What do the country fans think about Midland?

MoparOrNoCar

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I stopped listening to country radio a few years ago because it's basically just hip hop done by fake hipster rednecks these days. Then a year or two ago "Drinkin' Problem" came on the radio and I was like damn that's not bad. They've had a couple more singles called "Make a Little" and "Burn Out" that were really good too. They have an 80s/90s feel to them. Almost like an old smoky bar in 1985 playing George Strait type of feel. They're one of the only groups I've been able to get into for quite a while. I'm surprised the radio even plays them because they almost seem like an outcast compared to the way country sounds these days....if you can even call it country. Here's a couple more songs from their album that are pretty solid.

I don't know much about country music but a movie just came out called "blaze" that any country fan should not miss.

I gave up on most of country music coming out of Nashville years back. You're right, it's just crappy pop music under the disguise of country. The country artist these days are from Texas and Oklahoma; Ryan Bingham, Cody Jinks, Bart Crowe, Randy Rogers, Whiskey Myers, Turnpike Troubadour's, and Wade Bowen.

That all being said there are still a FEW artist in Nashville making real country music, and Midland is one, along with Chris Stapleton.

If they're anything like the town...

I gave up on most of country music coming out of Nashville years back. You're right, it's just crappy pop music under the disguise of country. The country artist these days are from Texas and Oklahoma; Ryan Bingham, Cody Jinks, Bart Crowe, Randy Rogers, Whiskey Myers, Turnpike Troubadour's, and Wade Bowen.

That all being said there are still a FEW artist in Nashville making real country music, and Midland is one, along with Chris Stapleton.

Whiskey Myers is one of my favorite bands at the moment. I've seen them twice in concert and they kick ass. It's a shame radio doesn't play good music like that and instead just churn out crap that young girls like.

Whiskey Myers is one of my favorite bands at the moment. I've seen them twice in concert and they kick ass. It's a shame radio doesn't play good music like that and instead just churn out crap that young girls like.
Agreed completely. I don't think music of any form can get worse than Luke Bryan, but I'm sure Music Row will produce some ass hat that sinks below his level.

Agreed completely. I don't think music of any form can get worse than Luke Bryan, but I'm sure Music Row will produce some ass hat that sinks below his level.

They already did. His name is Sam Hunt and he doesn't belong anywhere near a country music station.

They already did. His name is Sam Hunt and he doesn't belong anywhere near a country music station.
God, I forgot about that shit stain....

Anyways the wife got me tickets for a Ryan Bingham show in December. Pretty stoked for that, a country music artist playing real country music.

God, I forgot about that shit stain....

Anyways the wife got me tickets for a Ryan Bingham show in December. Pretty stoked for that, a country music artist playing real country music.

Nice one of the perks of going to see real country these days is the shows are much smaller and more intimate. I saw Whiskey Myers at this shitty bar a couple years ago that only held like 60 people and it was awesome. The next time they came around they were at a bigger venue with a few hundred people. It was still fun but not quite the same.

Nice one of the perks of going to see real country these days is the shows are much smaller and more intimate. I saw Whiskey Myers at this shitty bar a couple years ago that only held like 60 people and it was awesome. The next time they came around they were at a bigger venue with a few hundred people. It was still fun but not quite the same.
Yeah Whiskey Myers is getting pretty damn big, I have a friend in Missouri that just caught one of those shows and he said there were a few thousand in attendance. They deserve the fame though, just an incredible band full of talent, playing honest music.

Whiskey Myers is a band I actually don't worry at all about selling out by getting big. I just don't think it's in them to make fake music, their music is just too raw and honest.

It's a shame when fame happens though, take Eric Church for example I don't think he has completely sold out, but at this point I'm not sure that he wont, and it sucks saying that.

Last edited:
Back