Posting gifs

Maga

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Anyone help me out? Can't figure out how to post gifs other then the ones offered.
Thanks in advance

Anyone help me out? Can't figure out how to post gifs other then the ones offered.
Thanks in advance
Hi.

So, you'll need fetch the site-external URL (see address bar) of the GIF you'd like to embed, then tick the picture/landscape icon from our toolbar and paste said URL. I've circled the like in yellow:

Unknown.png

Hi.

So, you'll need fetch the site-external URL (see address bar) of the GIF you'd like to embed, then tick the picture/landscape icon from our toolbar and paste said URL. I've circled the like in yellow:

Thanks man, been saving link and trying that but it no workie. Once again thanks u bunch.... /thread

I use imgur as it's very easy.
Find the gif, then open in a new tab. Copy url, paste into your post and add
[ IMG] tags

I just right click on the gif I want to post and hit copy image then right click paste and the gif shows up,

Hi.

None of this works when posting from my iPad. No problem from my PC..
What gives?

None of this works when posting from my iPad. No problem from my PC..
What gives?
Sorry to hear that. Mobile in general can be a bit squirrelly so I empathise.

Because viewing desktop- and mobile-dedicated versions of pages shouldn't make any difference, can you confirm you're not pasting the mobile address of the page from which an image is being viewed, i.e., page URL? With respect to above 'address bar', fetching of external URL was referring to image URL. The former will indeed corrupt upon creation.

Sorry to hear that. Mobile in general can be a bit squirrelly so I empathise.

Because viewing desktop- and mobile-dedicated versions of pages shouldn't make any difference, can you confirm you're not pasting the mobile address of the page from which an image is being viewed, i.e., page URL? With respect to above 'address bar', fetching of external URL was referring to image URL. The former will indeed corrupt upon creation.
Admitting that I'm not super sophisticated in the ways of the web, I'm primarily posting the URL from the copy function on google images. The actual address doesn't appear until i paste into my post.
I'm back at my PC today, so I'll see if there is a difference in the addresses posted from here vs my Ipad.

Thanks for your help..

Back