Locked TV Show Thread 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched the first 5 episodes of the Sons of Anarchy spinoff Mayans. So far, honestly it feels better than Sons was at the beginning but Sutter is STILL way too heavy handed with the sex and shit.
First Official Image of Ruby Rose as Batwoman

$
The hair color has already turned me off this show.

Still holding out hope (lo these many years!) for a decent treatment of Piers Anthony's Xanth series. Netflix, Amazon, bueller??

Dude, I'm finally getting caught up with The Punisher.... I'm really fucking liking this.

Every episode so far has been worth the watch.

@Dragonlordxxxxx What was your take on it?

Okay, I finished The Punisher. It just binged the last four episodes hard, and I have to say that it's amazing.

It didn't have quite as much punishing as I would have liked, but it made up for it in overall drama. This was some gooooood drama. The cinematography was great, the acting was great, and the plot was simple but that's not a bad thing.

I thoroughly enjoyed this. Top and bottom.

btw....
When Frank took that shot at the CIA guy when he walked up to that window, who else wasn't expecting that?

The mood and tension was so good, I was momentarily stunned when the shot hit the glass... and whatshisface didn't go down. I realized afterwards that there were still like 5 episodes left, but they did such a good job getting you engrossed into the scene that you actually believed dude was gonna die then.

Out of all the DC currently on the cw legends of tomorrow is my favorite

seems like netflix is cleaning house with it 's marvel shows ,luke cage just got cancelled jessica jones is probably next in retrospect the netflix marvel universe was a letdown
https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/l...r-two-seasons-on-netflix/ar-BBOCKC8?ocid=AMZN
I saw that.

In all honesty, they've basically all have been hit or miss.

Daredevil has been the best one, but even then the second season was up and down. It was at its best when Jon Bernthal or Elodie Yung were on the screen, but everything else wasn't as compelling. It was still overall a good series.

Jessica Jones' first season was good. I looooooved Tennant as Purple Man. But I started the second season yesterday, and I struggled to get through the first episode. It just wasn't very gripping. I stopped watching the moment I saw that horrific CGI when Jessica was chasing the chunky speedster. Hard to watch. I was about to come in here and say that before I saw you posted the LC article.

I am a little surprised about Luke Cage, though. Luke Cage's first half of the first season was great, and the second half was abysmal.... but it was still one of the most popular shows Netflix had ever at the time it first came out. I still haven't seen the second season, however.

Iron Fist was shit, though. Top and bottom. Start to finish. I wasn't shocked at all that it was cancelled. The Defenders (aka Iron Fist Part Two) was equally as shit.

One of the reasons we may be seeing the cancellations is because of the Disney streaming service coming.

Or they could just be cancelling Cage and IF and making a Heroes for Hire show.

One of the reasons we may be seeing the cancellations is because of the Disney streaming service coming.

You're right. Both of your explanations are plausible.

Dude, I'm finally getting caught up with The Punisher.... I'm really fucking liking this.

Every episode so far has been worth the watch.

@Dragonlordxxxxx What was your take on it?
I'm still stuck in episode 5 or 6 of The Punisher. It's not as boring as Luke Cage or Iron Fist but I'm not really a big fan of the series so far. Whenever they try to stretch or drag the episode, I notice it. Also not a big fan of talkative Frank Castle. Sometimes I feel like I'm just watching intense Jon Bernthal playing intense Jon Bernthal but that's just me I guess.

Netflix Announces Plans to Develop THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA TV and Film Series

1q3yGoh.jpg

Netlifx announced on Wednesday plans to create new series and film projects based on C.S. Lewis' beloved book series, The Chronicles of Narnia.

The streaming service is creating content based on Lewis' seven books in the franchise, including the late author's famous 1950 novel The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.

"It is wonderful to know that folks from all over are looking forward to seeing more of Narnia, and that the advances in production and distribution technology have made it possible for us to make Narnian adventures come to life all over the world," said Douglas Gresham, the writer's stepson, in a statement released by Netflix. "Netflix seems to be the very best medium with which to achieve this aim, and I am looking forward to working with them toward this goal."

Under the terms of a multiyear deal between Netflix and The C.S. Lewis Company, Netflix will develop classic stories from across the Narnia universe into multiple projects. All series and films produced through the deal will be Netflix productions, with Mark Gordon of Entertainment One (eOne) producing. Gresham and Vincent Sieber will serve as executive producers for the series and as producers for the films.

