Roman Reigns Resigns, Has Leukemia

wwkirk

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
WWE star Roman Reigns announces leukemia has returned, gives up Universal championship

"Pro wrestling star Roman Reigns stunned fans around the world Monday night when he announced that his leukemia had returned after more than a decade in remission.

"My real name is Joe, and I've been living with leukemia for 11 years," Reigns told the crowd at the top of World Wrestling Entertainment's "Monday Night Raw" show in Providence, R.I. "And unfortunately, it's back. And because the leukemia's back, I cannot fulfill my role ... and I'm gonna have to relinquish the Universal championship."

Vince going to some extreme measures to get Reigns over I see

Sucks to hear that....tho this may lead to him actually getting some cheers

He wasn't a transcendent talent for me, but I'm a fan, and never booed the guy. I was actually the only one cheering at the last live show I was at a couple years ago.. Time flies. I wish him the very best in beating this. Seems cool.

Dang...

Wow... I mean.. Just... Wow...

You never know what life will bring... I'm praying that he'll beat it again.

Most of the hate he gets is from how he's managed, not him personally. That's terrible to hear, pro wrestling seems to be a cursed profession. I was surprised to hear he already had it, you'd think they would have used that before to gain him favor. His career is definitely going to take an interesting twist after this, hopefully everything goes well, his future could be a lot brighter.

A bad day for The Shield fans. Damn, hope Roman beats it again.
How do they treat leukemia btw?

He wasn't a transcendent talent for me, but I'm a fan, and never booed the guy. I was actually the only one cheering at the last live show I was at a couple years ago.. Time flies. I wish him the very best in beating this. Seems cool.
I'm with you in that.
I'm in the UK.so that hate he seems to get in the states is unfounded.
But this is a shit deal for him and I really wish him and his folks all the best and hope he beats this ..

A bad day for The Shield fans. Damn, hope Roman beats it again.
How do they treat leukemia btw?

First time round its really expensive. He totally beat the odds being alive and having it in remission.

Second time round it’s like bankrupt Cena expensive therapy. Stem cell therapy and some drug combos, experimental stuff.

Brave fucking man. I don’t even want to write what the odds are.

Most of the hate he gets is from how he's managed, not him personally. That's terrible to hear, pro wrestling seems to be a cursed profession. I was surprised to hear he already had it, you'd think they would have used that before to gain him favor. His career is definitely going to take an interesting twist after this, hopefully everything goes well, his future could be a lot brighter.

I hated the booking, thought he was a bit of a prick but man, he’s got balls.

I hated the booking, thought he was a bit of a prick but man, he’s got balls.
If I worked hard, did what my company asked of me, and was told I wasn't good enough, I'd have an attitude towards my critics too. As opposed to a wrestling nerd like Omega, Roman is a casual who happens to be in the top position. I think he has a different set of values compared to the hardcore fans and he believes he deserves his place. I would never expect him to admit he shouldn't be there and someone else deserves it more.

giphy.gif

There's a lot of heart break in the thread.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/p...ution-on-sunday.3853423/page-8#post-145950347

He was never turning heel anyways.

Might as well be a cancer-beating baby face.

Back