Breaking: Dillashaw Going DOWN in Weight; Will Fight Cejudo For Flyweight Title @ UFC 233

Who Wins?

• TJ Dillashaw

• Henry Cejudo

Results are only viewable after voting.
I understand the argument of DJ winning, as Cejudo did zero damage, like literally zero in 25 minutes.

That said, I'm not sure who Johnston is lol.

Grips my shit when people talk about corruption when it comes to decisions. You're pissing in the wind because the UFC don't control or appoint the judges. That's why they've been known to still oay fighters a win bonus on occasion when the judges get it badly wrong.

The UFC is making a whole host of shitty decisions but you can't base the fact they've done something shitty on a decision they had no control over (although I grant that event may have planted the seed or made them realize they could do what they wanted to do).

It robbed a dominant champion of his record breaking victory, and arguablly allowed UFC to eliminate the whole division, due to its profitability, though they may argue it was due to its depth, but then we have WMMA divisions with 4 top fighters, and that's being generous.
Are y'all gonna tell him or will I? It is Johnson. Like the people who spell Connor smh

Absolutely pointless, wtf, what a bizarre decision.

Trying to win a belt in a division that soon won’t even exist? I mean, why? Not to mention TJ would be compromised making 125, he already cuts a surprising amount to 135. He looks tiny, but is solidly built.

They shouldn’t even let him, 135 is the relevant division.

I thought Cejudo won while watching, but I've maybe moved to thinking MM should have gotten the nod. Not going to rewatch, but crying robbery over that fight is silly. It was a closely fought five rounder. There's going to be a certain amount of variance in how it is judged. It is inherent in the nature of judged competitions.

I can't use the incredulous words of t.s, but I agree that DJ did not deserve to lose his title that night.I had DJ winning a close fight and he was champ so I was surprised of outcome.

only thing cejudo did was take dj few times down for few secs, i agree dj got robbed hard cejudo is barely a champion.and he did lose their first fight in few minutes

I don't care if it was a robbery or not, cosmic justice was served in several forms.

Lost a close split dec and it's the biggest robbery of all time? LMAO

giphy.gif

great, that's exactly what should have happened. a 135 fight against cejudo would have been irrelevant
Why? The whole point of tj going down was to dethrone Mighty mouse. A guy with zero title defenses in a division that is getting canned is stupid

Why anyone is confused is confusing to me. The man wants a second title (history making, will be just the third man to do it) and he wants his name to go down as the LAST FW champ of the UFC before the division is dissolved.

"I'm actually a double champ."

"Amazing! What division did you win your second belt in OMG!?"

"Flyweight"

"{<jordan}"

We didn't have champ champs in the past because fighters were too pussy to move around weight classes. Lots of guys could have. Everyone wanted to see GSP vs Silva, Silva vs Jones, and Jones at HW. All those guys were too scared to do it though.

Conor started the precedent of champs not being afraid to take dangerous fights and now other guys are following his footsteps. Love him or hate him, Conor changed the sport in a good way and made everyone else grow some balls.
Its fun when you have 2 dominant champs. But not when u have one or two who have only just got the belt.

I thought DJ won, but robbery is when someone gets completely dominated and they still give it to him.

I agree a 100%. If the fight is to close to score for one or the other, the champ remains the champ in my opinion.

only thing cejudo did was take dj few times down for few secs, i agree dj got robbed hard cejudo is barely a champion.and he did lose their first fight in few minutes

Cejudo did get a good amount of ground control, but almost no damage. He was just holding on, because when he tried to punch, DJ would just scramble back to his feet.

Still think DJ won. Especially in a fight that close, the dominant champion should get the nod.

Back