Is Heyman bad for the WWE ?

Robert Baratheon

Protector of the Realm.
@Blue
Reaction score
Ill preface this with i dont pay too much attention to the WWE but used to watch it a fair bit when Stone Cold was around.

To me Paul Heyman makes no sense and is bad for business. He is a grown man speaking for another grown man, especially someone like brock. It ruins the immersion because its feels stupid and contrived.
The whole Paul Bearer story made sense as Kane and Undertaker were supposed to mystical and he was the controller thats fine it makes sense for the storyline.
But to have a guy like Brock have some old man with a pony tail speak for him feels stupid imo. In contrast guys like the Rock, HHH and Stone cold, even Cena had/have it all the skills to be a superstar and rightly so.

Can any fans of Heyman help me understand the appeal ?

Ill preface this with i dont pay too much attention to the WWE but used to watch it a fair bit when Stone Cold was around.

To me Paul Heyman makes no sense and is bad for business. He is a grown man speaking for another grown man, especially someone like brock. It ruins the immersion because its feels stupid and contrived.
The whole Paul Bearer story made sense as Kane and Undertaker were supposed to mystical and he was the controller thats fine it makes sense for the storyline.
But to have a guy like Brock have some old man with a pony tail speak for him feels stupid imo. In contrast guys like the Rock, HHH and Stone cold, even Cena had/have it all the skills to be a superstar and rightly so.

Lesnar isn’t good on the mic ( so thinks WWE) that means he needs a mouthpiece to talk for him.

Have you heard Brock cut a long promo?

Heyman is needed.

I guess the question is why Brock is so important, It looks embaressing in my opinion.
surely hey could have invented a better way to market/present Brock than have Heyman be his mouthpiece, or just keep him use him like Big Show where he is more a physical specimen.

same reason rappers have hype men

I think you are trolling us here out of boredom acting like you dont get a managers purpose

Monsters are much more effective when they dont speak

Paul Heyman is what Dave Meltzer wants to be when he grows up.

By your own admission, you haven’t been a fan in nearly 20 years.

The WWE Universe need not justify anything to you.
<DisgustingHHH>

Managers are needed to put over workers better than they themselves can.

I guess the question is why Brock is so important, It looks embaressing in my opinion.
surely hey could have invented a better way to market/present Brock than have Heyman be his mouthpiece, or just keep him use him like Big Show where he is more a physical specimen.

Brock is still a very unique attraction. A guy who can legitimately kick the shit out of anyone on the roster, is a physical specimen, and has the nasty attitude to go with it. Its rare in today's WWE to have somebody who is so authentic. 99% of the roster are bad actors playing dress up. Brock is Brock. He's everything pro-wrestling is supposed to be. He allows the audience to suspend their disbelief, and buy into the fight they're selling.

Heyman is stale at this point.
Is that why the audience hangs on to his every word during his promos?

Dude is a BOSS on the mic, and should be utilized to teach others effective mic skills!

Is that why the audience hangs on to his every word during his promos?

Dude is a BOSS on the mic, and should be utilized to teach others effective mic skills!

Hang on his every word? Lol, no.

They just parrot him saying the same shit every time he gets the stick. Stale and boring now.

What the rest of the audience thinks doesn't matter much to me. It's my opinion and you don't have to like it.

Hang on his every word? Lol, no.

They just parrot him saying the same shit every time he gets the stick. Stale and boring now.

What the rest of the audience thinks doesn't matter much to me. It's my opinion and you don't have to like it.
You need to be ousted from The WWE Universe!

Thank God that he doesn't rely on Heyman as a mouthpiece in UFC or else we would have missed out on classics like the post-fight promo at 100 about getting on top of his wife, the "I'm a jacked white boy. Deal with it" line, and of course:

<CanYouSeeMeNow>

Heyman has gotten stale, but I still think he's a good fit for Brock. He speaks well and what I think is an underappreciated part of what he does is making the few times Brock does speak seem that much more important.

Thank God that he doesn't rely on Heyman as a mouthpiece in UFC or else we would have missed out on classics like the post-fight promo at 100 about getting on top of his wife, the "I'm a jacked white boy. Deal with it" line, and of course:

<CanYouSeeMeNow>
Cant make Chicken shit out of Chicken salad.

Back