"C.S. Lewis’ beloved Chronicles of Narnia stories have resonated with generations of readers around the world," said Ted Sarandos, chief content officer of Netflix. "Families have fallen in love with characters like Aslan and the entire world of Narnia, and we’re thrilled to be their home for years to come."

To date, Lewis' Narnia books have sold more than 100 million copies globally and have been translated into more than 47 languages.

Netflix isn't the first to adapt Lewis' books for film and television. Disney released movie adaptations of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe and Prince Caspian in 2005 and 2008, respectively, while Fox released The Voyage of the Dawn Treader in 2010. Altogether, the trio of films grossed more than $1 billion internationally. The BBC produced a TV series based on the books as well, which aired throughout the 1980s.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...-series-films-based-chronicles-narnia-1148943
I loved the BBC live series a a kid (1988). I can't imagine Netflix not fuckign this up with identity politics though.

Obviously things are dated, but that 1988 series still very watchable, thanks to the love and care they put into it.

I'm still stuck in episode 5 or 6 of The Punisher. It's not as boring as Luke Cage or Iron Fist but I'm not really a big fan of the series so far. Whenever they try to stretch or drag the episode, I notice it. Also not a big fan of talkative Frank Castle. Sometimes I feel like I'm just watching intense Jon Bernthal playing intense Jon Bernthal but that's just me I guess.
That actually surprises me.

But whatever. Different strokes...

Naomi Watts to Star in GAME OF THRONES Prequel from HBO

BevcAMf.jpg

HBO has found the cornerstone of its Game of Thrones prequel. Two-time Oscar nominee Naomi Watts has been tapped to star in the as-yet untitled project from creator Jane Goldman and George R.R. Martin.

The drama, picked up to pilot in June, is set thousands of years before the events of the HBO flagship. The story chronicles the world's descent from the golden Age of Heroes into its darkest hour. A logline from the network teased the plot without divulging any specifics: "Only one thing is for sure: From the horrifying secrets of Westeros' history to the true origin of the White Walkers, the mysteries of the East to the Starks of legend — it's not the story we think we know."

Watts will play a charismatic socialite hiding a dark secret. The character's name is not being revealed.

The pilot is based on a story from Goldman and Martin, with the teleplay credited to Goldman. Goldman will also serve as showrunner. In addition to Goldman and Martin, executive producers on the series include current Game of Thrones producer Vince Gerardis, as well as Damages and Bloodline co-creator Daniel Zelman and Jim Danger Gray. Chris Symes will serve as a co-EP.

Goldman and Martin's Game of Thrones prequel is the first of several potential series set in the world of Westeros to move forward at HBO beyond the script phase. In May 2017, a multitude of writers were revealed by the pay cabler to be working on what Martin himself has described as "successor shows." Those writers include Goldman, Max Borenstein (Kong: Skull Island), Brian Helgeland (Legend), Carly Wray (Westworld) and Game of Thrones veteran Bryan Cogman. Game of Thrones creators and showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss are not involved in the successor show effort, focusing instead on the forthcoming final season of Game of Thrones after more than a decade spent wandering the world of the Seven Kingdoms.

Speaking previously with The Hollywood Reporter, HBO programming president Casey Bloys said that any Game of Thrones successors, if greenlighted, would not air "until at least a year after the final season." The exec also added that he did not expect every one of the scripts to move forward beyond the page.

For her part, Watts has earned two lead actress Oscar nominations (for 21 Grams and The Impossible) and also counts starring roles in such films as Mulholland Drive, King Kong and Birdman. On the TV side, her credits include Showtime's Twin Peaks revival and Netflix's Gypsy, the latter of which she also executive produced. The actress most recently starred in Ophelia and will next appear in Once Upon a Time in Staten Island, The Wolf Hour, Boss Level and Luce.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/naomi-watts-star-game-thrones-prequel-hbo-1155246

More or less, agree. I found the Punisher season ultimately a bit boring. Enjoyed the shit out of him in DD.

He just needs someone to fight.

Anyone seen the trailer for House of Cards?

I thought for sure it was gonna get cancelled. Having Underwood killed off screen is so unbelievably lame. Reminds me a lot of Two and Half Men.

Robin Wright is very very good but Spacey carried the show on his back, even after the script went to shit.

More likely that they don't wanna kill any hype on season 3 of Daredevil and season 3 of Jessica Jones had already been ordered.

In case someone wanted an update for the Nations of the World Song*.

* Dude did that in ONE TAKE!!

A new verse to cover all the nations that have sprung up since the song was first written. Hell yeah.

kbp6jjxzqzq11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back