Anime and Manga v39

I saw it talked about in here and then one of my friends mentioned it to me so I read Goblin Slayer, or whatever its called, it's interesting I guess but it feels like something is missing. For some reason it reminds me of a series(or at least all the chapters that were in English at the time) I read years ago by one of Miuras assistants, I wanna say it was called 'wolf something', where at times it was just gratuitous violence for the sake of violence. But I'll keep reading it and see where it goes.
It's nothing too crazy in terms of story. Just violence and battles really. Flavor of the month anime.

But the premise is pretty much in the name.

There's also a light novel.

I saw it talked about in here and then one of my friends mentioned it to me so I read Goblin Slayer, or whatever its called, it's interesting I guess but it feels like something is missing. For some reason it reminds me of a series(or at least all the chapters that were in English at the time) I read years ago by one of Miuras assistants, I wanna say it was called 'wolf something', where at times it was just gratuitous violence for the sake of violence. But I'll keep reading it and see where it goes.

Wolfmund. It was based on German or Swiss history or something I think. And yeah a lot of episodes were rather graphic or if not then just straight up misanthropic, depressing, and cruel.

It's nothing too crazy in terms of story. Just violence and battles really. Flavor of the month anime.

But the premise is pretty much in the name.

There's also a light novel.

You'd think it was the chosen series to supplant Berserk with how some fans go to bat for, but can't agree more. Only read the first chapters and that was more than enough for me to NOPE it hard. Wolfmund was no different. Both just felt so ugly in it's misanthropy and cruelty, but in Wolfmund's defense it was a historical(not sure if this is better or worse) while GS just feels like it for Shock value. Gets lots of Upvoted on Reddit and the like, but it's rating scores haven't changed much and a lot of reviewers were off put by the subject content.

Wolfsmund. Took place during the Swiss independence movement of the middle ages. It was relentlessly violent and depressing without any glimmer of hope. It was pointless nonsense.

At least in Goblin Slayer the main character wins and shows emotional growth, in Wolfsmund the good guys are always brutally murdered after a chapter or two.

Ok time for some levity from this depressing shit. Here's a picture by Kirioka Sana of a cute baby seal holding a fish as a birthday present.

Check out @sana_kirioka’s Tweet:

And if you haven't done so already, read Taisho Otome Otogibanashi. Yuzu is the definitive waifu.

The new OPM man was fun. I like that kids gadgets.

This week's ToG is fun. Miseng got to kick some ass, and Evankhell also uses orb shinsu.

Man, Oda has cranked up the pace with this arc. I have to wonder how many flashbacks he's going to throw in to grind it to a halt.

The Panel we've been waiting for . Luffy Meets Kaido

Has anyone been keeping up with Tokyo Ghoul? I can't remember the last time an Anime went from being so epic to such utter trash. From what I read online they are being rushed to finish it this season but there is so much stuff going on and with little to no setup at all. I had to read some of the story online just to make sense of all this nonsense.

Has anyone been keeping up with Tokyo Ghoul? I can't remember the last time an Anime went from being so epic to such utter trash. From what I read online they are being rushed to finish it this season but there is so much stuff going on and with little to no setup at all. I had to read some of the story online just to make sense of all this nonsense.
Me and my kids watched season 1. I never bothered after that while my kids just watch it like it's a chore.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...-as-a-slime-anime-adds-4-cast-members/.138660

Kazuma Sato from Konosuba is the derpy prince of the Lizardmen.

Lelouch is a sorcerous Demon Lord.

And Admiral Aokiji and Roronoa Zoro are a Demon Lord in a pimpin white suit and Evil Clown respectively.

Jesus between the animation quality, pacing, voicing, and overall atmosphere, studio 8bit is NOT fucking around with the quality of this show in the slightest and it pleases me a great deal.

Pretty nice week of content.

Thanks guys for keeping this thread alive.

May not mean much but the convos in the past and present are awesome. And Man, time sure goes by fast.

Have a great weekend brothers .

Pretty nice week of content.

Thanks guys for keeping this thread alive.

May not mean much but the convos in the past and present are awesome. And Man, time sure goes by fast.

Have a great weekend brothers .
I still find it surreal how long ago it's been since I joined and all of the shows that have come and gone and major events in series that have transpired.

Bwahahaha! I loved the old series, when I saw episode 1 of Tokyo ghoul re I couldn't believe what I was watching. Dropped it. Was wondering if I should give it another shot No thanks, I guess.

Ok...

Just read chapter 1240 - a private practice for Hajime No Ippo.

Loved it and it has me hoping for better days ahead for the series. Hope he doesnt drag this out for too long.

Ok...

Just read chapter 1240 - a private practice for Hajime No Ippo.

Loved it and it has me hoping for better days ahead for the series. Hope he doesnt drag this out for too long.
Great chapter.

Last page left me feeling gutted.

Takamura had some interesting expressions through out the chapter. Happy to see Ippo and Coach together but worried for both.

Great chapter.

Last page left me feeling gutted.

Takamura had some interesting expressions through out the chapter. Happy to see Ippo and Coach together but worried for both.

Totally agree.. guuuh. That’s why ippo will always be my favorite...

HorribleSubs review for this season's anime, thought I'd share it here.

"Best shows this season
Latest announcement
  1. SAO Alicization
  2. Bunny Girl Senpai
  3. Banana Fish
I'm sure Jojo is good but I have to restrain myself from watching a show with so many hot guys for I will commit a sin if I did. Slime is boring (so far). Goblin Slayer is your typical cheap "let's use rape to be shocking" show with horrendous animation"

Last edited:
Back