Photos of my New Sporting 14oz Floyd-Conor themed gloves:

Can you let us know how you get on with these? Also how they compare to other gloves that you have used.

Do they speak English??

Initial review just added in the original post!

I went with the straight cuff (instead of the usual triple rib cuff) that is typically used on pro fight gloves, and paid a bit more to have an extra 1cm of soft latex added as the very inner layer to replicate Floyd's preference of orthopedic Grants that he does in both his training and fight gloves.

Now I don't know if this is 100% true; but I hear that New Sporting used to (or still does) manufacture for Grant.

EDIT 7/6/2018: Well they have arrived and I got a chance to log 10 heavybag rounds!

First impressions:

i would have to rate them a 10/10!

Before opening the box, I could smell the strong metallic like leather lol .

Weight: both 17.3oz. Not surprised since Mexican gloves usually come in a little heavier. Take into account of the extra padding I requested . They would have probably been around 16oz if not for this.

They fit similar to a 14oz Reyes but with a straight thumb similar to a Sabas ProSeries/Prime. Easily make a fist in them. Excellent.

The liner is very smooth, which I hear is the only difference to actual Grants, which has a rough liner .

There's a very comfortable piece of padding patch at the finger tips inside the gloves . I have no idea what that is but it was the same as Sabas Prime.

The padding is excellent, pops like Reyes but more protective (less shock) probably due to the extra 1cm soft natural latex padding I requested.

Speaking of Reyes, I was told by New Sporting that they no longer use natural latex (which New Sporting uses) and now use synthetic latex in their training gloves.

This leads to less durability due to sweat breaking down synthetic latex easier, in addition to trapping heat easier.

This is sad, as Reyes have always known to be champion of the durability market.

That is all for now. Any questions are welcome.

5MsRXEB.jpg

5MsRXEB.jpg

KfFlhr6.jpg

QtGQqxQ.jpg

VvlBcAm.jpg

How do you rate the quality vs other gloves you have owned in terms of the leather and workmanship etc. I guess what I am trying to say is how will these compare to my Cleto Reyes for example.

How do you rate the quality vs other gloves you have owned in terms of the leather and workmanship etc. I guess what I am trying to say is how will these compare to my Cleto Reyes for example.

The craftsmanship is top notch that's for sure. Comparable to Reyes/Winning. The leather seems a bit grainy compared to the smoothness of Reyes/Winning leathers. I have no idea if this has to do with the metallic colors, but they definitely seem high quality.

Though to be honest I generally can't really tell the differences on leather qualities; I just know it isn't as smooth, but they definitely feel tough/study.

@deh707 , I'm not sure if you have answer this, but could use New Sporting gloves for sparring or are the padding a bit stiff?

@deh707 , I'm not sure if you have answer this, but could use New Sporting gloves for sparring or are the padding a bit stiff?

Yeah it should be fine. It's practically the same as Reyes, maybe a bit softer.

They're supposed to be 99% similar to Grants, with the padding and leather being completely identical.

You pleases you went for the extra padding or you think not really needed

You pleases you went for the extra padding or you think not really needed

Yeah I like it, especially with the way it was structured, soft layer as the first layer to make contact with the knuckles, so it's comfortable right away.

Without it, it would be a bit denser as the knuckles would be making contact with the default padding (standard natural latex as opposed to soft natural latex).

I prefer this over simply having more of the default padding (which is probably the method of the Cleto Reyes Extra Padding model).

But it's probably not really needed... It's a personal preference thing really.

I also figure that with more padding = more overall durability.

Thanks think I will order a pair at some point just asking around UK friends if they want a put so we can get two to save on postage

Beautiful gloves! Thanks for sharing. I never knew about this brand. Really need another set of gloves like I need a hole in the head, but the gear junkie in me is celebrating lol

@deh707 Nice looking gloves mate. How are the gloves holding up?
How did you find the hand compartment and are these gloves bulky? I am planning to buy one mostly for bag work and fitness training. I don't do sparring but might think about it in the future. I like compact gloves and i am confused between 2B model 12oz and 14oz.

@deh707 Nice looking gloves mate. How are the gloves holding up?
How did you find the hand compartment and are these gloves bulky? I am planning to buy one mostly for bag work and fitness training. I don't do sparring but might think about it in the future. I like compact gloves and i am confused between 2B model 12oz and 14oz.

They are holding up extremely well. As expected of top tier Mexican craftsmanship .

The hand compartment is pretty snug .

You will be fine with either 12oz or 14oz if it's just for bagwork .

@deh707 Do the cuffs feel a bit longer? The purpose of them is for extra wrist protection but I don't like when the gloves ride up to my elbow. I once had 14oz sabas supersoft it was kind of bulky gloves but the hand compartment was too snug.
Have you got any other gloves to compare the size of the gloves? Do you think 12oz will make that much of a difference in terms on size and profile of the glove?

Awesome gloves.

I

Weight: both 17.3oz. Not surprised since Mexican gloves usually come in a little heavier.
I agree Mexican gloves often come in heavy, but, I'm just curious what you think the reason is behind that?

They are holding up extremely well. As expected of top tier Mexican craftsmanship .

The hand compartment is pretty snug .

You will be fine with either 12oz or 14oz if it's just for bagwork .

Can you please list the measurements (length and width) of the gloves if possible?

Mine were shipped last Friday and arrived in Canada last Monday. So 3 days, which is really good. Did not like the 19$ customs charge tho. Also I guess Canadian customs agents are a bit paranoid with packages from Mexici because they inspected it lol. The incomplete address on the tag probably did not helped . Had to call DHL so they could deliver it. So that's confirm the unreliable postale service in Mexico, because I sent my complete address like 3 times to make sure they had it right.

The gloves are beautiful and really comfy. Don't know if it was customs or I was unlucky, but I had a bad thread that was coming undone and a tiny rip on the liner. Both near each other. Took the gloves to a cobbler and the thread is now fixed. I will fix the liner myself.

So in total they cost me 200$ cnd. Better then 600$ Grant lol

Don't know if it was customs or I was unlucky, but I had a bad thread that was coming undone and a tiny rip on the liner. Both near each other. Took the gloves to a cobbler and the thread is now fixed. I will fix the liner myself.
They were probably looking to see if there was any cocaine stashed in the glove...

Back