TJ vs Cejudo seems pointless

NoBiasJustMMA

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
I get that champion vs champion fights might sell more than the same fight but with only one being champion but why not promote an exciting BW like Moraes?

High level strikers that deliver brutal KOs have always sold well all the way back to the early days of the UFC and Moraes has been on a head kick KO streak yet he's not being promoted, and Cejudo is mostly a decision fighter that isn't very entertaining.(they don't seem to have learned from their failures to promote contenders at FLY and now they aren't promoting contenders at BW).

TJ vs Cejudo seems like a one sided beatdown in TJ's favor and the fact that the UFC is dropping the flyweight division and they traded the best drawing Flyweight discredits the whole champion vs champoin thing if the UFC doesn't even think it's worth keeping the division Cejudo is champion of. Lastly many people thought Cejudo lost to MM the second time and he just became champion.

TJ vs Cejudo doesn't interest me, I expect TJ to dominate him till he gets the TKO. TJ vs Moraes is the best fight that can be made at BW.

Last edited:
It's respect for the Flyweight division and allows the UFC to end it with a bang, rather than unceremoniously. Big gift from Dana to the fighters and the hardcore fans.

That's what it looks like but it's weird after they made him fight Cody again, they can't seem to make up their mind if they don't like TJ or they do.
I think they thought Cody was the guy to invest in. That’s why Cody jumped him in line for the first title shot, and then got an instant rematch after getting killed. But TJ was right when he said he would ruin Cody’s career 0-2 against the champ and getting stopped both times is a death sentence for your future prospects until that champ loses.

What I’m surprised at is that they didn’t try to force TJ/Cruz II so that if Cruz won, they could get Cody back in there with Cruz/Cody II

It's respect for the Flyweight division and allows the UFC to end it with a bang, rather than unceremoniously. Big gift from Dana to the fighters and the hardcore fans.

lol, the fans don't want TJ vs Cejudo, that's why i'm making this post, most people seem to want TJ vs Moraes.

Champ vs champ where the guy defending loses his belt regardless.

At 135 there at least seems to be a point to the fight, at 125 its just TJ trying to pick up a belt against a guy who squeaked by against a man who fucked him up previously.

So TJ wants to pick on kids now does he. Rather see him move up a weightclass really. Not saying he's do well, who knows.

TJ vs Cejudo doesn't interest me, I expect TJ to dominate him till he gets the TKO. TJ vs Moraes is the best fight that can be made at BW.

I respectfully suggest that those who expect little of Cejudo are basing their expectations on his dubious win against Demetrious Johnson. If you look at the fights that earned him that rematch, he was a force to be reckoned with.

Having the fight at 125lbs seems silly since they're closing the division right after. Just doesn't really make much sense but whatever, hopefully it's more competitive this way at least.

TJ has several viable contenders in his own division, he shouldn't be moving weight classes. Moraes, Cruz II, Assucao III to name a few. If the fight was for the Bantamweight title, it would even make more sense since they're dissolving the Flyweight division. Makes sense to give that champion a chance at the other belt.

UFC has been making lots of bizarre decisions lately, I wish it would go back to how it used to be. Champions fight the top contenders and only when they've cleaned out a division should they give a chance at a second belt. Nowadays, everybody is going to be a double champion, ruining the value of it. Before recently, there had only ever been one champion vs. champion fight. Now we'll have had 4 more in just over 2 years. I like a champion vs. champion match, but only if it makes sense. None of the recent ones really have.

Cejudo is probably more marketable because he's American and has a great story. At least in terms of PPV-buys.

TJ vs Cejudo at 135 is great

TJ vs Cejudo at 125 is just fucking dumb

Yeah, but if Cejudo just holds him down for 5 rounds...

It was pointless before, even more so now. But as long as UFC fans continue to buy wolf tickets, they’ll keep putting them out.

I can't wait until TJ misses weight, the fight gets scrapped, & only sells 100k as Bellator balls out with a free card. 233 will now be cursed.

The UFC these days think more belts = better fights. Even though they simultaneously prove by making pointless extra belts and strip belts, give and then take away title shots that the belts are meaningless now.

I dont get what audience they are appealing to by doing all this shit

I respectfully suggest that those who expect little of Cejudo are basing their expectations on his dubious win against Demetrious Johnson. If you look at the fights that earned him that rematch, he was a force to be reckoned with.

He looked great in that fight but he hasn't performed like that before or since and TJ is way better than Wilson Reis and TJ fights nothing like Reis who Cejudo was a terrible match up for considering Reis is a grappler that doesn't have very good striking or speed.

Cejudo is probably more marketable because he's American and has a great story. At least in terms of PPV-buys.

I don't know man, he hasn't sold well so far and his fights aren't that entertaining outside of the time he fought Reis who he's a terrible match up for. Moraes always puts on a show and people love KOs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back