Glove hand wraps

Chok Sok Te

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Has anyone got any experience with the glove equivalent of wrist wraps? Seems like a quicker easier option but never tried them before.

They're not ideal. While traditional handwraps can be annoying to put on and roll up when you're done they do an infinitely better job than say the little gel gloves you can put on or any other quicker methods. There is a reason why you don't see pros using little glove wraps.

I've only ever used traditional wraps just for precautions. They're cheap and protect your hands. My only dislike is washing them. I haven't heard anyone say good things about glove style wraps

I have seen people use the glove style wraps in combination with traditional wraps for "extra double protection". At the end of the day, they end up forgetting about the glove style wrap and go for better alternatives like Winning Gel Pads or Skulltec in combination with traditional wraps.

Even then, no one at my gym uses the glove style wraps by themselves.

Glove wraps are just a go at “building a better mouse trap”. Only problem is, IMHO, it doesn’t.
~ Mike

It is faster than tapping up your hands. Get sanabul and make sure they arent tight

I actually cracked my knuckle using Gel Glove "handwraps"

I’ve used gel quick wraps but only as a glove to work the double end bag.
They can’t come close to even a poorly done traditional wrap in my opinion. (Not that it’s worth much I’m no boxer)
Just because of the mechanics of it.
It’s just a Lycra/gel/elastic glove that you can wrap your wrist up a little.
They offer no more support or maybe less than a leather mma style glove without using wraps.

Na bro. I need the time it takes to wrap up after warm up to breath

Back