it is in anyway connected but there is a pharmacy in the Walmart. Seems likely they could be connected as there a very few gun related incidents in this area.

One of my coworkers has a daughter that is locked down in a Tim Hortons coffee shop very close to where the incident was/is unfolding. He just got a text from her saying they are being told they will allowed out soon. Hopefully this puts to bed the rumor of another shooter.

One of my coworkers has a daughter that is locked down in a Tim Hortons coffee shop very close to where the incident was/is unfolding. He just got a text from her saying they are being told they will allowed out soon. Hopefully this puts to bed the rumor of another shooter.

Good news.

Yeah, this often happens in situations like these. People can get confused by the way gunfire echoes and think there are more than one shooter.

Someone posted on FB that a man called into a Halifax radio station and said his wife is RCMP and that the shooter is a female.

That would be pretty wild. I have yet to hear that but things seemed to have been completely clamped down in the last 20-25 minutes or so. Nothing at all coming from the police since the perp was taken in to custody.

What? That Jfrizzle is OK? That was literally the first thing in his post.

It’s pretty obvious that guy is already in crisis management mode in case this turns out to be Muslims. No one has even suggested it might be but you can see that’s straight where his mind went.

That would be pretty wild. I have yet to hear that but things seemed to have been completely clamped down in the last 20-25 minutes or so. Nothing at all coming from the police since the perp was taken in to custody.

The fact this shit-bag was taken alive even after killing two cops speaks volumes of the PD's self-restraint and professionalism:cool:

Kill a cop in an American city and the PD will only stop shooting you when they run out of ammo.

The fact this shit-bag was taken alive even after killing two cops speaks volumes of the PD's self-restraint and professionalism:cool:

Kill a cop in an American city and the PD will only stop shooting you when they run out of ammo.
If 2 cops were killed I support them killing the killer.

I wouldn't have a problem with it either. But I respect the cops for following the letter of the law and taking him alive.

I can't say I disagree. I really don't want this shit bag being kept alive on the tax payer dime, but that is just my personal feeling. It is probably a good thing thing that at the very least we may be able to find out a motive. Just a shitty situation all around.

I'm just south of Fredericton - just found out of this damn

WTF. Fucking awful.
I wouldn't have a problem with it either. But I respect the cops for following the letter of the law and taking him alive.
Yes, seems like the cops in this country have balls the size of watermelons. Remember the guy who was run over and stabbed, back on the job a week later? And the one who disarmed the wingnut just the other week?

Let's here it for Canadian law enforcement.

The police are being very tight lipped but it's completely normal and understandable. We will get the details in due time, no doubt.

According to the BBC site, which was updated 8 minutes ago, residents of Brookside Drive are still being advised by police to remain inside with the doors locked.

That may not mean it's still active. They might be concerned about people disturbing evidence by wandering through a crime scene.

According to the BBC site, which was updated 8 minutes ago, residents of Brookside Drive are still being advised by police to remain inside with the doors locked.

That may not mean it's still active. They might be concerned about people disturbing evidence by wandering through a crime scene.
I'd say that's likely.

Holy fuck. My uncle lives in Fredericton, I was just there about a month ago for the first time in years and it's gotta be one of the last places where I could imagine having shit like this happen. It's such a small and quiet city. RIP to the victims. Who knows wtf happened, could be just some drug business gone wrong.

Holy fuck. My uncle lives in Fredericton, I was just there about a month ago for the first time in years and it's gotta be one of the last places where I could imagine having shit like this happen. It's such a small and quiet city. RIP to the victims. Who knows wtf happened, could be just some drug business gone wrong.

Have you contacted your uncle? Hope he's OK.

Just out on local news that the situation is no longer a threat to the public. Lock downs being lifted. Thank god

Back