Anderson Silva's record vs Mousasi's record

Yeah, fighting is easy unless a fancy clothing accessory is on the line. Mousasi doesn’t have that kind of mental fortitude to be a real dominant champion, like say Joanna Jedrzesczyk

Never said easy

Ask any competitor in any sport, when “the fancy whatever you wanna call it” is on the line, its increases pressure surrounding the affair.

Beaten prime Anderson easily? Come on man you're massively underestimating how dominant Silva was at his best. Hall is not a better striker than Griffin, Henderson, TRT vitor, Rick Franklin. Did you watch MMA when Silva was at his peak? Man was in the matrix.
I have been watching MMA for almost 15 years. Anderson's streak was awesome at the time, but hasn't aged well. Uriah Hall is a better striker than Griffin and I hate to say it, but Franklin as well. The fighters nowadays are a lot better than fighters back then I'm. I see what you mean and you make a good case, I just think when people talk about Anderson's streak they get caught up in nostalgia. Imo, prime Anderson loses to Whittaker, Romero, Jacare, Mousasi, Adesanya, and possibly prime Melvin Manhoef.

I think what's happening in MMA is similar to what happened in boxing and no one wants to admit it. Everyone says the GOAT boxer is Ali or Robinson when they would get starched by fighters now.

Never said easy

Ask any competitor in any sport, when “the fancy whatever you wanna call it” is on the line, its increases pressure surrounding the affair.
Eh, alright. I shouldn’t have singled you out, just happened to be the post I replied to, it’s the attitude in this thread of Anderson 10 belts, Mousasi 0 belts that I found off putting. Especially since we do actually agree on the premise of the thread. I rate Anderson higher than Mousasi all time because his peak was higher, there was a significant period of time where he seemed truly untouchable at MW, like even lasting into the third round would be an accomplishment, I just meant to say that I value that more than the number of belts and defenses

I'm more just looking at Gegard's overall career. Beating Carvalho and MacDonald were solid additions to what was already an impressive 50+ fight career.
MacDonald is not really a solid MW win. Carvalho's a better MW than Rory. It's a massive waste of talent that Mousasi isn't competing against Jacare, Romero, the Reaper, The Stylebender etc.

Mous and it's not even close... Silva is a journeyman.

Mousasi was schooled in the standup by a jiujitsu guy in Jacaré, and he also was dominated for FIVE FREAKING ROUNDS by Lyoto Machida,
whom everyone has always said that was inferior to Anderson in their prime;

I have no doubt in my mind that Mousasi's chin would be cracked by prime Anderson, and he would make look easy

I have been watching MMA for almost 15 years. Anderson's streak was awesome at the time, but hasn't aged well. Uriah Hall is a better striker than Griffin and I hate to say it, but Franklin as well. The fighters nowadays are a lot better than fighters back then I'm. I see what you mean and you make a good case, I just think when people talk about Anderson's streak they get caught up in nostalgia. Imo, prime Anderson loses to Whittaker, Romero, Jacare, Mousasi, Adesanya, and possibly prime Melvin Manhoef.

I think what's happening in MMA is similar to what happened in boxing and no one wants to admit it. Everyone says the GOAT boxer is Ali or Robinson when they would get starched by fighters now.

True!
"The fighters nowadays are a lot better than fighters back then I'm"

Silva had 10 UFC title defenses

Moose has no title bouts, wins or defenses in the UFC.

That pretty much explains it. I like Moose and I wish he could of stayed in the UFC. I think eventually he would of won the MW title.

Again, quality of opponents...

Silva defended against:
- Marquandt - decent fighter, but many losses, even in his prime, clearly beatable
- Rich - top fighter
- Hendo - top fighter
- Lutter - come on!
- Cote - cote on!
- Irwin - come on!
- Leites - come on!
- Maia - one of the shittiest fights in UFC
- Chael - decent fighter who lost because of his own poor fight IQ
- Vitor - I know Vitor has many fans here, but the man had many losses, including in his prime
- Okami - good record, not the best quality wins

Don't get me wrong, Silva defended against some good fighters (and against not so good fighters), but not undefeated monsters.
And I don't see how his wins are better than Mousasi's, just because he defended and Mousasi didn't. Mousasi has Jacare, Manhoeuf, Hunt, Goodridge, Sobral, OSP, Latifi, Munoz, Vitor, Leites, Weidman, Hall, Lombard, Rory, Shlemenko, Hendo and a few others. Same, some top fighters, some good ones, some not that good but decent...
Both beat Leites and Vitor, but wow, Silva defended against them... that matters so much!
Mousasi is almost 10 years younger, has more wins, less losses, never popped for steroids, fought at MW, LHW, HW, OW you name it.

Also, it amuses me that people are calling GSP a coward because he didn't go up in weight to fight Silva, but they don;t say shit about Silva not challenging Jones, an undefeated monster lacking from his resume...

james3.gif

But he lost to Uriah Hall, Machida and Jacare allegedly during his prime. You're suggesting a prime Silva would have lost to the aforementioned trio?

