Teacher's son wears a Hitler costume - Says world is "too sensitive"

You don't see the slippery slope here? What about a teacher who is a drag queen teaching kids who are Muslims or fundamentalist Christians?

Who can we fire for this?
51833.jpg

If I am not mistaken, that picture is not taken at a school it is taken at an event at a local library that people could choose to take their kid to. That is not a public school teacher in that picture, it is just some person.

Being fired for something that happened at school when that teacher was behaving in a professional capacity is much different than punishing a teacher acting as a parent at a community event. From what I am reading this was not a school related issue.

Ah', for some reason I thought she sent him to school dressed like that.

Different world today, unfortunately. Once shit like this hits the web, your goose is cooked. She might have a case for wrongful dismissal though.

The complete and utter lack of judgement (at the very least) that it requires to dress a child as Hitler and take him to a community Halloween event probably does mean that this person should not be teaching children in a public school. If this is a representation of this person's level of awareness, a public school is not the place to work.

I think there are definitely times when our culture goes overboard with being PC. This is not one of them at all. Not everything is about PC, or being un-PC for da librul tears. Sometimes there is a level of decency and awareness that needs to be displayed.

Have you noticed that the same people who are okay with Hitler costumes on children, are the same people offended by that sexualized billboard thread?

As long as this teacher is not openly spouting whatever political opinions she has to children, should not matter. Her only job is to teach reading, writing, math, some basic science, and I dont remember what else they are suppose to do. As long as this teacher dont treat any kid disrespectfully, and does not allow bullying to occur, and gives every kid a fair opportunity, then she must be allowed to teach.

Actually, I wonder what their job should be. But if her job is beyond just writing, math some basic science, and gets into the realm of moral, ethical training then we need to get rid of the public system. Parents need more choices, and need more control over what is being taught, and who is teaching this to children especially if morals, and ethics are part of.

As a Halloween costume? No, you're wrong. People weren't like you 50 years ago.No one was this sensitive.

Yeah the same generations that thought Elvis was offensive for shaking his hips weren't sensitive at all.

<YeahOKJen>

I don’t get it.

What’s wrong with going as the guy from Wolfenstein?

Yeah the same generations that thought Elvis was offensive for shaking his hips weren't sensitive at all.

<YeahOKJen>

There are massive double standards when people compare current culture to the past.

Sex was a different story. Not a fair comparison.
How is it not fair? We are talking about political correctness. Sexuality is a major part of political correctness.

North Jersey was not segregated, and they lived in a black/Italian neighborhood. My grandfather's partner on the police force was black.

LOL, I am from North Jersey too, and LOL at it not being segregated

<Dany07> <Dany07> <Dany07>

I dont doubt that your grandpa had black partner, but that does not mean our home state was not racist back then even in the 90s.

How is it not fair? We are talking about political correctness. Sexuality is a major part of political correctness.
The politically correct era of my grandparents time, thats what we're talking about, eh?

The complete and utter lack of judgement (at the very least) that it requires to dress a child as Hitler and take him to a community Halloween event probably does mean that this person should not be teaching children in a public school. If this is a representation of this person's level of awareness, a public school is not the place to work.

I think there are definitely times when our culture goes overboard with being PC. This is not one of them at all. Not everything is about PC, or being un-PC for da librul tears. Sometimes there is a level of decency and awareness that needs to be displayed.

Have you noticed that the same people who are okay with Hitler costumes on children, are the same people who were offended in that thread about the sexualized billboard thread? I think people do not always show much awareness. They are plenty offended by plenty of things. They just think they are justified in their own personal reasons for being offended.

Agreed. And as a grown up, you need to set a line the child can understand. Parenting is about giving kids choices and ideas, and by this healthy ones.

And if you happen to be in a position affecting people in your work, you need to be a good example. A teacher allowing this has poor judgement. I have a friend who was dating a former student when they met at a full moon party. He is not with her anymore, but I thought it was bad judgement by doing so. And it didn´t matter if she was 20, just the thought of him maybe having a secret flirt while she was a student.

There are massive double standards when people compare current culture to the past.

Yes and no. I think there was a nice 30-40 year window, where people lightened up. It appears we're regressing back to the ultra conservative days of the 50's, and even worse, because young people are getting in on it, whereas before they'd rebel against it. Its the victim Olympics out there.

Yes and no. I think there was a nice 30-40 year window, where people lightened up. It appears we're regressing back to the ultra conservative days of the 50's, and even worse, because young people are getting in on it, whereas before they'd rebel against it. Its the victim Olympics out there.
We’ve come a long way from “sticks and stones” that I grew up with.

LOL, I am from North Jersey too, and LOL at it not being segregated

<Dany07> <Dany07> <Dany07>

I dont doubt that your grandpa had black partner, but that does not mean our home state was not racist back then even in the 90s.

Lots of snark there, not sure why.

The fact is, North Jersey was not segregated. That's not an opinion, it's a fact. I didn't say anything about racism not being prevalent. In the 1960s racism was incredibly prevalent.

This is mostly true. There have always been elements of it in our culture though, throughout every era. I think it goes way overboard sometimes nowadays, but there were also eras when people were more sensitive about silly things, or accepting of things that should not be accepted.

The politically correct era of my grandparents time, thats what we're talking about, eh?

Yeah, it is. Right? You were talking about how your grandparents would never be offended by something silly like a costume. But that era was offended by something silly like Elvis dancing. We could come up with lots of ridiculous things they were offended by.

1. Italian on my fathers side. German/Spanish on my mothers.
2. 1970/80s

I was actually run out of a store and told they dont serve Hitler babies, my mother had her tires slashed, a brick thrown through our windows and my father and uncles used to get in a ton of fights with them.

German descent is the largest ancestry people claim in the US. Well that or Irish. Where did you live?

What a lousy thing to say. I guess you are not having a family. And I´m not surprised if you are voting Trump.

I don´t know at what age group this masquerade was targeted at. But if they are young, they should dress in outfits that fits their age and what they understand of the outer world. When having an event like this in kindergarten or early years of primary school, you should not as a parent dress your child like in Hitler or KKK. The kids don´t know what it is and it´s the parents who should know better.

When your are an adult, it´s up to you if you want to embarrass yourself with a dress like this.
I never said it was a good idea. But most kindergarten kids don't know who the fuck Hitler even is. People are just too fragile.

Lots of snark there, not sure why.

The fact is, North Jersey was not segregated. That's not an opinion, it's a fact. I didn't say anything about racism not being prevalent. In the 1960s racism was incredibly prevalent.

I did not mean to be too snarky. Even today North Jersey is quite segregated. All the dark skin people live in certain areas, and the light skinned (including east asians, and phillipinians who tend to be dark but that is okay) live in another.

Like Orange, or Paterson have like no white people. Pal Park, Leonia have few blacks. Now Hispanics and blacks are pushing into many of what was once blue collar white towns. And all the whites are moving elsewhere. The asians try to follow the whites.

I am. I think one of the biggest social issues right now over the top PC culture. A person doesn't deserve to be exiled from society for wearing a fucking costume. Stop being so soft, FFS.
This x1000.
It is nauseating how much of a weeping pussy so many people are nowadays.
Its a fucking costume.

Back