Behind the Curtain - shoot interviews, podcasts, book stories, urban legends

Would Al Perez have been a star if he hadn't of threatened to shoot on Flair?

If he could demonstrate value beyond that of Nailz, he'd hold the strap until Perry Saturn broke out.

^^^

Never heard that story before, although I have heard that Adrian could really go if he wanted. I always wondered why Spivey never hit it big for any amount of time and I'd imagine that Vince's memory of this played some part. Corny commentaries Spivey and Sid doing a potato job on some jamoke who kept popping up on them on tge 6:05 podcast.
It looked like Spivey was gonna get big with Waylon Mercy, but injuries put an end to his career. I personally think it was a missed opportunity

Would Al Perez have been a star if he hadn't of threatened to shoot on Flair?
You mean the Seth Rollins Sr? He might have been a star, don't know if he would've been one but definitely a possibility but when you get a program with Flair, you stick with the program and if he stuck with the program, he could've became a star even without winning the belt. Too bad

HZFseM.gif

Duggan isn't doing his podcast anymore. :(
I listened to his episode about the time him and Sheik got busted traveling together and was surprised how pissed Vince was about them breaking kayfabe. "What have you done to us? Turn in your tickets and go home, dammit!"
Oh and the Cornette episode about the 87 GAB tour tells me exactly why wrestlers were all on a cocktail of drugs and pills back then. The travel was ridiculous.

I read the Harley Race bio, in it he talks about how Vince tried to shoot for a takedown in a restaurant after Harley turned down his offer. A reviewer already summed up the incident.

Vince launching himself at a guy even Andre wouldn't fuck with?

Last edited:
Any of you guys ever heard of Nicky Mimikos? I just came across a post of his on Facebook where he is commenting on a picture of a friend of mine. He says, "Dewey, you are proof that even us WWF Hall of Famers need heroes."

well i never heard of him, and looking at his facebook he appears to claim he was one of the people who played Doink. Yet I google image searched it and both turn up Matt Osbourne for the source. It also says he was retired from 17 yrs.pro wrestler with nwa.wcw.awa.swa.ecw.uwf n wwf.

anyone heard of this guy at all?

Fun back and forth between Bischoff and Jericho on their respective podcasts.

Not sure if already covered here but if not, Bischoff covered Jericho's WCW career on 83 Weeks and pointed out a lot of obvious bullshit from Jericho's first book.

So Jericho has Conrad on TIJ and in a round about way admits he's full of shit (a lot like how he admits he was just bullshitting on the Self Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior.)

83 Weeks is starting to distinguish itself as the best of Conrad's podcasts.

This is a great shoot

it's 3hrs so if you got nothing to do and you already tossed one off [<cena1} ... check this out.

Very interesting information in this. I used to be a die hard fanboy back in the day and there is stuff in this I didn't even know. This guys seems like a really good dude. I think he got f*cked around and was actually a very good worker considering he was 300 lbs and the way he could move without killing people (it looked like it)

I think this is a very good shoot for those who have not seen it yet. There is tons on this channel. Stan Hansen, Al Snow, Jake Roberts, Bruce Hart, Honky Tonk Man, Billy Graham, Tully Blanchard, Ronnie Garvin, Rougeau Brothers, Dave Meltzer lol, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Bruiser Brody's Widow, Demolition etc. etc.

This is one of my favorite channels on youtube and the best part is it's free...

I sound like a damn PR guy haha but honestly this channel is awesome for shoot interviews.

That Hannibal guy is a piece of shit though.

Fun back and forth between Bischoff and Jericho on their respective podcasts.

Not sure if already covered here but if not, Bischoff covered Jericho's WCW career on 83 Weeks and pointed out a lot of obvious bullshit from Jericho's first book.

So Jericho has Conrad on TIJ and in a round about way admits he's full of shit (a lot like how he admits he was just bullshitting on the Self Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior.)

83 Weeks is starting to distinguish itself as the best of Conrad's podcasts.
Jerichos definitely full of shit
In his book he claims hes the one that shot the infamous Jim Cornette Dairy Queen when its well known that California indy guy/OVW ring announcer Ron Hed was the one that shot it

Jerichos definitely full of shit
In his book he claims hes the one that shot the infamous Jim Cornette Dairy Queen when its well known that California indy guy/OVW ring announcer Ron Hed was the one that shot it
How much more of the book is lies?

Back