Topboxer 12oz Boxing Gloves

I own a pair of challenger 2.0 boxing gloves and I have wrist pain sometimes when I’m sparring the gloves just don’t feel very tight around the wrists they fit but I’m looking for gloves that are rediculous tight around the wrists something super tight I only want Velcro I tried on a pair of ringside apex they felt decent and also a pair of fighting gloves both were better feeling than mine I am looking for recommendations please I need help!! Within 150$ or lower

In my experience the best wrist support (apart from laceup or hybrid) come from gloves with a velcro strap that starts on the inside as opposed to outside of the cuff. It means you can really use leverage to tighten them up around your wrist.

I haven't tried them, but I like the look of the Top King Air for that reason. They are cheap as hell too.

I own a pair of challenger 2.0 boxing gloves and I have wrist pain sometimes when I’m sparring the gloves just don’t feel very tight around the wrists they fit but I’m looking for gloves that are rediculous tight around the wrists something super tight I only want Velcro I tried on a pair of ringside apex they felt decent and also a pair of fighting gloves both were better feeling than mine I am looking for recommendations please I need help!! Within 150$ or lower

Great review; with regards to them being quite stiff at first (maybe for people who stumble across this thread in future):

I've had my hands on lots of TopBoxer gloves lately, and some of them have been very stiff to start out with. I mean you get your hands on these gloves, and you would never think they could end up accommodating your hand as well as they do once you've broken them in. Obviously this depends on what people order of course, those Winning clones for example start pretty soft out the gate.

For the really stiff gloves that hurt when you first use them, I'd recommend stuffing them with socks or whatever else in order to stretch them out inside. And then just leave them like that all day. For multiple days. It might take a couple weeks of that kind of treatment, along with a few heavy bag rounds, before they're perfect. Also, if someone gets stiff TopBoxer gloves and you can't open the palm well, and if you want to be able to do that to parry shots etc, then just force them into positions where hte palm has to open. Fold the gloves in half with the backhand covering the cuff, then get a shoelace and tie it around the middle and leave it like that for a few days. Or more than a few days. Maybe whenever you're not using them, until they adjust. The glove will open up eventually. And again, with how stiff some of them start, you wouldn't think they'd end up opening up like they do, but they become super comfy in the end.

Nice one mate! I have wrist issues so I'm glad I didn't pull the trigger on the standard maroon winning clones on eBay. I may still do so, but I'll quiz him about wrist support thanks to you.
The problem with owning BGV9s is they're a tough act to follow, especially for the price. I'm having trouble finding sparring gloves of comparable quality and price...
Those Winning clones have quite soft padding throughout, you're right to hold back as they will not feel like the BGV9s in the wrist department whatsoever. You can however get TopBoxer to make gloves in any way you want them, so long as you're willing to put in the effort in communicating your desired specs.

I have a fractured wrist (permanent, will never heal) that I can aggravate if I land punches incorrectly. My wrists don't get sore otherwise. In the past I went through a period of time in which I had been assuming incorrectly that gloves which weren't very stiff around the wrist would be bad for me even though I eventually figured out that this wasn't the case. I think the ability to make a solid fist is the most important thing, and I found for myself that also having a little more flexibility at the wrist than was allowed by lace up Grants or Tokushus or the Fairtex BGL7s/BGV9s etc was a bit preferable for me personally in avoiding re-injuring my wrist, but everyone's different and I think my injury puts me in a small minority.

Great review; with regards to them being quite stiff at first (maybe for people who stumble across this thread in future):

I've had my hands on lots of TopBoxer gloves lately, and some of them have been very stiff to start out with. I mean you get your hands on these gloves, and you would never think they could end up accommodating your hand as well as they do once you've broken them in. Obviously this depends on what people order of course, those Winning clones for example start pretty soft out the gate.

For the really stiff gloves that hurt when you first use them, I'd recommend stuffing them with socks or whatever else in order to stretch them out inside. And then just leave them like that all day. For multiple days. It might take a couple weeks of that kind of treatment, along with a few heavy bag rounds, before they're perfect. Also, if someone gets stiff TopBoxer gloves and you can't open the palm well, and if you want to be able to do that to parry shots etc, then just force them into positions where hte palm has to open. Fold the gloves in half with the backhand covering the cuff, then get a shoelace and tie it around the middle and leave it like that for a few days. Or more than a few days. Maybe whenever you're not using them, until they adjust. The glove will open up eventually. And again, with how stiff some of them start, you wouldn't think they'd end up opening up like they do, but they become super comfy in the end.

Those Winning clones have quite soft padding throughout, you're right to hold back as they will not feel like the BGV9s in the wrist department whatsoever. You can however get TopBoxer to make gloves in any way you want them, so long as you're willing to put in the effort in communicating your desired specs.

I have a fractured wrist (permanent, will never heal) that I can aggravate if I land punches incorrectly. My wrists don't get sore otherwise. In the past I went through a period of time in which I had been assuming incorrectly that gloves which weren't very stiff around the wrist would be bad for me even though I eventually figured out that this wasn't the case. I think the ability to make a solid fist is the most important thing, and I found for myself that also having a little more flexibility at the wrist than was allowed by lace up Grants or Tokushus or the Fairtex BGL7s/BGV9s etc was a bit preferable for me personally in avoiding re-injuring my wrist, but everyone's different and I think my injury puts me in a small minority.

Cheers for the info! I agree about the fist closing being really important too and I learnt that the hard way. Of course, good wrapping is another often overlooked aspect which makes all the difference.
Having said that, I smashed my wrists up using BGV1s, then again in crappy Pakistani made gloves and managed to rehab them with BGV9s so I don't wanna take any chances...

Back