Joshua Gets the Stoppage; Who is Next?

Wilder fights cans tbh and I don’t believe they will allow him to fight Joshua who has fought great hws like pov and klitch .. I wouldn’t mind seeing Joshua vs whyte

While I think Joshua is the favorite to beat Wilder and has the better resume as well, Wilder is more than a can buster. Luis Ortiz is not a can and Stiverne definitely wasn't when they fought the first time.

While I think Joshua is the favorite to beat Wilder and has the better resume as well, Wilder is more than a can buster. Luis Ortiz is not a can and Stiverne definitely wasn't when they fought the first time.

Personally, I never too much liked the "can" argument. He stopped every single one of those cans. If he is that good, what other outcome should there be? He should be stopping cans. He did his job. Now if he struggled I would understand the argument, going the distance, getting a draw....yeah. But he stopped everyone he has ever faced.

If Wilder can get to Joshua by getting past Fury, then I think he KOs Joshua. Don't get me wrong, AJ is a bad man, he hits hard, but he's tenative. Wilder has touch of death power, and he has taken hard shots and done 12 before. AJs chin gets tested that night, and no one gets chin tested by Wilder and gets away with it.

Joshua’s chin has been tested plenty in the last few fights against Big punchers. His chin is more proven. Other than Ortiz wilder hasn’t faced guys that hit like povetkin, whyte or wlad. And Joshua hits far harder than Ortiz. Wilder won’t handle Joshua’s power either so we have a shoot out.

Wilder hasn’t necessarily been running through guys quickly other than stiverne 2, and regularly gets outboxed for much of these fights. Can he afford to do that with Joshua? If he does he will not get the chance to land that right hand

Joshua’s chin has been tested plenty in the last few fights against Big punchers. His chin is more proven. Other than Ortiz wilder hasn’t faced guys that hit like povetkin, whyte or wlad. And Joshua hits far harder than Ortiz. Wilder won’t handle Joshua’s power either so we have a shoot out.

Wilder hasn’t necessarily been running through guys quickly other than stiverne 2, and regularly gets outboxed for much of these fights. Can he afford to do that with Joshua? If he does he will not get the chance to land that right hand

As a Wilder fan, I was worried for him in that Ortiz fight.

It'll be whyte, if he beats chisora, in April.
Wilder will be Sept-Nov in Las Vegas.

Team Joshua: "If we are going to fight Fury, a deal must be agreed before 1 December". Wilder vs Fury its happening in December. How can a deal would be agreed before that date, if they dont even know the result of the their fight. So what they are saying in Joshua team is that they dont want the fight, thats clear, and they will put excuses. If u want the fight u wait for the other fight to finish, and depending on the result (if Wilder loses will have a rematch with Fury), u decide whats next. But its impossible they agree a deal with u, if they dont even know if Wilder will retain the belt or not. Nobody wants to see Joshua vs Wilder, if Wilder gets beaten by Fury.

You don't listen properly and instead hear what you wanna hear?

Team Joshua -
"if we are going to fight wilder then a deal needs to be done before next year subject to the outcome of the wilder/fury fight"

Do you not understand that a prospected deal could be put in place?

Fk me, some people are thick as shit.

I'd like more than anything for it to be the winner of Fury/Wilder but if they have an immediate rematch cause then that's not going to happen. In that case, it will be Whyte, who I'm not really bothered about. Seen it once, don't see it being a different result.

Needs to manup and fight Kubrat the real #1 contender.
<Baelish01>

Well, looking forward to the shoot out. Joshua's power pales near Wilder's btw, but he does have the deeper resume. Honestly I see this fight a lot like you do, but the problem is Joshua isn't some defensive god, and the equalizer is on Wilder's side. He is the harder puncher. Im sorry if you disagree, but this is a very real factor. Joshua HAS to be better technician and box a perfect fight all 12 rounds, Wilder is far too dangerous, and could honestly come in a little reckless here and benefit from it ala Maidana. Unorthodox, longer, faster, lighter, and literally leaves victims twitching on the canvas. I don't recall AJ having nearly the reel Wilder does. Lotta TKOs, and guys wobbling on shaky legs while the ref calls the fight. Meanwhile, Wilder has fools dead on the canvas, and the commentary can't figure which punch hurt the opponent because they were partially/fully blocked.

And on the flipside, I laugh. This is all assuming Wilder gets past Fury, who COULD dodge the big shots for 12 rnds. We may see Fury/AJ instead, and it's totally possible.

The only logical choice now is that Canelo uses some more Mexican meat and moves up to heavyweight for a trilogy with Joshua.

Well, looking forward to the shoot out. Joshua's power pales near Wilder's btw, but he does have the deeper resume. Honestly I see this fight a lot like you do, but the problem is Joshua isn't some defensive god, and the equalizer is on Wilder's side. He is the harder puncher. Im sorry if you disagree, but this is a very real factor. Joshua HAS to be better technician and box a perfect fight all 12 rounds, Wilder is far too dangerous, and could honestly come in a little reckless here and benefit from it ala Maidana. Unorthodox, longer, faster, lighter, and literally leaves victims twitching on the canvas. I don't recall AJ having nearly the reel Wilder does. Lotta TKOs, and guys wobbling on shaky legs while the ref calls the fight. Meanwhile, Wilder has fools dead on the canvas, and the commentary can't figure which punch hurt the opponent because they were partially/fully blocked.

