Firearms News thread

Are you talking turret adjustment or ?

Scope is 1/10th mil.

sub_rzr-g2_f_45-27x56_ebr-2c_mrad-t.jpg

Oh, a 10th mill oughta do it.

RMR-COWITNESS-SIGHTS-600x480.jpg

Hopefully they are using a co witness set up. The mrds aren't really known to be the most reliable.

I feel that shooting with a red dot has helped my accuracy and consistency quite a bit. It lets me easily see what/when I was fucking up while shooting. That accuracy and consistency translated to irons as well.

I found them good for slinging lead as long as i didnt try to look at them too long. Trying to focus just made them blurry for me, then id get agitated and wanna go back to irons.

If it makes a few of HPD shoot better itll be helpful.

I'm not sure all the laws for each state but it doesn't have a pistol grip or adjustable stock. What else would need to be neutered?

Imo better looking than any other options I've seen for the fixed stock no pistol grip.

You never reload anything right, just buy shit and shoot it?

You never reload anything right, just buy shit and shoot it?

Correct.

I've thought about getting into reloading but it's a pretty big initial investment. Also a big time investment learning and becoming adept at making quality match ammo with a low ES, SD and small groups.

Correct.

I've thought about getting into reloading but it's a pretty big initial investment. Also a big time investment learning and becoming adept at making quality match ammo with a low ES, SD and small groups.

I hear ya.

I bought a Dillon years ago to reload 45ACP. It paid for itself. Later started using it for centerfire rifle cartridges.

Learning isn't so bad if you keep it simple to what you need. For instance if its reasonable match quality 223. You can buy processed cases, (either primed or unprimed) get a good powder measure, scale, press and seating die, then mix your favorite powder bullet combo pretty easy.

Seating depth isn't difficult since Mag length will dictate that for you.

A plus is being able to choose a Better, (CLEANER) powder such as vihtavuori n135 (Think Suppressor Shooting) and better Bullet such as the Sierra Tipped MatchKings.

Ammo you simply can't just buy in a store.

My Brother was a big time benchrest shooter, and I made the mistake of asking his advice getting established in reloading. (Motherfuck, so miserably tedious) I'd never turn necks, fire-form and all the other dicking around those guys do to get another cunt hairs worth of accuracy. But a Benchrest quality powder measure and some of the other doo-dads they use do come in handy for making "Mexican-Match" ammo pretty good. I've even got good results pulling bullets on Ball ammo and re-plugging with a Matchking.

It does allow you to test and try shit too.

Sometimes I wish the goons round here reloaded, sometimes I want to shoot the shit about particular loads, but it just ain't doable.

I just noticed something, (while pretending to work) Performance write-ups, and reviews for: reloading, Optics, Bipods, Actions, Barrel Specs, Shooting skills, etc just ain't what they used to be. Everyone's a fucking expert but no one knows anything. The asinine criteria people are applying to things these days! Goddamnit.

I just saw a review for New unprimed 30'06 brass. One goon gave it a 2 stars because the brass came in a red bag and was advertised as being sold in a blue bag!

Last edited:
I'm not sure all the laws for each state but it doesn't have a pistol grip or adjustable stock. What else would need to be neutered?

For my state? Only traditional palm swell stocks get a free pass on new make rifles that take detachable magazines. That thing violates the “no fingers other than the trigger finger under the action” rule. And the buffer tube is considered part of the action here for the AWB.

Also, as has been said on that site. That’s just a really fancy Thorsden stock, which has been deemed a no no here. So it will be interesting to hear how they changed it to make legal if they in fact actually asked my state.

In all honesty. Despite its 50 state claim, it’s really just aimed at Cali/NY folk.

Didn't want to make my own thread, but from people actually experienced, how much do Illinois firearm laws suck? I'd rather hear from anyone with experience living there than a "sky is falling" person

Wife literally just got a job right on the Wi/Il border. I'm an engineer and can pretty much find work anywhere so I'll find a new position in communiting distance from her place. Likely live in middle and drive different ways. I own a pretty plain and standard AR15 and have a Ruger SR9c I have my WI conceal carry permit for

Would I have to sell/neuter my AR-15 if I moved there? I believe I just have to be a resident and take more stringent classes to get my Il CCW for my handgun

Will probably live on the Wi side of the border for tax reasons, but if something on the Il side would pay me 20K+ more a year or something, may end up becoming a FIB :(

Didn't want to make my own thread, but from people actually experienced, how much do Illinois firearm laws suck? I'd rather hear from anyone with experience living there than a "sky is falling" person

Wife literally just got a job right on the Wi/Il border. I'm an engineer and can pretty much find work anywhere so I'll find a new position in communiting distance from her place. Likely live in middle and drive different ways. I own a pretty plain and standard AR15 and have a Ruger SR9c I have my WI conceal carry permit for

Would I have to sell/neuter my AR-15 if I moved there? I believe I just have to be a resident and take more stringent classes to get my Il CCW for my handgun

Will probably live on the Wi side of the border for tax reasons, but if something on the Il side would pay me 20K+ more a year or something, may end up becoming a FIB :(

Hope it isn’t Deerfield. They just went full retard.

Hope it isn’t Deerfield. They just went full retard.

Nope. Rockford area. I'm unfamiliar with the state as a whole, just the news stories from the batshit areas

Last edited:
There's no better thread for this and to Hell with starting a new one. Hilarious video. It's actually highly complimentary.

Then Paul with his own brand of comedy.

Not sure what Gun Drama Johnny posted.

Vortex released a new version of the Diamondback Tactical that is up for pre-order now.

FFP, exposed turrets, no zero stop... the 5-25 is a 30mm tube and is MSRP-ing for like $450.

Back