Does anyone here feel like the original UFC was much more real?

Absolutely

No weight classes
Elimination style
Broken hands
True style v style match ups

I actually wish they had a league where it pitted true style v style match ups, those were always interesting.
You mean a league where they only took fighters who refused to learn how to fight?

Maybe a less professional scene is more your thing. Back in the days, it was marketed as dangerous. The fighters didn't really know exactly what to expect, which led to a lot excitement.

Today it's a totally different sport, the sport of mixed martial arts. We now have athletes that have trained in all disciplines since their youth. The fights are more technical and skillful, less frantic and chaotic.
Ironically, today’s fighters live fighting a lot more. They don’t just show up for a tournament.

I think 2000-2010 were the golden years of all MMA. The UFC before that was still very intriguing to watch.

It's watered down for sure. Far too many cards, and especially far too many fights per card. I still get the same goosebumps once in a while though, although admittedly the goosebumps only come a few times a year... which would be about the same frequency as when there were only a few cards a year. So, in a nutshell, meh.

Lol. Yeah, the best was when we had point fighting karate or kickboxing with no low kicks. You’re nostalgia for “real” martial arts pre-mma should have been destroyed when the traditional arts were destroyed in real fighting.....

kflo dood, the term "REAL" Martist Artis is in reference to UFC1 or the underground cage fighting it was or is not like medieval times where you sign a "Death Weaver" a fight to death LoL.

Also the majority of fighters were actual trained martial artist from various styles, key word "TRAINED"!

Where now you have guys that just train on MMA skills have no real depth of Martial Art training or knowledge yet alone the bone and other necessary body conditioning, think what you like its my view my reply.

Realistically a Martial Artist in ancient say Japanese Samaurai's were the forefront of their military might and legendary....... its 2018 so many Martial Art Practices are illegal in the modern age and many practices no longer taught in Dojos and kwoons.

Todays combat sports is just pathetic to say the least!

Get educated at least...........

Last edited:
kflo dood, the term "REAL" Martist Artis is in reference to UFC1 or the underground cage fighting it was or is not like medieval times where you sign a weaver a fight to death LoL.

Also the majority of fighters were actual trained martial artist from various styles, key word "TRAINED"!

Where now you have guys that just train on MMA skills have no real depth of Martial Art training or knowledge yet alone the bone and other necessary body conditioning, think what you like its my view my reply.

Realistically a Martial Artist in ancient say Japanese Samaurai's where the forefront of their military might and legendary....... its 2018 so many Martial Art Practices are illegal in the modern age and many practices no longer taught in Dojos and kwoons.

Todays combat sports is just pathetic to say the least!

Get educated at least...........

You’re clueless.

Again mma is just a term for fighting competition with fewer rules. Martial arts are practices. But they can only be tested in open competition. Depth of martial arts training? What on earth are you talking about?

yes, it was the best fight the best
if you cry because you stub your toe, the show goes on without you
no USADA bullshit
no rules no time limits no weight class

just full on fucking bang bro
it's not even about the money, it's showing up to see who is THE BEST

now UFC is bunch of other sport rejects prostituting themselves to try to get beat up by floyd mayweather sad shit

Bj penn got a title shot in his first ww fight. He chose to not defend. Randy got title shots in higher divisions coming off losses. Tito ducked the top contender for a long time. Dang. It ain’t like it used to be....
Well your first sentence is misleading and your second sentence is wrong. So you have zero credibility and educated people won’t read the rest.

Tip: If you don’t know what you’re talking about then just STFU.

If your definition of real is watching a bunch of one dimensional roided fighters gas after one round, then sure.

Ya, I get it. Todays fighters ask for more, fight less, and pull out often.

Buts thats what happens when the competion increases and more is at stake.

Reality hits type post.

I get that adrenaline rush when watching the old UFC fights. I don't get that with most of the UFC fights nowadays, except for a few big fights like Khabib vs. Conor, Jones, Romero, Vitor, and a few others.

The big fights are better these days, but there's alot of filler. I tend to skip alot of cards these days, I just can get invested in it when there's fights every week

TS slowly moving out of his MMA fad

You’re clueless.

Again mma is just a term for fighting competition with fewer rules. Martial arts are practices. But they can only be tested in open competition. Depth of martial arts training? What on earth are you talking about?

Smiley11-1.gif~c200

Guy, go and play with your UFC gloves stop pestering.

Todays martial arts in the western understanding can't be compared to ancient warriors not even close.

Today is just a sport if that.............. in past they trained the body to be like an "IRON BAR"!

Go keep arguing if you like.................

Well your first sentence is misleading and your second sentence is wrong. So you have zero credibility and educated people won’t read the rest.

Tip: If you don’t know what you’re talking about then just STFU.
Lol. Everything I said was factual. But keep longing for those days and claiming it was so different if u wish.

Smiley11-1.gif~c200

Guy, go an d play with your UFC gloves stop pestering.

Todays martial arts in the western understanding can't be compared to ancient warriors not even close.

Today is just a sport if that.............. in past they trained the body to be like an IRON BAR!

Go keep arguing if you like.................

Lo fuckin l.

Test it. Don’t just condition your body. You have to test it. Fool.

Lo fuckin l.

Test it. Don’t just condition your body. You have to test it. Fool.

Smiley11-1.gif~c200

You just proved my point!

You said, "Test it"...hes says.... LoL....... bye bye

Last edited:
I love current MMA, but early MMA is my favorite era. It did feel more real. Once there were more than a couple of weight classes, it became a sport.
One thing I do strongly dislike is the 265 HW limit. If the HW champ is the baddest man in the world, why is he being protected against bigger and potentially stronger men?
I do think this will go away one day, when there is a real prospect who wants to fight and can’t make 265, like if young Shaq was a born fighter.

Last edited:
It was like I prefer the middle era like UFC about 10 years ago when I use to watch every card and they didn't have 15 division and 1000 fighters.

The one glove fighter was as real as it got!

The early events barely had any rules. These days many fighters are like athletes and know how to play the rules which makes the fights feel less real.

Definitely agree. I'll add the cage strategy has really evolved MMA in general. By that I mean literally using the cage as an advantage during the fight.

So TS yeah it doesn't feel exactly like the side show it once was. More refined, allot more money, it's almost professional but still hinges on compete shit show of pure entertainment at the expense of people willing to be punched in the face. So on some regards it's the same.

Back