RIZIN's really diluting their product with all these kickboxing matches

You don't know their name, so you probably didn't lookup to see what they said.

Fighters usually apologize when fights don't occur, with if it wasn't their own fault.

sure. but coercing them to get into the ring and be shamed/apologize is a new development. and it's fucking awkward.

now i don't know names? ffs. itt: people using fiction to argue with me because they feel compelled to argue but don't have any actual points.

They need to throw a truckload of money at Asashoryu and get him to fight.
I wonder what Harumafuji is up to now, RIZIN said they would pursue him if they felt the fans demanded it

Rizin should focus a bit more on enticing their audience in the rest of the world now that they are doing well in Japan.

I wonder what Harumafuji is up to now, RIZIN said they would pursue him if they felt the fans demanded it

We demand it!

Where’s the fucking petition? I want to sign it now!

Yea but kickboxing is huge in Japan the history is there to show this. It is still very popular in Japan regardless..

K-1 is, outside of that there are waaaay to many organisations that are mildy popular. Rizin 12 kickboxing fights were decent, but at the end of the day K1 dropouts and Shootboxing fighters that aren't all that popular other then Rena.

People acting like KAITO is some superstar when he has 1k followers on Insta & Twitter, compared to 150k of someone like Takeru.

Last edited:
I agree to an extent, but imo not having a universal set of rules for all of their mma fights is what is really diluting their product. Is this fight a two rounder with a ten min first, or is it three rounds? Are elbows allowed in this fight? Oh, this is “Rizin women’s mma rules?” What differentiates those from the men’s rules?

That’s diluting the product.

That's funny, that doesn't bother me at all. I guess it's easier for me to follow that shit fight-by-fight than most people. I wouldn't even care about the kickboxing if they just went all-in in both directions instead of being this uncanny-valley middleground where they're trying to rear prospects and be legit but need them to be mildly photogenic first.
Have cosplaying rentboys kickbox with some handsome teenage kickboxer who models on the side (there're always a handful of those guys, the big promotions just never have the balls to grab 'em while they're young) until he's like 15-0, like what Bellator's doing to Baby Slice, and have one relevant kickboxing match. I don't know too much about kickboxing, but from what I understand there're a lot of open guys. Are Tenshin's opponents really the best RIZIN can come up with?
Trying to get the cutest KRUSH champions to try and manufacture a new Kid Yamamoto or Masato isn't gonna work, and trying to push their one-word names isn't gonna help. Yashabo's the closest thing to Kid Yamamoto right now and RIZIN's not trying hard enough to goad him out of the UFC and intelligently build-up his record like they did with Yachi.

How is Hioki fighting "awesome" in 2018

Whats wrong with you

I'm a diehard Hioki fan. When I'm a fan of somebody, I'm optimistically with them for life (besides, getting knocked out by three guys with knockout power is not the end of a career; dropping his hands so much if his knees are too damaged to kick is another story.) Masahiro Oishi's still fighting at 49 and I love him for it; he's man enough to do what he loves and not give a fuck. It's also funny that his striking form and guard have improved, but he's no better at getting up off his back than he was 15 years ago. And I'd like to see War Machine fight again just because I enjoyed his fight with Jared "J-roc" Rollins so much.

You are a very strange cookie

What if the money went to Christy Mack and he had to train in prison and serve out his sentence? He gets a year off for every fight he wins. Kinda like that Muay Thai prison story.

sure. but coercing them to get into the ring and be shamed/apologize is a new development. and it's fucking awkward.

now i don't know names? ffs. itt: people using fiction to argue with me because they feel compelled to argue but don't have any actual points.
You said there were two wmma fighters getting into the ring to apologize at Rizin.11. There was only 1 canceled wmma fight on the card.

You said there were two wmma fighters getting into the ring to apologize at Rizin.11. There was only 1 canceled wmma fight on the card.

cool story, notice i didn't say anything about cancelled fights. i don't care if there was 1 cancelled fight or 130, it's what happened.

cool story, notice i didn't say anything about cancelled fights. i don't care if there was 1 cancelled fight or 130, it's what happened.
"rizin 11 had at least 2 women forced into public shaming/apologies."

You can't back up this statement

"rizin 11 had at least 2 women forced into public shaming/apologies."

You can't back up this statement

wtf? aside from when i watched it happen? if you're asking me to find video of it and upload it... no.

Back