Does anyone here feel like the original UFC was much more real?

MMAart

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Does anyone here feel like the original UFC was much more real than the current watered down, pacified UFC with all the fake WWE, social media drama?

AS REAL AS IT GETS BRO

B1C619F3-D488-469A-8DE0-EB5205F91535.gif

Yes

VbPMkm.gif

Pride never die

UFC is dying

If your definition of real is watching a bunch of one dimensional roided fighters gas after one round, then sure.

Ya, I get it. Todays fighters ask for more, fight less, and pull out often.

Buts thats what happens when the competion increases and more is at stake.

Anyone remember the first time it actually looked like someone did die in the ring? I think it was when Tank beat Nelmark. I imagine ringside the view was devastating because Nelmark’s body dropped like a sack of potatoes.
200.gif

Oh and this.

Edit

Last edited:
They didn't call it Human Cockfighting for nothing...

No not really i just think the UFC has way too many fighters under contract (monopoly) causing all these watered down cards.

I get really nostalgic whenever I see the Xyience and Tapout logos on the octagon during old replays and highlights.

UFC 1-10 were fucking sweet, I still watch them rather frequently.

I mean it was closer to a "real fight" in the sense that there were little to no rules. No rounds, no judges, and pretty much anything goes.

It wasn't more real in the sense of being mixed martial arts. What we see today is at a far higher level because the skill sets are more well rounded. Back then guys that were black belts in Roidkwondo at their local gym would step in the cage. Fair point if you are about to bring up CM Punk. But outside of that today is more "real" mixed martial arts.

UFC 1-10 were fucking sweet, I still watch them rather frequently.

I get that adrenaline rush when watching the old UFC fights. I don't get that with most of the UFC fights nowadays, except for a few big fights like Khabib vs. Conor, Jones, Romero, Vitor, and a few others.

I mean it was closer to a "real fight" in the sense that there were little to no rules. No rounds, no judges, and pretty much anything goes.

It wasn't more real in the sense of being mixed martial arts. What we see today is at a far higher level because the skill sets are more well rounded. Back then guys that were black belts in Roidkwondo at their local gym would step in the cage. Fair point if you are about to bring up CM Punk. But outside of that today is more "real" mixed martial arts.

I'm not talking about the skills of the fighters. Obviously, the sport progressed and evolved in terms of techniques. However, the fights themselves nowadays lack that "x factor" (for a lack of a better word), that give them the vibe of watching real fights by real martial artists / fighters.

It's like watching the original Terminator 1 and 2 film that were truly masterpieces (despite their lack of cgi) compared to the rubbish that is the Terminator sequels, with all the cgi and forced acting.

Anyone remember the first time it actually looked like someone did die in the ring? I think it was when Tank beat Nelmark. I imagine ringside the view was devastating because Nelmark’s body dropped like a sack of potatoes.

Oh and this.

Yeah, timestamped @1:05

Yeah I can't stand the out of cage stuff, but the fighters are getting more technical so that's a give and take. There weren't Max Holloway's and TJ Dillashaw's running around in the old days.

Back