Ben Askren says he is better than Khabib!

They are about the same size & weight. Let's see Khabib step up.
Agreed. Khabib has no issue peacocking about a win over a FW when he himself has missed LW so many times over the years.

Let's see him go take on one of the top guys in the weight class above him. No catchweight bullshit, either. I'm not even asking for Tyron. Just Ben. Let's see it, Khabib, if you're so great.

has no one here ever seen kabob box?

how does he have a striking advantage?

over anyone??

because a flash knockdown 1 time in his last fight??

neither guy is known for great striking,

but to assume either has an advantage standing is just a guess at best.

He is scared of Lawler how the fuck is he going to beat Khabib?

has no one here ever seen kabob box?

how does he have a striking advantage?

over anyone??

because a flash knockdown 1 time in his last fight??

neither guy is known for great striking,

but to assume either has an advantage standing is just a guess at best.

Khabib has better hands than Ben. He just does. He's not a good striker but he's better than Ben. Clearly.

Keep in mind I just broke down why I don't think that matters and why I absolutely think Askren would beat Khabib in an MMA fight.

But if they fought boxing or kickboxing Khabib would be a big favorite for sure.

Sometimes they do, IF both grapplers are content to strike. That isn't Askren, he will doggedly pursue the TD nonstop. It's just who he is. And if he has any success at all (and as the better wrestler he likely would-not guaranteed but more likely than not) that will have Khabib tiring far more quickly.

Look at Jake Shields vs Demien Maia. Jake was the one being aggressive with his TD's and forcing grappling exchanges, putting Maia on his back and easily winning a decision. That is similar to how I see this fight playing out with Askren being the less well rounded fighter but being the better more aggressive wrestler and dictating the fight.

Damian is a gd bjj legend, but his wrestling is just good, not great.

Why don't you focus on getting a W in the UFC Ben.

Then you start calling out whomever.

Even an old Robbie Lawler is still a killer. Bens training partner beat him because he's evolved into a solid striker.. quirky but effective. While Ben hasn't shown anything great in that department. If Robbie stuffs his TDs it's going to be a rough night for funky.

Khabib has better hands than Ben. He just does. He's not a good striker but he's better than Ben. Clearly

Keep in mind I just broke down why I don't think that matters and why I absolutely think Askren would beat Khabib in an MMA fight.

But if they fought boxing or kickboxing Khabib would be a big favorite for sure.

he may have better hands but Rhonda smokes them both lol

I think without the takedown threat in boxing or kickboxing

both of them lose to ronda <Moves>

Be fun to watch at 165.

Hope it happens.

Calling out guys in different weight classes? Hmmm..

His wrestling and his top control are likely a bit better(in MMA) but I think the match up favors Khabib who has much better striking and has shown more striking power both standing and on the ground.
Lol Khabib and power should not be in same sentance Kevin lee has way better Gnp look at Edson after Lee

I haven’t seen much of Askren. Would you say Lawler would be his best win or would that be Lima or someone else?

His wrestling and his top control are likely a bit better(in MMA) but I think the match up favors Khabib who has much better striking and has shown more striking power both standing and on the ground.

Account name checks out, good for you!

What do you think?
I wonder why he ain’t challenging guys his own size...

Nigerian guy Usman
Maia
Ponzinibio / magny winner
Stephens

At least he tangos with lawyer so we will see

Khabib is actually heavier than Askren, he walks around at 195 pounds and Askren walks around ''between 183 and 187 pounds''. Askren just doesn't want to be hospitalized or go into seizures like Khabib does cutting all that weight.
It could be that he doesn't want to be hospitalized or have seizures like Khabib has.

An olympic level wrestler who is a master at cutting weight and has been doing it at the highest level his entire life does not want to cut down to 155, even though he can do so according to your retarded logic, and win the belt? Or maybe you're implying that Khabib is better at cutting weight than Askren, since he's "heavier"?

Lmao, you're both brain-dead dumbfucks.

Damian is a gd bjj legend, but his wrestling is just good, not great.

His MMA wrestling is better than that. At WW before he got old he took down almost everyone he tried to.

An olympic level wrestler who is a master at cutting weight and has been doing it at the highest level his entire life does not want to cut down to 155, even though he can do so according to your retarded logic, and win the belt? Or maybe you're implying that Khabib is better at cutting weight than Askren, since he's "heavier"?

Lmao, you're both brain-dead dumbfucks.

You have serious reading comprehension issues. And like a 12 year old you resort to name calling as your immediate defense mechanism.

As I said, it is possible that Askren believes he can make 155, but doesn't believe having all the issues that Khabib has had (being hospitalized, having seizures) is worth it. Some people actually value their health. I never even said Askren was heavier, I'd imagine they are roughly the same size but I don't know for sure.

Do you deny Khabib has had these issues, which are serious red flags from a health perspective? Do you think maybe someone who's cut weight and long as Askren has maybe knows his body and has decided "I'm not gonna do that to myself, it's not worth it long term."

Instead of getting your panties wadded up and trying to be combative with everyone, fucking use some critical thinking. You take it personally if everyone doesn't worship Khabib like you do, and there's no reason to. FFS...

Lol Khabib and power should not be in same sentance Kevin lee has way better Gnp look at Edson after Lee

You must be a huge Kevin Lee fan and a bit insecure to bring Kevin Lee into a post comparing Khabib and Asrken. Lee is a much better dancer than Khabib but he's not as good of a fighter.

tenor.gif

His notable wins are Koreshkov and Lima and a washed out Aoki, this is is the big league.
Lawler is going to knock him out stiff.

There's only one way to find out - fight.

I think Khabib will be fine but I wouldn't mind Askren as a challenge for Khabib on his way to goat status. But there are better fights for Khabib - Tony, GSP and Woodley would mean much more for his legacy.

Back