What's Wrong With The Current Generation Of Wrestlers?

Anyone under 185 he would for sure.

That's why I said:

When you read on youtube videos that prime Haku would destroy any MMA HW you have to roll your eyes. There's levels to these things.

I dare say most top MWs would take him too.

We used to pretend to hurt each other and the crowd thought it was real.

Now we really do hurt each other but the crowd knows it's fake.
What kind of fucked up psychology is that?

Marks stop being in the crowd and started entering the ring thinking this wasn't just a way to milk people out of money and thinking this is somehow a performance art.

No it's simulated combat that was entirely designed to grift people out of money. This was and always will be a carney business.

Wrestlers were all about having a good time and snorting coke and fucking ring rats back then. Now they play games and read comic books.

Video games don't help.

Workers falling in love with Big Dave don't help too.

A former top guy in WWE getting beat up against poor competition doesn't help.

26EC335C00000578-0-image-m-19_1427113002417.jpg

Phil Brooks MMA Stats, Pictures, News, Videos, Biography - Sherdog.com

Last edited:
On a related note...RIP Dirty Dick Slater.

He was the anti-Candido when it came to being cucked.

Wrestlers were all about having a good time and snorting coke and fucking ring rats back then. Now they play games and read comic books.

The tough guys from Harley's generation probably enjoyed games and comic books too. Then they grew up and became men. The games and comic books they'd outgrown became replaced with drinking, fucking and fighting. There's a generation now that isn't outgrowing the things they enjoyed doing when they were 10 years old.

Last edited:
For me there's too many segments, too much drama and not enough in ring entertainment.

The wrestlers are fine.

It's the booking and scripted promos that screw them.

The tough guys from Harley's generation probably enjoyed games and comic books too. Then they grew up and became men. The games and comic books they'd outgrown became replaced with drinking, fucking and fighting. There's a generation now that isn't outgrowing the things they enjoyed doing when they were 10 years old.
I think you might be on to something.

To add another Jim Cornette quote to the pile, in a shoot interview he said that NXT wrestlers are trained to be characters and not workers. So when the character doesn't work they don't know what to do next

Back