Luke Thomas: Tenshin is much better striker than Conor

Why is this even a question when one guy is 27 - 0 in kickboxing and won the most prestiougis title there, while the other guy gets outstricked by Nate Diaz and Khabib?

I think Conor the man is probably a good dude, I think the character Conor is playing is a rotten scoundrel.

I get that when he promotes, the way he goes about it rubs a lot of people the wrong way, but those who buy too much into it can't help but see him as anything but a cocky, unlikable, overrated, cherry picking fighter, when that's not the case.

Never mind his actual flaws like his Cardio, but people buy so much into his talk, they neglect to acknowledge that the dude has made the walk time and time again, and has only fell short twice in the UFC, when initially "he wasn't supposed to make it".

Wow, a 2002 account with less than 300 messages is interested in a Tenshin thread. Rizin's PR stunt is working well.

What is your obsession with join dates? Yesterday you drew attention to mine - are you that insecure you've only been around 3 years that you have to lash out that people who've been around 10+?

Ok, so on that logic why don't they bring their far superior striking to MMA and become multimillionaire megastars like the inferior Conor instead of struggling in boxing? If the logic is that their striking is far superior to Conor, who allegedly has awful grappling too, then with minimal grappling they will be champions, why spend a life getting beat up for scraps in low tier boxing.

Lol because there is a lot more to MMA than just boxing. You have to change the stance, you have to adapt to kicks, elbows, knees, the clinch, the small gloves, the octagon, etc.

Its not just the grappling/wrestling, but that is a huge factor as well. McGregor has mediocre grappling and wrestling for an MMA fighter. He has above average TDD but that's it. But those are still skills that an amateur boxer would have to develop.

Conor became a multimillionaire megastar mainly because of his mouth, not because of his skills. Of course he has skills, he is a decent fighter, but he was never some super dominant force in the UFC.

There were and are far superior fighters/strikers in the UFC who dominated for much longer than Conor did, who never became the stars that McGregor became. Why? Because they didn't have the mouth.

Boxers? Lol, no way. Ray Mercer quit a kickboxing match simply because getting high kicked was just too much for him to deal with. Like straight up just called it a day after only one high kick.

Boxers whole foot work, defense and distancing aren't made to deal with anything else than punches. And even then they can't deal with anything below their belly button with punches either. They don't have to worry about knees or low kicks when they clinch. They can just lean on each other with no real fear.

You can use Ray Mercer, who was never serious about kickboxing, or you can use Botha who beat LeBanner, Aerts and took Bonjasky to decision twice in his first year after crossing over.

Whatever suits your argument.

How many times did Conor fail to make weight at FW, again? Khabib missed LW twice, and how many win against Top 5 WW's does he have to show for it?

Ok so Conor is better than Khabib at cutting weight...

The Conor hate is reaching unparalleled levels of silliness. Now just about anyone named on SD is a better striker than Conor.

If they are, then why are they not multiple champions in the premier and highest paying org (UFC)?

Errm because the UFC doesnt handpick their opponents and feed them undeserved title shots?

I get that when he promotes, the way he goes about it rubs a lot of people the wrong way, but those who buy too much into it can't help but see him as anything but a cocky, unlikable, overrated, cherry picking fighter, when that's not the case.

Never mind his actual flaws like his Cardio, but people buy so much into his talk, they neglect to acknowledge that the dude has made the walk time and time again, and has only fell short twice in the UFC, when initially "he wasn't supposed to make it".
I’m not going to dig too deep into the positives and negatives of his character. I do see flashes of a man with integrity, but only glimpses hidden behind the pro-wrestling style gimmick he seems to have allowed to consume him. The vanity and narcissism of show Conor has clearly become a part of who he actually is as a man. I do believe he has he potential to continue changing the game once he retires as a fighter, and in a better way than he impacted the sport while an active participant. I truly believe he would make a much better (and more honest) promoter/president of his own fight league, at least relative to Dana White. Or even managing a stable of other fighters.

TENSHIN FOR UFC .............Dana 60g's baby..........

images

sign me up.......... :)

Suddenly every amateur mma fighter and boxer in the world is a better striker than Conor

Suddenly everyone is talking about Tension when previously only Weaboos watching Sailor Moon knew who he was.

The Mayweather fraud worked.

Last edited:
This is 100% true but why say Conor?

Tenshin is clearly the much better striker than Floyd Mayweather

Shit all kickboxers are better strikers than boxers.

The dude he's "fighting" has a record of 0-1, ranked 269th out of 290 flyweights in Japan.
So your saying he beat a ranked opponent. Conor LOST to Artemij Sitenkov only ranked regionally not nationally.

Of course he is.

But try telling that to conor fans. They are the ones who thought he was going to put floyd out within 4rds. Then afterwards claiming that at least he lasted 10rds and did better than other guys that floyd has fought - blind to the fact that Floyd was out there carrying the bum, having fun making BANK fighting a total no hope Palooka.

You can use Ray Mercer, who was never serious about kickboxing, or you can use Botha who beat LeBanner, Aerts and took Bonjasky to decision twice in his first year after crossing over.

Whatever suits your argument.

He lost his first 5, then won a questionable majority draw against Lebanner, then won against Aerts because Aerts injured himself and up to that point was comfortably low kicking away on Botha without any resistance, then lost another 5, then won against a nobody, then won a decision vs a 175 lbers, then lost another 2.

Yeah, great case for boxers being the superior strikers.

Back