Things you never thought you'd be interested in

P

Pugilistic

Have you found yourself being interested in stuff that you'd never thought you'd be interested in?
For me, it's surfing. Growing up I had no interest in water sports besides the swimming occasionally for health. When I saw people surfing and catching waves, my reaction was always, "Why."

Then last year, I went on a trip with a couple friends to a beach with good waves and since it was cheap to rent surfing gear, they convinced me to try it. I was ambivalent to the idea and I thought I wouldn't really enjoy myself that much. But I was wrong. I finally understood the excitement of catching a wave.

My trip to the US is coming up and one of the things I'm most excited about is surfing again. I can't stop myself from watching youtube videos about surfing.

This makes me realize I should be open to trying out everything in life even if you don't think you'll enjoy it, because you never know that you might find yourself getting really into it.

American football.

I started it in 2009 after a lifetime of just doing combat sports, I wanted to train myself to perceive what was going on in a melee with greater accuracy.

I chose American football over rugby because I liked the shape of my nose and ears.

Since I've found it to be a life defining passion.

When I was young, I never thought I'd be interested in poker.

Then I learned in high school and became super interested. I loved watching it on TV and it motivated me to get better and make money. Then, Black Friday hit.

Now, that I haven't been able to play for money for years, I'm back to not being interested

I never thought I would have a worm farm, but I love it!

fe5b7fa2fae578d971fb06db56c85862.jpg

It's sort of the opposite for me, i'm losing interest in a few things. Like watching the NFL. I probably won't watch this season.

But yeah, since we got a house, I've been interested in a bit of gardening and making sure my grass is green.

Also, i'm pretty sure there's marijuana growing in a part of the garden. So i'm very interested to see how that pans out. I'm gonna replant it to backyard though

Really, though - nothing in the way of entertainment.

Closest I can come is I'm learning a lot of baby stuff and how household utilities work and whether or not I can fix/replace them on my own, both of which I didn't have any interest in before.

Gardening

Making money instead of spending it

Being alive in general

Classical music

leg locks. I still hate those hipster lock lock guys, but they are fun to do.

growing my own garden - nothing better than going outside and picking something you grew to cook.

Curling. Ridiculous sport, but my wife got me into it and now I'm hooked.

Back