Well, he didn't beat any of them so it's definitely possible obviously.

Mousasi fought at every weight, and didn't need to take dick pills.

Silva beat prime Hendo and Vitor, Moose beat up their corpes.

The fact that the old men versions of those guys are in Gegard's list proves how dumb the question is.

Silva's record is much better and prime vs. Prime would destroy Gegard.

Well aware of that. But I want to know your opinion about the quality of their opponents.

Same for D'z
Most Moose big wins were over-the-hill fighters

giphy.gif

Silva beat prime Hendo and Vitor, Moose beat up their corpes.

The fact that the old men versions of those guys are in Gegard's list proves how dumb the question is.

Silva's record is much better and prime vs. Prime would destroy Gegard.
Hendo was 38 vs Spider, quite problematic.. Good luck if u wanna assess Hendo´s prime,though...

Anderson Silva - 34 wins, 8 losses

Best wins:
01. Vitor
02. Franklin
03. Forrest
04. Chael
05. Hendo
06. Maia
07.Bonnar
08. Okami
09. Leben
10. Marquardt
11. Lutter
12. Leites
13. Sakurai

Gegard Mousasi - 44 wins, 6 losses, 2 draws

Best wins:
01. Weidman
02. Belfort
03. Hendo
04. Mark Hunt
05. Jacare
06. Sokoudjou
07. OSP
08. Latifi
09. Goodridge
10. Manhoef
11. Lombard
12. Sobral
13. Munoz

MENTION: the listing is random, I am not saying Lutter was better than Sakurai, for example.

If I forgot someone, please do tell! Thanks!

So, who has a better record, in your opinion?!
Moose is one of the most unlucky fighters in MMA period. He consistently got overlooked for title fights, ignored by mainstream fans and promoters and lost most of the fights that could propel him to greatness. 5 of his 6 losses are crucial and so was one draw:

Akihiro Gono LOSS - PRIDE 2006 Welterweight Grand Prix Quarterfinal. Could have won that GP if he beat Gono.

King Mo LOSS - Lost the Strikeforce Light Heavyweight Championship. Mousasi was deducted one point due to an illegal upkick. King Mo was roided to the gills too.

Keith Jardine DRAW - Mousasi was deducted one point due to an illegal upkick. Otherwise the bout would've been a Unanimous Decision win for Mousasi.

Lyoto Machida LOSS - great fight and a win would grant Moose recognition and a title shot.

Jacare LOSS - again, one win away from a title shot.

Uriah Hall LOSS - I love Hall but that was lucky. Moose avenged that loss but too little to late.

Here's a great video on Moose's history, problems and bad luck:

Gegard's a great fighter but Anderson beats basically everyone in his prime.

Moose is one of the most unlucky fighters in MMA period. He consistently got overlooked for title fights, ignored by mainstream fans and promoters and lost most of the fights that could propel him to greatness. 5 of his 6 losses are crucial and so was one draw:

Akihiro Gono LOSS - PRIDE 2006 Welterweight Grand Prix Quarterfinal. Could have won that GP if he beat Gono.

King Mo LOSS - Lost the Strikeforce Light Heavyweight Championship. Mousasi was deducted one point due to an illegal upkick. King Mo was roided to the gills too.

Keith Jardine DRAW - Mousasi was deducted one point due to an illegal upkick. Otherwise the bout would've been a Unanimous Decision win for Mousasi.

Lyoto Machida LOSS - great fight and a win would grant Moose recognition and a title shot.

Jacare LOSS - again, one win away from a title shot.

Uriah Hall LOSS - I love Hall but that was lucky. Moose avenged that loss but too little to late.

Here's a great video on Moose's history, problems and bad luck:

If I could like you twice, I would.

The Goose was not only a versatile fighter, he also fought opponents from nearly every Weightclass. He was always left out from title fights and fame because he was respectful and didnt do that WWE Trashtalk style, which is the sad part - not only for him but also for us, as we can clearly see that MMA of today became Mixed Martial fighting - there is no Art in that. No respect. Just Bleed.

fodder android loser would get smacked by mousasi. mousasi raped any version of Andy. mousasi has wins overall. the quality of wins is far superior. Andy beat Hendo but Hendo was 38 at the time.

mousasi choked in most of his big fights that could have got him a title shot, thats why never got one. not sure why people going on and on about him never getting one. he left on a 5 fight win streak and most of that streak was non ranked guys or guys outside the top 10. weidman was his best ufc win and the stoppage is tainted

meanwhile, romero went on a longer streak against better opposition to get his shot. ferguson has yet to fight for the real title. holloway won like a dozen in a row before getting to fight pettis for the interim belt.

5 fight win streak with lacking competition doesnt seal a title shot at 185

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back