Which boxer is Steve Fox based on?

Bryan Hawk from Hajime no Ippo

Its funny that you mentioned Hajime No Ippo due to the fact that I always compare Steve Fox with Arnie Gregory:

char_26691.jpg

1330558398_steve_fox.jpg

Granted, Arnie has a longer hair and is smaller in weight class but they both have a similar boxing fundamentals with the exception of Steve being able to perform various signature moves including flicker jabs and foot stomps.

Its funny that you mentioned Hajime No Ippo due to the fact that I always compare Steve Fox with Arnie Gregory:

char_26691.jpg

1330558398_steve_fox.jpg

Granted, Arnie has a longer hair and is smaller in weight class but they both have a similar boxing fundamentals with the exception of Steve being able to perform various signature moves including flicker jabs and foot stomps.

He reminded me of Hawk mostly because their similar dodges and angles, but he does look like Arnie

For sometime I thought Steve was based on Naseem/ingle boxers due to the fact that in his intro, he switched his stance few times while dodging his opponent skillfully before finishing him with a combo.

Mickey rourke

Fallon Fox

Common Bro!

That's not even funny. Steve to me is like a mix of Ricardo Lopez and Naseem Hamed. Ricardo in perfect textbook boxing with sways and switching of stance to throw combo.

A lot of his moves are taken from the manga Hajime no Ippo.

Some of the moves from the manga:
- Dempsey Roll and Peek-a-boo stance (Ippo)
- Smasher (Sendo)
- White Fang (Volg/Vorg)
- Flicker Jab (Mashiba)
and a lot more.

He's not based on anyone in particular but his moveset seems to be heavily influenced by Hajime No Ippo (which in itself is a weaboo boxing anime).

Dempsey Roll (rolling hooks) - Ippo
Smash (fadeaway 3/4 uppercut) - Sendo
White Fang (uppercut-chopping right combo) - Volg Zangief
Hitman Stance/Flicker jabs - Mashiba

Now obviously these are all techniques used by real boxers, but those specific signature punches are all used in a fairly iconic boxing anime, so I'm assuming that they drew heavily from it when designing him.

A lot of his moves are taken from the manga Hajime no Ippo.

Some of the moves from the manga:
- Dempsey Roll and Peek-a-boo stance (Ippo)
- Smasher (Sendo)
- White Fang (Volg/Vorg)
- Flicker Jab (Mashiba)
and a lot more.

Mashiba is hearns. Send is marciano. Vorg is Ivan maybe?

Heath Herring
??????

He's not based on anyone in particular but his moveset seems to be heavily influenced by Hajime No Ippo (which in itself is a weaboo boxing anime).

Dempsey Roll (rolling hooks) - Ippo
Smash (fadeaway 3/4 uppercut) - Sendo
White Fang (uppercut-chopping right combo) - Volg Zangief
Hitman Stance/Flicker jabs - Mashiba

Now obviously these are all techniques used by real boxers, but those specific signature punches are all used in a fairly iconic boxing anime, so I'm assuming that they drew heavily from it when designing him.

But Steve fox from tekken with his sense of calm and competitive spirit is British and not angry hostile like hajime no ippo characters

Back