Salary Negotiation

Bme26

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I was recently offered a position and decided to counter the offer with an approx 10% increase in the salary they offered me. Mind you, I went through 2 interviews all within a week and in my last interview the person kept expressing how happy she was that they had met me as candidate. I therefore reached out to a career counselor from my university, as well as 2 other personal contacts who are seasoned in HR and recruiting and per the feedback, I felt there was a good opportunity to ask for more.

Following the call where I made the counter, I did not receive a response for a little over a week until I followed up a couple days ago to which the recruiter responded that it’s still being discussed by upper management.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation? I think I may have shot myself in the foot and kind of regret making the counter.

Send a dick pic to the HR girl to show you mean business

Regret nothing. Going through recruiters is tough negotiation because they always get a slice of the pie and don't have to restrict themselves to just you as a candidate.

Be patient and keep your ears open.

Send a dick pic to the HR girl to show you mean business
i was gonna actually suggest ts to walk into his managers/bosses office and flop his dick onto the table to show how serious he is about wanting a raise.

On this life you don't get what you deserve, you only get what you negotiate.

i was gonna actually suggest ts to walk into his managers/bosses office and flop his dick onto the table to show how serious he is about wanting a raise.
Thats a great idea, but in most places its after hours right now... if he's serious, something like this shouldn't wait till the morning

but in the morning you can still sport your morning wood.

i think there is never an inappropriate time to do that. or so ive been told.

It’s how I begin every meeting to be honest. Whether that’s a board meeting, job interview, conversation with my dad, or whatever.

U shouldn't have called that shows weakness.

I kind of agree. Thing is this damn recruiter just doesn’t seem real competent. It was kind of my way of making sure he’s on the ball.

but in the morning you can still sport your morning wood.

i think there is never an inappropriate time to do that. or so ive been told.
<[analyzed}>
That is a valid point you have.

TS, in the morning, get dressed up in your Sunday best, march right in there, drop trow, and present baby arm

U shouldn't have called that shows weakness.
A friend of mine went to 2 job interviews for a startup company funded by Cannon, even though he killed the interviews he didn't get call for about a month, he reached back in two occasions, finally they reached back to him apologizing that they were so busy they lost him in the applications, and he got hired.

A friend of mine went to 2 job interviews for a startup company funded by Cannon, even though he killed the interviews he didn't get call for about a month, he reached back in two occasions, finally they reached back to him apologizing that they were so busy they lost him in the applications, and he got hired.

Calling after an interview is fine...that's called following up. Calling after negotiations shows weakness...doesn't mean it won't work out, just saying

Calling after an interview is fine...that's called following up. Calling after negotiations shows weakness...doesn't mean it won't work out, just saying

Thing is at this point, I would probably accept their original offer, but I know it’s past the point of me just giving in and would be a bad look when I work there

Thing is at this point, I would probably accept their original offer, but I know it’s probably past the point of me just giving in

Nah stick to your guns...if they really want you they will counter offer.

I was recently offered a position and decided to counter the offer with an approx 10% increase in the salary they offered me. Mind you, I went through 2 interviews all within a week and in my last interview the person kept expressing how happy she was that they had met me as candidate. I therefore reached out to a career counselor from my university, as well as 2 other personal contacts who are seasoned in HR and recruiting and per the feedback, I felt there was a good opportunity to ask for more.

Following the call where I made the counter, I did not receive a response for a little over a week until I followed up a couple days ago to which the recruiter responded that it’s still being discussed by upper management.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation? I think I may have shot myself in the foot and kind of regret making the counter.
I’ve been in a similar scenario quite a few times. Just play it cool. At this point you are the best candidate that’s why they offered you the job. You may have caused them to look back through their pool. But let’s be real if this job was a “reach” you would have just taken it. So if to make it worth it you have a number, they should work with you. They might come back with a 5% increase or $1,000 increase. Or they may decide they can’t go up at all. But typically, they will express that before offering the job to someone else

this shits me, its a negotiation period! Yet it is drummed into our heads that we must accept what ever they give us.

Good job TS you definitely did the right thing, if your worth more ask. I did this with my current role and got a extra 15k per year simply by asking.

good luck. I just got done with negotiating my own contract. Took a month. 10k increase. worth it.

i recently changed jobs, slightly different negotiation process.

how much do you want?

ummmmm xxx,xxx

ok, cool.

so i was like, hang on..... how far under crazy was i lol

i mean i asked for an amount i was really happy with, like 50% increase, but ya never know etc

Back