Oh I don’t disagree that wilder has the harder punch with his straight right, but it’s immaterial. these are the 2 hardest hitters in the division, neither will survive if they are landed on flush. And both are hittable. There’s no way that wilder is as durable as povetkin or whyte, and both of these guys were put out. And Joshua can finish guys with straights, hooks or uppercuts. It will be very interesting to see how wilder deals with AJs combination punching. If he cant keep it at distance he’s fcked! Just like AJs in big trouble I’d wilder can keep it long. I think that’s where the fight will be won or lost

The reality is the 1st guy hurt more than likely gets stopped. One thing these guys share is an incredible ability to finish fights, no one in the division can match them.

And on the flipside, I laugh. This is all assuming Wilder gets past Fury, who COULD dodge the big shots for 12 rnds. We may see Fury/AJ instead, and it's totally possible.

I heard there was a rematch clause? I hope not. I expect wilder to ko fury at some point. I think it’s too early after his lay off. Would much rather see Joshua vs wilder anyways

I heard there was a rematch clause? I hope not. I expect wilder to ko fury at some point. I think it’s too early after his lay off. Would much rather see Joshua vs wilder anyways
I hope Joshua and Wilder bring their "0's" to an eventual end all be all clash as well, that's the fight everyone wants to see, but at end of day Ill take any of these HwTs today mixing it up, and Fury could potentially steal Wilder's ticket to the megafight. I think we'll see all of them fight at some point after the Ls dont matter as much anymore

Of course there is.

Wilder is clearly chasing paper as a priority, he's given up on unification for now because Joshua wasn't going to pay him the money he thought for a mega fight so he's found his meal ticket in Fury and he's going to rinse it for all its worth.

That is why he's not signing the Joshua contract (the one that Wilder fanboys pretend doesn't exist).

Tbf to him after 40 fights, its time, if he signed to fight Joshua for the smaller purse and lost his belt he'd never have this opportunity, I hope American fans can see the tactics here?
Instead of constantly claiming Joshua is ducking (despite the signed and sent contract) take it for what it is.

Wilder weighed it up, saw Fury on the horizon and realised this was his chance to make serious money after he realised Joshua wasn't going to throw him the money and had to take the Povetkin mandatory, Wilder bailed.

All things considered, for him personally, he did the right thing.

Povetkin came to fight unlike AJs last 2, presented a few problems, that left hook uppercut combo was sweet and the big man was rocked a couple times, not quite as vulnerable as Wilder but no Vitali either. Joshua is learning on the job and Povetkin was the perfect opponent at this point.
I can't help feeling Fury's gonna pull out btw.

I can't help feeling Fury's gonna pull out btw.

No he can't now although I'm sure he's considered it, he'd have to retire because he'll get ripped by the whole boxing world, AJ, Hearn, all the fans and not to mention Wilder will flip his lid.

There's no way out for Fury now, he has to go through with it.

Of course there is.

Wilder is clearly chasing paper as a priority, he's given up on unification for now because Joshua wasn't going to pay him the money he thought for a mega fight so he's found his meal ticket in Fury and he's going to rinse it for all its worth.

That is why he's not signing the Joshua contract (the one that Wilder fanboys pretend doesn't exist).

Tbf to him after 40 fights, its time, if he signed to fight Joshua for the smaller purse and lost his belt he'd never have this opportunity, I hope American fans can see the tactics here?
Instead of constantly claiming Joshua is ducking (despite the signed and sent contract) take it for what it is.

Wilder weighed it up, saw Fury on the horizon and realised this was his chance to make serious money after he realised Joshua wasn't going to throw him the money and had to take the Povetkin mandatory, Wilder bailed.

All things considered, for him personally, he did the right thing.

I’m pretty confident that the Joshua fight didn’t happen because fury came back and looked shit! wilder said he’d sign the contract then it all suddenly fell apart when fury was back properly. If that’s the case I don’t necessarily blame him but it’s laughable blaming Joshua for it not happening; he clearly wants the fight. And it shows that only one guy is looking at proving he’s the best and unifying the belts. 1 fight and he could hold all of the belts and rule the boxing world, as well as being 1 of the best paid fighters on the planet. Crying about how much less you’re going to get paid for that 1 fight doesn’t make any sense to me, and everyone knew at the end of April that If the fight wasn’t sorted then the wba were going to demand povetkin.
I don’t think the fight will ever happen, and joshua May never get the chance to unify. And fans on either side will be blaming the other fighter. Damn shame. I want to see Joshua vs wilder much more than against fury now. However if fury can pull off another upset I’ve no doubt that he’ll fight Joshua next unless there’s a rematch clause. If there is a rematch clause then wilder Joshua is even more unlikely as we’re looking at the end of next year. We know joshua doesn't have a mandatory in April. Chances are he does for his next fight. Boxing politics fckin sucks

Edit: just seen on skysports that Shelley finkel will not meet or even discuss the fight until a larger offer is in the table lol. The fight will never happen! Starting to think it was never supposed to!

Last edited:
Back